Posts Tagged “vacancies in kenya”
KCB Market Risk Anaylst Job vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
- Implementation of a Middle Office / Market Risk System for the KCB Group.
- The establishment of Entity VaR, business unit VaR’s and associated trading limits and triggers thereby ensuring these are appropriately calibrated to capital allocations and budgeted P&L. Authorization of headroom allocations and motivation for increased limits on basis of risk‐reward relationship.
- Daily risk reporting, analysis and commentary including weekly review of backtesting failures. This includes VaR measurement, VaR proxy decisions, collating of historic data, discussion of risk positions and changes with traders, monitoring, reporting and reviewing of established limits , design and implementation of appropriate market risk reports, ALCO reports, economic capital reporting etc.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the mark‐to‐market pricing models and liaison with market risk methods for assistance on quantitative matters.
- Support the development of a Group market risk framework and policy to include the above, models, limits, stress testing and scenario analysis
- Profit & loss attribution analysis, provision reporting, price verification and liaison with finance on reconciliation of reported results.
- Review and research of economic indicators and discussion of positioning ahead of possible market moves to maximize / minimize risk‐reward.
- Implementation of Basle II and liaison with CBK
- Minimum of an upper second class first degree from a recognized university preferably in a financial engineering, actuarial science or mathematical discipline
- Professional qualifications i.e. CFA, CPA, ACA, ACI, PRM or already enrolled to attain one of the above qualifications
- At least 3 years experience in banking or in a financial institution, with at least two years exposure to market risk or the treasury function.
- Exposure to valuation of financial instruments and IAS39
- Ability to multi task, network and to be able to communicate with people at different levels
- Be focused on delivery and results within deadlines
- Proven analytical skills and ability to analyze & evaluate financial reports
- Ability to co‐ordinate tasks and people and to be able to work individually or to work in a team and provide on the job training when necessary
- Understand the products traded in a treasury/derivative environment and the treasury processes (front office, middle office, back office, risk)
- Good knowledge of office automation skills (VBA) and the Microsoft office suite
Article Writing Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2012
British American Recruitment – Massive Financial Advisors Jobs kenya 2012
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prospecting for clients for the provision of insurance and investment services and products including unit trusts, life insurance, monthly investment plans, education plans, General insurance, Retirement planning, offshore products etc.
- Provide financial advice to clients according to their requirements and risk profile, as well as the performance of the specific portfolios
- Carry out a detailed-fact find review of the potential clients and recommend appropriate insurance and investment products.
- Maintain a regular follow-up with clients to maintain a strong customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional qualifications in areas such as education, marketing with a strong flair for sales.
- Minimum KCSE grade C
- Minimum Age- 28 (mandatory)
- Successful track record of selling in the financial services sector, teaching or any other relevant profession;
- Highly networked and adept at connecting with people;
- Prior experience in selling life or investments will be a definite advantage.
- COP in insurance or its equivalent professional certification, added advantage
- Good working knowledge of financial markets and financial products
- Results oriented and able to work under strict deadlines to meet sales targets
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
In the event you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Great Lakes University of Kisumu Job Vacancy 2012
Director Centre of Research Excellence in Health Systems Strengthening (CREHSS)
The eligible candidate should possess the following qualifications;
A PhD in a field relevant to research including Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or Social Sciences;
An Associate Professor, Principal Research Officer or equivalent with at least 5 years working
experience in an academic or research institution, with evidence of achievement in research through publications and research grants.
Project management skills, IT skills, strategic management skills, quality assurance and control skills in research, risk management and conflicts resolution skills.
Be self-driven with excellent interpersonal, supervisory, communication, management and
organizational skills, as well as the ability to attend to multiple projects simultaneously and meet
Roles and Responsibilities
The Successful candidate will be reporting to the Principal Investigator and will be in charge of the Coordination of research activities among partner institutions of Centre of Research Excellence in Health Systems Strengthening (CREHSS) including GLUK, Moi University (School of Public Health), Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK), Ministry of Public Health (MoPHs), Africa Population Health Research Center(APHRC) and Christian Health Association of Kenya(CHAK).
In addition, the candidate will also be carrying out the following duties;
- Strategic planning, resourcing for Research Grants and providing direct links to national, regional and international institutional partners and collaborators.
- Supporting the Head of Knowledge Translation to Policy Formation and Practice and the Heads of Capacity Building, and Research Leadership Departments to enhance research competencies among the CREHSS member agencies, and across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Working with various departmental heads in facilitating Human Resource, Finance and Administration activities as well as Monitoring and Evaluation Unit to ensure efficient systems for data management.
Please send your detailed CV by 15th March, 2012 to:
The Vice Chancellor,
Great Lakes University of Kisumu (GLUK),
P.O.Box 2224-40100, Kisumu- Kenya.
