Posts Tagged “un jobs in kenya 2012”
TechnoServe Dairy Value Chain Technical Director Job in Kenya 2012
- Lead Dairy Value Chain Strengthening activities.
- Provide leadership in value chain development, analysis and improve linkages among actors
- Facilitate market-led and private sector-led initiatives which lead to; improved dairy productivity, increased access to services for smallholder farmers and actors, improved enabling environment, increased adoption of technology, and increased household incomes and nutrition.
- Lead the strengthening and capacity building of smallholder enterprises/associations/local organizations to ensure sustainable development of the dairy value chain.
- Initiate and strengthen dairy private public partnerships (PPPs)
- Play a lead role interacting with key implementing actors, government and other development partners.
- Master’s Degree in a field relevant to agricultural development such as: agricultural economics, marketing, agribusiness management or related fields.
- 10 years’ international/regional experience with successful value chain development projects in the technical area of management responsibility.
- 10 years’ experience on projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Demonstrated success in implementing projects aimed at increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chains using facilitation approaches.
- Strong background in gender integration and women empowerment.
- Market linkage experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English.
Sales Executive Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
Reporting To : Sales Manager
- Achieve set sales target continuously
- Research, Identify and secure new clients or marketing opportunities from the assigned region
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Maintain all clients through proactive communication with the client and ensuring that all queries, complains are promptly attended to
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential customers
- Making quotations to potential customers and ensuring Accounts are paid or settled on time and in full by the existing customers
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly sales activities and or visits and presenting them to the project manager or Sales manager .
- Give daily reports and weekly progress to the project manager and human resource manager
- Analyzing the market environment i.e. analyzing other competitor’s prices, the amount of demand and supply in the market.
- Giving feedback to the management and advising accordingly.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
- A minimum of degree level in marketing field.
- Over 3-5 years experience as sales person in motor vehicle industry is a requirement.
- Proven truck record as sales executive.
- Aged 28 years and above
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
- Should have good knowledge of motor vehicle market in Kenya and its region.
On or before 5th May 2012 only qualified candidates are advised to apply, on the subject line indicate Sales Executive.
Executive Office Administrator Job in Nairobi Kenya april 2012
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling telephone calls and enquires effectively
- Drafting, typing, proof reading contract documents
- Setting up calendar of appointments and following through to confirmation of attendees
- Preparing performance progress reports
- Maintaining effective filing system for storage and retrieval of information
- Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of office
- Organizing travelling logistics for office staff
- Following up correspondence and reports
- Preparing minutes and disseminating
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents including classified materials
- Managing visitors visiting the office
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Degree from a recognized institution
- Should be Ms Office compliant
- Two (2) years working experience in a similar position
- Must be self-driven, confident and highly organised
- Must have the capacity to maintain high integrity
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize duties and work under minimal supervision.
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials and this point.
The closing date for submitting applications is Tuesday, 10th April 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Manager Jobs at Lifecare International Insurance Brokers LTD kenya 2012
Job Title:Relationship Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of Relationship Manager is to build and manage the relationships with the Lifecare’s existing and new clients both Individual and Corporate. The role includes ensuring that the client’s expectations are met by delivering the promises made and managing all aspects of client servicing before and after the policy is sold or an agreement is made.
Reporting to Head of Client Services Dept
Responsible for meeting the set retention rate of the portfolio allotted
Responsible to ensure that the profitability of the assigned Travel Agents is maintained and increased over a defined period of time
Responsible to ensure that customer individual / Corporate complains of critical nature are within the defined limits
Responsible to ensure critical errors in terms of the deliverables to clients are minimum and within the defined parameters and benchmarks.
Responsible for meeting the set Sales targets
Responsible to ensure that all queries via Phone / E-mail / Walk INs and / or any other means o, is answered and the client’s issues, queries are resolved as per the defined benchmarks.
