Posts Tagged “www.tatucity.com”
Balozi Housing Co-operative Society Clerk of Works Job in Kenya 2012
- KCSE with a mean grade of C Plain
- Diploma in Building / Construction Engineering/ Management from the Kenya Polytechnic University or any other reputable institution.
- 3 Years experience in large scale housing development under the supervision of registered consultants.
- Have the experience in supervising projects of at least Kshs.300 Million
- Having experience in QS works will be an added advantage.
- Have a valid driving licence class BCE
- Proof of no criminal record.
- Be conversant with the relevant building regulations/ policies /statutes/safety and health requirements as stipulated by the relevant statutory /professional improving/licensing authorities.
Balozi Housing Co-operative Society Ltd
P.O Box 10548-00100, Nairobi
Danish Refugee Council Programme Support Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya (With travel to Somalia) 2012
The PSO will report directly to the Country Director. S/he will be responsible for providing program and administrative support to the CD in Nairobi and senior management team in Somalia.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997.
DRC Somalia implements both emergency and longer-term interventions targeted to the development of the economic and institutional capacities of selected communities in rural and semi-urban districts affected by displacement.
a) Senior Management Support
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of the day-to-day managerial support requirements of the Country Director and senior management team by ensuring meetings are attended, handling information requests, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Support DRC Somalia senior management in coordinating activities, such as conferences, trainings, quarterly and programme meetings, field visits, international travel, internally and externally organized workshops. This role will also include taking meeting notes for those meetings/workshops attended, preparation of materials for quarterly and programmatic meetings, and compilation and distribution of meeting minutes and relevant information.
- Maintain master calendar for DRC Somalia.
- Communicate with external partners, donors and visitors as advised by the CD
- Organising and coordinating visits by donors, regional teams or Headquarters.
- Provide support as required in reviewing correspondence, assisting with recruitment processes, and other administrative actions
- Liaise regularly with staff in other departments, field offices, consultants, and other external contacts to ensure effective information flow and timely actions.
- Maintain an effective filing system to include key correspondences, organisation/project reports, financial information and other relevant documents.
- Responsible for day-to-day project correspondence, information sharing and filing, ensuring that appropriate follow-up actions are taken for the Country Director.
- Maintain records and track the status of the senior management action items.
- Support new programme development processes as directed by the CD or Programme Director. With support from PD, play a support role in new project inception processes that involves ensuring work plans/budgets; office, staffing etc are in place for project start-up activities.
- Under the direction of the CD, perform liaison services on behalf of DRC to donors, Government Officials, other relevant partners and government agencies (e.g. UN, NGOs, etc.)
- Represent DRC in programme coordination meetings with other development partners, UN agencies etc in the absence of the CD, PD or technical coordinators.
- Develop talking points and background and briefing materials for meetings, conferences, publicity, advocacy and fundraising for DRC Somalia in collaboration with regional communications advisor.
- Work with the PD to ensure that the annual projects work plans and budgets are finalised approved for all the projects.
- Work with PD to ensure that all key programme documentation is filed and easily accessible.
- Provide the programme support required to the PD to organise the organizational wide annual work planning process and the internal project/organization programme reviews and evaluations.
- As directed, undertake research and prepare written briefings for CD on topical issues related to program development.
- In collaboration with PD, support project coordination as may be requested.
- Perform other duties as determined by the CD.
The post holder reports to the Country Director – Somalia
- University Degree or similar qualifications desirable, Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years office, administrative and programme management experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Energetic and flexible with high sense of responsibility and excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally.
- High level of integrity and able to maintain strictest of confidentiality
- High competence in handling situations with tact and diplomacy
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites as needed
- Good command of computer programs and applications with significant capabilities in computerized database and spreadsheet construction, and their practical application.
Availability: 1 July 2012
Duty station: Nairobi with travel to the field to field programmes throughout Somalia.
Contract: One year contract with possibility of extension. Terms and conditions in accordance with DRC terms for National staff in Kenya.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.dk
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability committments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html)
Applicants should send a 1-page cover letter that clearly states how they are qualified, and why they are interested in the post, together with their CV (not longer than 4 pages) to: email@example.com
Please indicate “Programme Support Officer” as the subject heading.
The deadline for applications is May 13, 2012.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of age, nationality, race, gender or age.
