Posts Tagged “www.actionaid.org/jobs”
Actionaid International Corporates and Natural Resources Officer 2012
Directorate of Programmes
Duration: 3 years Fixed Term – Local Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Formally you will have a relevant degree / Masters or equivalent experience coupled with at least 5 years experience working in an international agency / across countries on natural resources and corporate accountability.
- This is underpinned by a comprehensive understanding of rights-based programme practice and the ability to link this work to national and international influencing work.
- The ideal candidate can be described as energetic, enthusiastic and interested in learning within a political, changing and diverse work environment with strong networking/relationship-building skills- ability to anticipate, coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues.
- You will have excellent problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- A high capacity for work output in order to meet tight deadlines and multiple priorities are essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (additionally French and Portuguese will be an advantage) are crucial, especially the ability to inform and engage through written communication
- On a personal level you will have a strong commitment to develop, promote and practice AAI’s vision, mission, values, and strategy.
Nairobi Women’s Hospital Chief of Medical Services Job in Kenya 2012
We are recruiting for the following high calibre individual to lead our team of healthcare professionals.
Chief of Medical Services
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:-
1. Leading and managing the strategy formulation and implementation in the area of medical services in the hospital;
2. Providing leadership in formulating, implement and monitoring clinical policies, protocol and standards to foster appropriate and consistent patient care;
3. Spearheading the development and implementation of capacity building initiatives for medical services personnel including training, staff induction and clinical research activities;
4. Engaging with doctors for issuance and management of admission rights in line with hospital policies and procedures;
5. Working closely with hospital leadership to enhance the hospital relationship with medical officers, registrars, consultants and regulatory bodies;
6. Developing managing and controlling the medical services budget including finance, staffing, equipments and consumables;
7. Develop an organisational plan for medical services operations providing for efficient use of personnel including clinical assignments, rotation and call schedules, and coverage
8. Coordinating the functions of the Medical Advisory Committee in addressing of medical staff activities in accordance with the legal requirements, ethical standards and overall hospital policies.
9. Championing the organisation course in network development, contracting, and credentialing in local and regional markets
Qualifications and Skills
- Medical Degree from accredited University
- Registration with KMPDB or any other EA Medical Board
- Post graduate qualifications in medical field or management
- At least 5 years clinical experience
- At least 2 years in a management or administrative capacity
- MBA added advantage