Provides effective and efficient Quotations to the clients meeting their specific requirements
Responsible for coordinating with Travel Insurance providers to meet client requirements
Responsible to liaise with the Travel Agents on regular basis, for Training , Understanding their concerns , resolving issues and mapping performance
Responsible to address client – Individual, corporate, Agents complaints and proactively deal with them on timely basis
Conduct presentations to the clients, Conduct Trainings on the Policy details and software usage on regular basis
Visit clients as per the need of business
Attend to walk in clients
Self Learning &Development
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the insurance industry/practices and the business community in the Kenya
Be fully committed and dedicated to personal development and growth, working toward the achievement of performance targets on agreed periodic basis.
Attend trainings programmes as directed by the immediate manager.
Generate Weekly/ monthly/Quarterly /Annual performance report within the specified area of operations
Responsible for Capturing and updating details concerning clients as per the assigned individuals in Gold mine as per the set benchmarks and processes
Responsible for updating weekly reports consistently
Interpret data in logical manner, provide conclusive information to the customers both internal and external to enable effective decision making.
Use only the hardware and software systems as provided by the company for all communications, information and data storage purposes
Ensure client database is updated in a timely manner and is correct and up to date as per the defined processes and internal benchmarks
Ensure Quality standards set are adequately followed within the area of operations under your profile.
Extend and participate in the pursuit of all new business securing activities as directed by the manager or the management of Lifecare.
Build and maintain cohesive relations with other departments and colleagues of Lifecare International
Support and encourage team spirit within Lifecare by skills, experience and knowledge sharing
Confidentiality & Ethics
Ensure full compliance with the companies third party non solicitation policy which prohibits the earning of fees through third party channels not connected with the company
Protection of the company at all times in relation to database, IP, secrets and strategy, sensitive information which may not be discussed with anyone outside of the company
Ensure all sensitive client information remains confidential
Ensure unethical ways and means of other team members are appropriately reported to the concerned personnel
Graduate, with experience in Insurance, Banking, Hospitality, Travel and Tourism. Minimum COP (Certificate of Proficiency) Insurance qualification.
2-3 years of minimum experience in Client servicing, and Sales. Insurance experience will be an added advantage.
Ability to Speak Fluent English and read and write English proficiently.
Job Knowledge Requirement
Knowledge for effective use of Microsoft Office package -Word, Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of advanced features of Excel like Statistical Analysis, Pivot Tables etc. preferable.
Passionate and driven
Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
Ability to analyze and understand things by ensuring attention to details is given.
Ability to handle stress and pressure
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to understand things form different prospective and should be a good listener
Excellent Public Speaking Skills are a must
Should be a good negotiator
Should possess training skills
Should be flexible and willing to travel
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to send their applications & detailed CV (Strictly Email only) indicating current salary and benefit history with 3 references including current employer, copies of certificates and any other testimonials on or Before 23rd March, 2012 to:
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
ATPS Research, Training and Communications Leader Job in Kenya 2012
The African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) is a leading regional multi-disciplinary network of researchers, practitioners and policy makers that promotes science, technology and innovation (STI) policy research, dialogue and practice, for African Development.
Its mission is to improve the quality of science, technology, and innovation research, policy and practice for sustainable development in Africa. ATPS works primarily through its National Chapters in at least 27 African countries, and with a chapter in the UK and the US to represent the African Diaspora.
ATPS supports science, technology and innovation capacity building for African development through knowledge generation; knowledge brokerage; knowledge dissemination & outreach;
and knowledge valorisation.
Its research and training efforts focuses on building a culture of innovation to address topical and emerging development challenges in the continent including climate change, health care delivery, integrated management of environmental infrastructure including land, water, and biodiversity, etc for sustainable ecosystem services, community livelihoods, and poverty alleviation.
ATPS also supports thematic and facilitative programs to broker the socialization of science and technology in Africa through democratic governance of knowledge and technology sharing and the up scaling and down scaling of indigenous and emerging technologies (biotechnology, ICTs, nanotechnologies, etc) to facilitate equitable partnerships within the continent and beyond.
For more details about ATPS, please visit our website at www.atpsnet.org.
ATPS is seeking to recruit a dynamic trans-disciplinary individual to fill an international position of Research Training and Communications Leader to be based at its Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Executive Director, he/she will be responsible for intellectual and administrative leadership to the development and implementation of research, communication and dissemination programs, capacity building and policy advocacy programmes.
