Posts Tagged “www.americanembassy.myjobsinkenya.com”
TechnoServe Dairy Value Chain Technical Director Job in Kenya 2012
- Lead Dairy Value Chain Strengthening activities.
- Provide leadership in value chain development, analysis and improve linkages among actors
- Facilitate market-led and private sector-led initiatives which lead to; improved dairy productivity, increased access to services for smallholder farmers and actors, improved enabling environment, increased adoption of technology, and increased household incomes and nutrition.
- Lead the strengthening and capacity building of smallholder enterprises/associations/local organizations to ensure sustainable development of the dairy value chain.
- Initiate and strengthen dairy private public partnerships (PPPs)
- Play a lead role interacting with key implementing actors, government and other development partners.
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to agricultural development such as: agricultural economics, marketing, agribusiness management or related fields.
- 10 years’ international/regional experience with successful value chain development projects in the technical area of management responsibility.
- 10 years’ experience on projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Demonstrated success in implementing projects aimed at increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chains using facilitation approaches.
- Strong background in gender integration and women empowerment.
- Market linkage experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English.
Medair Somalia Nutrition Medical Manager Job vacancy 2012
- Lead on ensuring delivery of clinical care to all severely malnourished children enrolled in Medair’s nutrition programme (both in and out patients) according to national and international standards
- Provide hands-on clinical input where national staff are not yet able to deliver care to appropriate standards; particularly ward rounds, admissions, complications and emergencies on the in-patient U5 malnutrition ward – Stabilization Centre (SC)
- Organize and provide regular training for SC staff including on the job training and supervision
- Oversee the referral system between the SC and the out-patient malnutrition programme – OTP
- Provide clinical input into the provision of OTP services and to lead on the integration of OTP services into Primary Health Centre (Mother and Child Health – MCH) facilities
- Provide regular training and refresher sessions to OTP staff, both Medair and MoH employees
- Manage the budget allocated for the SC, including supplies and stocks, in discussion with the Nutrition Project Manager and/or Programmes Co-ordinator
- In liaison with the Medair nutrition data clerk, ensure timely and accurate morbidity reports are submitted from the SC to Medair, the MoH and other donors
- To monitor the quality of care provided in the SC and OTP through supervision checklists and audits
- Medical Doctor with postgraduate experience in paediatrics
- Experience in leading a clinical team, and medical and cross-cultural teaching and training
- Experience working in a CMAM programme or experience clinically managing acute malnutrition would be beneficial
- Postgraduate experience in neonatal care and training in tropical medicine is desirable
Food & Beverage Manager Job Vacancy at a 5 Star Hotel in Nairobi 2012
Scope and General Purpose:
The F&B Manager is responsible for the efficient operations of the Food and Beverage Division; by ensuring the highest quality of food and beverage service in the hotel.
He/She will also be responsible for maintaining departmental revenues and profit margins, and will supervise and control all catering outlets in the hotel to the required standards, within agreed budgetary limits and other parameters.
Taking charge of banquet, catering, restaurant and kitchen facilities, F&B Manager will ensure company profitability and customer satisfaction.
He/She will manage the and monitor the production, preparation, and delivery of food.
Required to maintain close and frequent customers communication and use guests’ feedback to make necessary provisions to ensure overall satisfaction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure prompt, professional and efficient service of all food and beverage in the service outlets and functions.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained, agreed costs are not exceeded through effective control systems.
- To ensure that restaurants and cloakrooms are clean and well maintained that table appointments, including flower arrangements are impeccable.
- To ensure that the F&B team are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
- To ensure that bars and cloakrooms are clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
- To develop and oversee staff training to ensure that customers are served in a professional and friendly manner.
- To ensure that room service orders are executed promptly and that they comply to the required standards.
- To ensure the efficient running of the banqueting department and that all banqueting rooms, including cloakrooms, are clean and tidy.
- To ensure that consumable and non-consumable goods are ordered, correctly stored and issued to the various departments.
- To ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
- To ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
- To attend promptly to customer complaints and ensure that they are resolved effectively.
- To ensure that reports and administration requirements are submitted when required.
- To ensure that the Back of the House Department operates effectively and efficiently.
- To hold regular performance appraisals with all management staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is effected.
- University degree or College Diploma in Hotel Management with four (4) years experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated quality management and leadership skills, good judgment and common sense
- Strong communication and report writing skills
- Sharp minded, problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Good organizational and time management skills, with ability to set priorities for self and the team.
- Excellent computer knowledge
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications please send your CV and application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th April 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Business Development Executives Jobs in Kenya 2012
Josab’s keen knowledge in the water industry has helped us in developing solutions that answer the needs of todays clients ranging from swimming pools, gardening, aquatic breeding, drinking water, high quality fillers among other application areas.
We are looking for appropriate candidates to fill the position of Business Development Executives
- An intelligent and inquiring mind
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Proactive mentality and drive to generate interest to make something from nothing
- Confident in manner and outlook
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative yet result oriented environment- a team player
- Identify and develop potential client / business partners to grow revenue generation opportunities
- Relationship management by building positive relationship with clients
- Conduct potential client research
- Actively seek and conduct meetings and presentations with potential clients
- Represent josab EA Ltd at client meetings, trade shows and conferences
- Plan and coordinate client sales activities
- Write sales reports
- A minimum of diploma or Bachelors degree in Business related field ( preferably marketing)
- Minimum 2 years experience within the sales environment
- Self driven, result oriented with positive out look
- Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
If you meet the above conditions then send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com