Posts Tagged “www.ncck.org”
Technical Director Job in Kenya may 2012
Our client, a fast growing outdoor media advertising company operating in over 15 countries in the world is looking to hire a Technical Director for their Nairobi office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To act as a country director and report to the group Chairman in collaboration with other staff in Nairobi office.
- Negotiating for business and prospecting for new business from key accounts while keeping a business relationship with current clients.
- Utilize his/her technical skills in the implementation of the company projects.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Civil and Structural Engineering graduate from a reputable university.
- Over 10 years hands-on experience in the construction industry or has operated his/her own engineering (Civil/Construction) business start-up but not currently self employed.
- Business minded person, street smart and an excellent business negotiator.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- An understanding of the Kenyan market dynamics and able to make strategic decisions
- Of at least 40 years age.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Nabui House, 3rd Floor, Behind Unga house, Westlands,
P.O. Box 10090- 00100,
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database
Kenya Methodist University Jobs in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Legal Officer The Kenya Methodist University is a Chartered Christian Ecumenical Institution of Higher learning. We would wish to invite qualified applicants for the following positions. Legal Officer Job Specification Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the officer will be responsible for the preparation of legal opinions and offering guidance on legal issues/aspects of the University.
Required Qualifications and Experience Applicants for the position of Legal Officer should: Be a holder of a Bachelors degree ¡n Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate.
Have at least five (5) years experience handling legal matters in a large and reputable organization with experience in civil and criminal litigation, commercial law, labour law, insurance and conveyance. Must be conversant with the Public Procurement and Disposal Act and Regulations and all labour laws.
Have experience in contract negotiations and drafting. Demonstrate high degree of professional competence in legal work and administrative capability in work performance and results. He/She should not be more than 35 years of age. Must be computer literate. Bea person of outstanding honesty and integrity with high moral and ethical values. Be a member of the LSK.
Duties and Responsibilities
Preparation of legal opinions and offering guidance on legal matters. Monitoring compliance with the legal and regulatory framework. Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, securing and administering Licenses, Agreements and Contracts in which the University may be involved in. Safeguarding the University from possible litigation by offering legal counsel to the University Management and staff.
Coordinating the representation of the University in courts in the event of litigations. Facilitating dispute resolution process between various Departments and Units in the University. Provision and handling of all in-house legal matters of the University.
Preparation of staff and students indemnities. Formulation of statutes that govern the conduct of discipline of staff and students from time to time as may be deemed necessary. Preparation of updates to the management in relation to the reviews and interpretations of University statutes.
Formulation and guidance on the preparation of documents such as Memoranda of Understanding and Collaboration agreements between the University and external parties.
Crafting charges for staff and students violating the regulations governing the conduct and discipline of staff and students. Ensuring that the University adheres to the laid down procedures and regulations in employee matters, disciplinary measures and any other matter which has legal implications.
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should send their detailed CV with daytime contacts and copies of academic and professional certificates to the undersigned so as to reach him on or before 4th May 2012.
The applicants should advise their referees to write letters of reference addressed to the Vice Chancellor as soon as they submit their applications for the position.
The Vice Chancellor, Kenya Methodist University, PO. Box 267—60200, Meru Deadline: 4th May 2012
NCCK Camp Planning Officer Job in Kakuma Refugee Camp Kenya 2012
Camp Planning Officer
Reporting to the Camp Coordinator, this position will be responsible for coordinating activities of Camp layout to reflect residential areas, communal facilities, social amenities, road reserves, public utility land as well as streamline settlement in the Camp.
The incumbent will work in close collaboration with United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) to ensure that all stakeholders abide by the international standard operating procedures. This is a residential non accompanied posting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Construction or Physical Planning & Development)
- 3 years experience in managing development/relief programs
- Proficiency in use of modern physical planning equipment and soft ware
- Previous experience in camp management and management of grants from UN agencies
- Demonstrable organization and planning skills
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under adverse climatic conditions
- Previous work experience with development or relief organizations in complex emergency situations, including refugee and internally displaced people.
- General knowledge of construction, water/sanitation and shelter programs will be an added advantage
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Safaricom Foundation Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job in Kenya april 2012
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Safaricom Foundation
Reporting to the Manager- Safaricom Foundation the job holder will be responsible for the reporting, monitoring and evaluation of the Corporate Social Investment projects of the Safaricom Foundation.
- Develop and maintain a monitoring and evaluation system and information sharing database;
- Coordinate and implement the review and analysis of the performance of project partners;
- Support the implementation of project reviews, and mid-term and end-of-project reviews;
- Build the capacity of Foundation and project staff involved in monitoring, evaluation, and data collection;
- Compile and disseminate evaluation findings and relevant information and experiences;
- Compile the requirements of the reporting systems for various donors and partners as may be required periodically;
- On project status, review of proposals, and preparation of reports.
- Masters degree in social sciences- Development Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation or other related discipline
- Specialized training in Monitoring and Evaluation;
- At least four years working experience in project Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Excellent analysis and report writing skills;
- Proficient in MS Office applications i.e. word, excel, PowerPoint;
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with project partners over the phone or face to face;
- Must have good report writing skills;
- Willingness to travel countrywide
- Tenacious with the ability to see things through to the end.
The deadline for application is Monday the 9th April 2012
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to email@example.com
KOMAZA Kenya NGO Field Manager Job Vacancy 2012
KOMAZA’s mission: Lift rural families out of poverty by increasing income and generating permanent wealth through agro-forestry social business.
KOMAZA is looking for one (1) highly motivated, organized, responsible, intelligent and detail-oriented individual.
- KCSE required, Certification or Diploma in Agriculture, Forestry or Community Development strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills in Kiswahili, English and Kimijikenda
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word and Excel), internet research and email
- Driving license required, Experience riding motorbikes preferred
- 2+ years work experience managing projects and teams; strong organization and leadership skills
Roles and Responsibilities
Location: Field work in Ganze District, Office work in Kilifi Town
Field Managers are responsible for overseeing KOMAZA’s field operations in their designated project area.
This will involve: staff management, including employee training, community mobilization, planning, organization and management of crop planting and crop maintenance as well as frequent coordination with the Field Director.
Field Staff Management – Supervise all of the field staff in your area; working to hire, train, and manage them and ensure that they are performing their jobs satisfactorily.
Community Mobilization – Interact with community leaders and groups to secure support of and assistance with the project. Educate the community on the KOMAZA projects and their benefits.
Management of Planting Preparation, Implementation, and Maintenance – Manage the proper execution of all crop planting and maintenance activities in your area including the logistics and delivery of planting tools and inputs to all farmers. Track the progress of all farmers and make regular reports requiring detailed record keeping and creating spreadsheets for tracking progress.
Coordination with the Field Director – Report regularly to your Field Director on the status of project and planting activities in your area. Maintain in close communication with the Field Director and head office on all matters regarding to KOMAZA’s field-based work in your area.
How to apply
Please visit www.komaza.org/fieldmanager to download the application form.
Then E-mail your Application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Field Manager.
Having problems downloading the application? Send in your application through P.O. Box 117-80108 Kilifi
Please apply as soon as possible.
Deadline is 6th April, 2012