Jobs at Crisis Action in Kenya april 2012
Job Title: Office Manager, Nairobi
Closing Date: Thursday, 05 April 2012
Salary: Competitive salary, depending on experience and qualifications
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reporting directly to: Nairobi Director
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The Office Manager will work closely with the Nairobi Director and will be responsible for managing office systems both financial and administrative. You will be an essential part of the team. You will liaise with Crisis Action offices as needed to ensure the smooth running of the Nairobi office. You will be responsible for the coordination of all Nairobi office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
Administrative and Financial Support to the Nairobi Office – You will play a key role in the smooth running of our small office.
You will assist the Nairobi Director with the execution and effectiveness of administrative and financial controls, which will include;
ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES:
Design and implementation of office policies, operations, standards and procedures in relation to administration;
Coordinate recruitment processes, orientation and training of staff and interns and other HR related functions;
Plan and implement office systems, layout and equipment procurement;
Maintaining and safeguarding office assets;
Organize and follow up on travel arrangements and conference coordination;
Organize and follow up on meetings with partners and donors;
Update databases and ensure excellent institutional memory across Crisis Action’s work in Nairobi;
Deal with external contractors and suppliers;
Provide the relevant IT support, working closely with IT contractors and consultants;
Ensure protection, well-maintained, well-designed and effective transfer of files and records.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND CONTROLS
Institutionalize and ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use at all times;
Implement systems, which comply with the Organizations internal finance manual;
Maintain, administer and monitor day-to-day financial control within approved budget heads and according to funder requirements;
Prepare and review detailed budgets for approval;
Prepare monthly financial reports for the London office within 10 working days from month-end;
Ensure that local taxation requirements are complied with in respect to employee and service providers contracts etc;
Broker, enhance and manage external relations with banks, auditors, lawyers etc, ensuring value for money.
Assist the audit process.
Undertake other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure the effective delivery and development of service.
The following are essential:
Experience in office management, including record keeping, filing, organizing meetings and managing diaries and travel;
Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Word, Excel and databases;
Excellent networking and communication skills, both oral and written;
Self starter with drive and initiative and ability to multitask;
High levels of professionalism, organization, reliability and confidentiality;
Fluent written and spoken English and Swahili;
Proven administrative and management skills;
Experience of financial responsibility including strong financial literacy, experience of managing budgets and keeping accounts.
How to apply:
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate and you would like to be part of the Crisis Action team. Apply for this position by doing the following: 1. Complete the Application Form attached 2. Complete the Equal Opportunities Form attached 3. Submit your CV together with the application form
Applications should be submitted by email.
The document should be saved in PDF
Please write: “Application: [Your name]” in the Subject line of the email
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for receipt of all applications is close of business on 5 April 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 5th April 2012
Head of Product Training Job Vacancy in Kenya april 2012
Reports to: CEO
Purpose: Product knowledge and skills are strategic assets that must be developed, managed and protected.
The Head of Product Training, will ensure that all customer-facing staff and product consultants are trained to the organization’s standard and receive continuous learning and development opportunities so that the organization continues to meet its employees and customers needs.
The Head of Training shall also ensure that organization’s Partners receive requisite training to enhance their ability to remain attractive to their own customer base and hence loyal to us.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
In-house staff development and training
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Work with management and function heads to conduct surveys and identify training needs and product knowledge priorities for staff based on strategic needs and other market factors.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and staff development programs, using the most effective methods from classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops, as applicable.
- Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
- Continuously analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Engage Product suppliers to organize and conduct ongoing technical training and personal development classes for staff members.
- Evaluate instructor performance (especially from the Supplier-side) and the effectiveness of their training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
- Coordinate established courses with technical and professional courses provided by other technical bodies where required.
- Prepare training budget for department or organization.
- Report on the status of staff training programmes on a weekly basis.
- Provide strong leadership and direction around Distributor product training program and solutions.
- Ensure that training program are implemented within the Organization’sDealer Partnership Program and that the sales executives and marketing teams understand, support and are engaged in the process.
- Engage Product suppliers to organize and conduct ongoing technical training and personal development classes for Dealer partner Sales teams.
- Work in partnership with the Organization’sMarketing/Communications Manager to align Partners sales and marketing training activities (where applicable) with overall Organization’s strategy.
- Organize scheduled demo-training sessions at Partner outlets in conjunction with Organization’s Product consultants.
- Leverage new media techniques and digital media to develop creative training modules for Partners.
- Provide regular feedback and insight to Management based upon market place learning’s.
- Report on the status of Partner training programs on a weekly basis.
- Experience in sales and technical training with clear progression in terms of responsibilities and scope of roles.
- Education and/or Special Training
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques & where relevant have experience in the creation and/or delivery of e-learning packages
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Ability to design and facilitate training for managers, supervisors and other staff
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Relevant qualifications and/or training
Response to email@example.com