Massive Recruitment at a local Kenyan NGO 2012
Preferred Skills and QualificationsMinimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience as a Warehouse/Inventory manager or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements in particular Hospitality, Universities, Emergency Relief Services and Hospital backgrounds preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
Professional qualifications in Warehouse/Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
Expert knowledge in Warehouse/Inventory and Logistics
Those who had applied previously need not apply.
2. Procurement Officer (Three Posts)
We are looking for Kiswahili, Math and English writers to develop lesson plans, assessments and other curriculum materials for our schools.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
5. Project Architect
6. Construction Researcher
You can apply and view detailed job requisitions on the
Careers page at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital Foundation Manager Job in Kenya 2012
The Foundation is dedicated to improving the health of needy children. Since its establishment, the Foundation has been managed by an active Board of Trustees. The Board has recently decided to hire its first Manager and is seeking an outstanding leader to direct its grant making activities and to represent the Foundation in the local community as well as nationally.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Foundation Manager is responsible for the strategic, programmatic, financial and administrative operations of the Foundation in the community and nationally; establishing a new office, and initiating the administrative tasks inherent in launching a new enterprise.
The job consists of three broad areas of responsibility.
The Foundation Manger will develop a process to solicit and recommend grant requests for the Board’s consideration.
He/she will prepare requests for proposals, establish a process to review grant applications, provide guidance and technical assistance to grantees, and develop evaluation criteria for grantees. Most importantly, the Foundation Manager will reach out into the community to identify unmet child health needs for the Foundation to consider.
The Foundation Manager will lead the Foundation in its role as a valuable community health resource. This will involve being a convener of health leaders, policy makers, providers and community leaders to discuss local child health issues, and providing the information needed to increase understanding of the nature and scope of the issues.
Additionally, the Foundation Manager will develop appropriate relationships with members of the Foundation, grantees, fellow grantmakers, the media , community officials, health leaders in the community, and general public.
The Foundation Manager will be responsible for setting up the office and administrative procedures, developing and overseeing an operating budget, directing communications efforts and assisting the Board in defining the role of the Foundation members.
Additionally, the Foundation Manager will work closely with the Finance and Investment Committee in all matters relating to the Foundation’s investments and finances.
The successful candidate will be a leader with strong administrative skills who has a record of accomplishment and respect in the non-profit community.
He/she will possess most if not all of the qualifications listed below.
- Significant experience in the non-profit sector; ideally knowledgeable in grant making and familiar with the health community;
- Demonstrated experience in launching and leading a new enterprise;
- Demonstrated experience in working with and educating a diverse Board, many committees, and a citizen activist community;
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation, vision, imagination and patience in previous and current positions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the successful candidate must be diplomatic, charismatic, persuasive, and credible to a wide variety of audiences;
- An analytical thinker with strong planning and financial management skills;
- High energy, self-direction, stamina and a strong work ethic; and
- An advanced degree in health-related discipline would be an asset.
Compensation for this opportunity has been designed to attract a person of significant accomplishments
How to Apply
To apply for this challenging positions, please click to download the Pre-Employment Application Form, fill it and attach your C.V and application only to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for this application is on 24th February 2012.
Insurance Industry Unit Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya 2012
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell the company’s products
- Develop and communicate the unit’s business objectives in line with the company’s overall goals and objectives and assess and monitor their achievement.
- Conceptualize and implement sales and marketing strategies and programs consistent with the organization’s long-term business objectives.
- Develop, implement and maintain sales unit financial budgets, approve spending and ensure profitability for the unit.
- Allocate appropriate resources to execute sales and marketing plans and activities.
- Hire, train, motivate and develop direct sales force to build team work spirit, to achieve sales target and keep abreast with team performance
- Empower, select, coach, train and retain a qualified sales team that contributes to the unit and the organization’s goals.
- Facilitating opening of new markets for the sales agents with the aim of achieving the set targets
- Ensuring the existing customer is adequately catered for through general customer service that arises in the course of duty.
- Identify and investigate growth opportunities for the company with our customers
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist to create and implement solutions
- Degree or diploma in a business related field
- Certificate of proficiency
- Good IT skills
- At least 3 years progressive experience in sales management
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 7th February 2012.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
•Plan and drive outlet sales to achieve sales goals
•Establish, manage and review Sales targets and productivity goals to exceed Company standards
•Establish and demonstrate uncompromising customer service standards.
•Foster a positive, professional work environment that encourages ideas and innovative problem solving
•Demonstrate ability to evaluate issues, establish priorities and adjust direction when necessary
•Manage Sales assistants where applicable.
•Comply with and support all Company standards and policies
•Diploma holder preferred
•2 to 5 years minimum previous experience in very high end / luxury goods retail (fashion, watches and jewelry, shoes, leather goods…) preferably as a marketer or supervisor.
•PERFECT presentation and communication skills
•Over 25 years but below 36 years old.
•Familiar with a multicultural and international environment
Salary: Kshs 13,500 plus commission