He/She will also contribute to the development and implementation of communication channels that underpin the research priorities of ATPS
Major responsibilities will include:
- Implementing engagement and communications programmes for internal and external stakeholder groups;
- Generating and translating new concepts and research ideas into projects and/or programmes;
- Developing proposals and raising funds for the implementation of projects and/or programmes;
- Managing the grants process and the regional research programmes;
- Managing the publication of research outputs into various publications and assist identify during proposal development various outputs that would come out of the new projects using specific timelines;
- Developing and implementing strategies for promoting the work of the network; and particularly establishing dynamic policy outreach and advocacy processes with National Chapters;
- Collaborating and liaising with national chapters (now in 23 countries) in the development, planning and reporting of chapter activities and projects;
- Initiating and coordinating training activities with partner institutions for various stakeholders;
- Liaising with the national coordinators and researchers on administrative and non-technical issues;
- Ensuring that the relevant information on issues on science and technology in Africa is disseminated to network members;
- Overseeing coordination of conferences, seminars and workshops and representing the Executive Director at workshops and meetings;
- Ensuring that results of all ATPS research meet international standards by organizing and managing appropriate peer review mechanisms; in liaison with the Executive Director ;
- Advising on, coordinating and managing the translation and dissemination of technical information to meet the needs of specific audiences;
- Overseeing the coordination of capacity building workshops and related activities to strengthen the capacity of ATPS National Chapters and other constituents;
- Ensuring efficient and effective collaboration with ATPS international, regional and national partners; Building Africa’s Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Capacity Today for Sustainable African Development Tomorrow.
- Developing and strengthening collaboration with the private sector and civil society including the media;
- Publishing at least three techno-policy briefs each year;
- Managing individual and institutional grant and consultancy contracts and oversee development of an electronic grants management system;
- Managing the preparation of work and budget for research projects, communication and outreach activities;
- Managing the quality and delivery of all communications outputs to ensure that they meet the highest international editorial standards;
- Representing the Executive Director during meetings with donors , conferences and various forums to promote work of the network;
- Assisting the Executive Director by organising and managing appropriate peer review mechanisms on all ATPS research results;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- An African professional;
- A doctorate degree in Science, Technology and Innovation or related subjects including natural or social sciences, or equivalent expertise;
- At least four years experience in research/research management in science and technology policy;
- Demonstrate capacity and ability to fundraise and manage knowledge networks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player ;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience in STI policy analysis in Africa will be an advantage ;
- Proficiency in French will be a major advantage.
The vacancy is expected to be filled by 01 May 2012 but will be left open until a suitable candidate is found.
A competitive international salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful applicant.
The initial contract period will be for 2 years, renewable based on performance.
Qualified candidates should send a detailed letter of interest and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 15 April 2012.
The Executive Director
African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS)
3rd Floor, The Chancery Building, Valley Road
P.O. Box 10081 00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya
Sirikwa Hotel Jobs in Eldoret Kenya 2012
◊ Front Office
◊ F&B Service
◊ F&B Production
(Internal and external applications are invited).
Qualifications & Skills
- A degree in Hospitality Management and /or Diploma, Certificate in Hotel Management/ Catering and Accommodation from recognized institutions and Kenya Utalii College is an added advantage.
- University Degree in Commerce/Finance/Accounting or CPA (K) is an added advantage (for Accounts Dept)
- At least 3 years experience in the hospitality or related service industry.
- Computer literate specifically Ms Office
- Be able to increase the existing market share
- Be innovative and highly organized
- Be customer satisfaction oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work with Minimal supervision
Competitive package will be offered to the most qualified candidate
If you meet the above qualifications, send your application, CV and copies of certificates and testimonials by 24th January, 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants are invited to apply to:
Sirikwa Eldoret Hotel ltd
P O Box 3361-30100
Graphic Design Intern and Web Developer / Designer Intern Jobs in Kenya 2012
Graphic Design Intern
This professional will perform all aspects of Graphics Design and Print Graphics.
Duties and Responsibilities
A qualified candidate will have the following responsibilities:-
- Design develop, and produce art work for a wide variety of marketing materials
- Develop, design, and produce displays for meetings, presentations, trade shows, and other events
- Create illustrations and logos
- Perform photography work (graphic design, events, etc.) for publication in newsletters or inclusion in reports
- Monitor all stages of production to complete projects (design the work and incorporate others’ ideas)
- Coordinate all aspects of producing marketing materials
- Advice and consult with vendors (photo labs, photographers, printers, etc.)
- Assist in the planning and development of advertising/promotional campaigns/strategies
- Design and edit newsletters for internal and external use
- Use computerized graphic software to produce final product
- Work in conjunction with others to complete projects.
The incumbent will poses the following knowledge and expertise
- Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or 1 year of relevant work experience
- Must have a passion for graphics
- Must have exposure to design and print publishing.
- Should be experienced in photography and its technical elements
- Should be able to handle image editing and manipulation with ease
- Skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. CorelDraw will be a bonus.
- Good inter-personal & communication skills
- Must have high integrity
Primary purpose and function of the role
We are looking for a web designer/developer intern to work on the production process of dynamic and static websites.
Responsibilities include creative page layouts, content formatting, CSS creation, HTML files converted from Photoshop documents, design custom graphics, QA, and launch web projects within a team setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development process from design through completion
- Work hands on in the development of web applications (ActionScript/Flash/XML/CSS/HTML)
- To design websites that are visually effective and are easy to use
- Will spear head interned Ad campaigns to include E-newsletters, Emails, Banner Ads, Animations and special effects
- Will advice and recommend clients on web related concerns
- Knowledge and experience with SEO
- Will develop and manage the company website to suit the current trends and market needs
- Develop and manage the company’s intranet that will provide accurate and immediate source of information to all employees
- At least 1 year experience in developing and designing rich media websites
- Advanced experience in CSS and XML
- Advanced experience in Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Must have exposure to online marketing and design
- Strong organizational skills and Time management
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Must have high integrity
Qualified candidates should submit their portfolio and applications by email (Cover letters and CV’s as one document- not separate attachment) to:- email@example.com
Reservation Officer Job in Nakuru Kenya 2012
A Reservation Officer is urgently needed to be based in Nakuru
Preferred candidate: Female
Deadline: 20th January 2012
Salary gross of 50,000/- TO 70,000/-
Please send an up to date CV, stating your current salary, accompanied by at least 3 referee telephone numbers/email addresses to
Summit recruitment & Training,
Rhino House, Karen Road, Karen
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate in your email which position you are interested in.
IPA WASH Lab Coordinator Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Position: Lab Coordinator
Deadline to Apply: January 25, 2012 (applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
Start Date: February 2012
Location: Nairobi; with flexibility to travel
Eligibility: Position open to all nationalities; Kenyan nationals strongly encouraged apply
IPA’s WASH Benefits Project is a five year study to evaluate the health benefits of sanitation, hygiene, household water treatment and nutrition using a large-scale, randomized evaluation in Western Province.
In the first phase of the study, to commence in early 2012, WASH Benefits will work in 1,000 villages, conduct 10,000 baseline surveys, and deliver interventions to 10,000 households. The project will be based out of two satellite offices in Western Province. The principal investigators of WASH benefits are Michael Kremer and Clair Null.
IPA’s water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) benefits project seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Lab Coordinator.
The Lab Coordinator will manage sample collection, processing, and analysis of child stool, blood, and urine samples in Western Kenya in order to meet the project objectives to measure environmental enteropathy and parasite infections among young children.
The position offers an opportunity to gain first-hand field management experience in an organization undertaking cutting-edge development research. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with travel to Kakamega and other areas of Western Kenya.
The Lab Coordinator will work closely with the WASH benefits management team, academic researchers, and project collaborators at the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) and Moi University.
The Lab Coordinator position will be based at KEMRI’s headquarters in Nairobi.
- Develop and oversee implementation of field protocols to collect and process stool and blood samples
- Develop and oversee implementation of lab processing protocols, including:
- ELISA assays on venous blood serum to test for indicators of environmental enteropathy (gut inflammation and gut permeability).
- ELISA assays to test stool samples for markers of gut inflammation.
