Posts Tagged “UNICEF kenyan jobs”
Kenya Country Office
Vacancy Announcement – Temporary Appointment
Programme Specialist NOC – Lodwar Duty Station
Date of Issue: 21 December 2011
Closing Date: 03 January 2012
Applications are hereby invited from qualified candidates to fill the above temporary position in Lodwar Office under the Field Operations and Emergency Section of UNICEF Kenya Country Office.
Purpose of the Post:
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Field Operations and Emergency, provide ongoing support to Government and partners to formulate locally owned strategies that emphasize recovery and disaster risk and disparity reduction and to effectively mobilize Government and partner resources to support these initiatives.
Support will also be provided to the Government in coordination with partners in critical sectors such as Nutrition, Education, WASH and Protection to ensure that the humanitarian response and recovery programmes are as efficient and effective as possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Carry out regular assessments of the situation in relation to women and children. Ensure the preparation of the situation analysis of areas under the purview of the field office and undertake its periodic updating. Participate in the formulation of Country Programme recommendations, related documents, programme result areas, strategies and approaches for UNICEF intervention and effective monitoring.
2) Plan, coordinate and monitor implementation of both humanitarian and regular programmes. Prepare regular analytical reports to keep the country management team updated. Participate with UNICEF, the Government and Non Governmental Organizations, private enterprise and other partners in the development of strategies, methodologies and identification of new approaches for programme delivery that incorporate recovery and Disaster Risk and Disparity Reduction. Undertake field visits and organize review meetings periodically to assess the progress of the implementation strategies.
3) Advocate with local partners on issues relating to children and women and ensure resource allocations and policy applications are child sensitive and rights-based at the local levels. Assist in the development of new approaches and practices in managing implementation and in monitoring and evaluation.
4) Ensure inter-sectoral collaboration at field level as appropriate. Facilitate development of a strategy for the field office on media and external relations and communication for behaviour and social change.
5) Manage and coordinate the operations of the field office. Enforce staff safety and security procedures within the field office jurisdiction. Coordinate with operations/supply staff on supply and non-supply assistance related activities. Prepare field office operational budget. Undertake assessment of risks and establish risk mitigating measures. Approve disbursement of funds and ensure proper utilization as per accountabilities and established plan of actions.
6) Guide, supervise and manage the performance of staff. Provide on the job coaching. Ensure their training and staff development need are addressed.
Required Qualifications: Advanced degree in social science or other technically related fields.
Experience: 5 years of progressively responsible experience at national and international levels in Programme Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Policy or in related fields.
Language: Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of local language of duty station is desirable.
- Knowledge of Government of Kenya planning and budgeting systems;
- Disaster Risk Reduction strategies and social budgeting methodologies;
- Strong analytical, planning, negotiation, communications, and advocacy skills;
- Strong supervisory and managerial skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in hardship duty stations.
Interested and suitable candidates should ensure they forward their applications (Download P11 Form Here) along with their curricula vitae (internal candidates should attach copies of their last two Performance Evaluation Reports), to:
The Human Resources Specialist
UNICEF Kenya Country Office
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Reference No. “KCO/EMERG/2011-33” in the email subject.
“Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply”
Zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment