Posts Tagged “un security jobs in kenya”
Cateress Jobs at African Development & Emergency Organization 2012
Job Title: Cateress
The African Development & Emergency Organization (ADEO) is an NGO with operations in the Horn of Africa. ADEO is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for various vacant posts.
Responsible to: Human Resource/Admin Assistant
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
Overall responsible for managing staff living quarters and the whole compound
planning menus in consultation with the staff welfare committee
guiding kitchen staff in meals preparation
Attend to all kitchen duties including stock taking, ordering, receiving kitchen supplies
Ensure that food is stored, prepared and secured hygienically and safely
Assist in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in staff quarters, kitchen, and related areas ensuring health and safety regulations are strictly observed;
Maintain proper payment and expense records
Attend to staff grievances regarding food or service
Supervise the provision of kitchenware, cutlery, crockery and cleaning detergents
Oversee the management of accommodation facilities, e.g. maintenance and cleaning staff accommodation rooms, booking staff on mission or visitors, preparing visitors invoice, maintaining compound flowers etc.
Make assessment to identify the needs of the kitchen, dinning so as to ensure equipment adequate to meet the staff needs and visitors are sourced and procured
Arranging accommodation for staff on mission either within the compound or in partner NGOs compounds
Maintaining good relationship with all staff and related organizations.
Diploma in hospitality/catering/food and beverage management from a recognized institution.
3 years hands on experience
28 years and above
Good organizational and management skills
Ability to work for long hours and under pressure
Innovative and self driven.
good public relations skills
The position is in a refugee camp in the North Eastern Province of Kenya.
The climate is harsh (semi-arid) and area prone to banditry.
This is a non family duty station
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please send a cover letter and CV (letter and Cv Should be in one document) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2012 with the subject of the email bearing the job you are applying for.
Head of Human Resources Job in Mombasa Kenya 2012
Position: Senior Manager – HR
Company Profile: One of the largest manufacturers of high quality edible vegetable oils & fats, margarine, and laundry & toilet soaps in the East and Central African region.
Scope: The Head of Human resources will be responsible for overseeing HR functions for the whole organisation
Main Purpose of the Job
The main role of HR Department Head is to direct and manage all areas of human resource management functions to include compensation management; recruitment and selection; internal and external human relations; policy development and interpretation; training and development; workers’ compensation; benefits administration; human resource strategic planning and organizational development.
- Overlook and supervise all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, and training and development.
- Supervise and manage the recruitment process: Interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications.
- Develop and maintain relationship with employment agencies, universities and other recruitment sources.
- Prepare and maintain company salary structure, job documentation, and job evaluation systems. Complete salary survey questionnaires.
- Design and conduct new employee orientations.
- Design and implement appraisal and evaluation systems.
- Manage administration of benefits to employees; serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Gain updated information on labor laws in order to resolve labor relation issues.
- Recommend and develop training and development courses.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Recommend, develop and maintain human resource data bases, computer software systems, and manual filing systems.
- Develop and recommend HR operating policy and procedural improvements
- Effective execution of strategy determined by management.
- Work with/and manage teams to deliver solutions through effective implementation of HR operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure excellent relations with management and employees.
- Drive and ensure delivery of projects with predefined timelines and budget.
- Ensure the optimisation of HR management processes in conjunction with adjacent logistical company processes in order to maximize operational efficiencies.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of implemented HR policies and procedures.
- Measure the cost and service effectiveness against predetermined benchmarks.
- Ensure complete understanding of Company practices and knowledge of external industry best practices with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Work with management team to enhance overall business strategic direction.
- Proven skills in Human Resource management.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a staff team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to cope with conflict, stress and crisis situations.
- Effective problem-solving and mediation skills.
- Excellent analytical, planning, management and reporting skills.
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning.
- Ability to effectively evaluate current HR practices and procedures and make recommendations for changes.
- Ability to creatively execute against the strategy and drive results; can originate and invent new ways to maximize operational efficiency.
- Effective decision-making skills; can choose a course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk.
- Effective change management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage productivity and staff strategically.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Must be autonomous, hands-on, and proactive.
- Must possess unquestionable ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management required
- Master’s in Business Administration with HR Option preferred
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) an added advantage
- IT knowledge required
- Experience in an FMCG company preferable
- Must have experience of handling 5+ business with HR Managers in each business (Group shared services model)
- Should have experience in handling 500 – 2,000 employees
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Accounting Jobs Vacancy in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Job Title: Financial Accountant
• A leading company has a vacancy for a Financial Accountant
• Excellent Excel and general computer skills. • Own car and laptop provided • Team player, ability to work independently, positive attitude, good communication skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure. • Competence in analytical thinking and Questioning, as well as problem solving skills
• The prospect to grow and learn, as well as exposure to a wide variety of accounting skills • A pleasant environment with focus on learning. • Competence in analytical thinking and Questioning, as well as problem solving skills • Good conversational and professional English skills • Full Financial Accounts functions
Salary • Market Related Salary
Area • Nairobi
How to Apply
To Apply, Go to www.qualityjobs.co.za/kenya/ and Enter Reference Number 3576