- ELISA assays to test stool samples for Giardia, Cryptosporidium, and E. histolytica
- Kato-Katz microscopy to test stool samples for hookworm, Trichuris, and Ascaris
- Managing lab technicians, including development and implementation of quality control and quality assurance procedures and checking and analyzing data
- Cleaning data and assisting in preliminary analysis
- Assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos
- Coordinating with local partners, including KEMRI and Moi University
- At least 3 years of biological laboratory experience
- Experience performing ELISA assays required
- Experience performing Kato-Katz microscopy preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, environmental health, or related fields.
- Experience living in a developing country is a strong plus
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English; fluency in Swahili is a strong plus
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- We are looking for a commitment period of 2 years for this position.
If you are interested in applying, please follow the instructions below:
Please send a cover letter, detailed CV (including daytime phone number and an email address), your scanned copy of certificates, and 3 professional references. All files should be submitted in pdf form with the file names LASTcover_letter.pdf, LASTNAME_CV.pdf, LASTNAME_certificate# (non-pdf format acceptable, replace # with 1, 2, 3, etc.), LASTNAME_references.pdf.
Applications can be submitted in person at our Busia office, by email to, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
or by mail to PO Box 373, Busia, 50400 Kenya.
If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “WASH Benefits Lab Coordinator” REF NO: WB-2012-01-01.”
All applicants will be considered for the Lab Coordinator position and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Lab Coordinator. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.
UNDP Amkeni WaKenya Thematic Resource Persons Consultancy Services for Individual Contractors jobs kenya 2012
Consultant: Short-Term Consultant (Individual Contractors)
Agency / Project Name: UNDP Kenya / Amkeni WaKenya Facility
1. General Background
Amkeni WaKenya is a UNDP led facility set up to promote democratic governance in Kenya. The name “Amkeni WaKenya” is inspired by the second stanza of the National Anthem that calls upon all Kenyans to arise and actively participate in nation building.
Amkeni WaKenya was established in July 2008, then known as the “Civil Society Democratic Governance Facility (CSDGF)” and works through Civil Society Organizations in the areas of democracy, human rights, governance reforms, and the integration of a rights based approach in social and economic reforms in Kenya.
Participating development partners include the Royal Netherlands Embassy (RNE), the Embassy of Sweden Embassy of Norway, the European Union and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
At the time of inception Amkeni WaKenya operated on the basis of three pillars, namely grant making, capacity building and learning & knowledge management; however these pillars have now been modified and are known as programme delivery methodologies.
AMKENI WAKENYA is thus seeking Thematic Resource Persons to facilitate trainings and drafting of research papers and training materials for Amkeni WaKenya partner CSOs with a view to addressing their gaps relating to thematic knowledge and competencies.
2. Objectives of the Assignment
To enhance thematic and technical knowledge and competencies of Amkeni WaKenya partner organizations in the areas of devolution, human rights, access to justice and electoral processes
3. The Task
AMKENI WAKENYA is seeking consultants to facilitate trainings and drafting of research papers and training materials for Amkeni WaKenya partner CSOs on devolution, human rights access to justice and electoral processes.
The consultants will work under the guidance of the Capacity Building Specialist and will be required to work with designated officers within Amkeni WaKenya Programme Management Unit (PMU).
4. Scope of Work and Responsibilities
The scope of work for this ToR shall include but not be limited to:
I. Participate in periodic or on-demand review of Amkeni WaKenya capacity assessment tools on thematic knowledge and competencies.
II. Undertake capacity assessments for CSO partners on varied aspects of thematic knowledge and competencies
III. As Resource Persons, facilitate capacity building interventions (training workshops, seminars and roundtable discussions) under guidance of the Capacity Building Specialist
IV. Write researched papers and training materials on thematic issues (some of which may be the subject of capacity building interventions).
V. Participate in reviews of capacity building interventions
VI. Draft training materials on thematic areas
VII. The Assignment will at times entail travel outside Nairobi at short notice
- The Consultants shall deliver capacity intervention reports (for capacity building activities assigned to them).
- Submission of concept papers, research papers and training materials as may be required
- Successful delivery of capacity interventions using participatory methods; e.g. conducting a participatory training workshop, seminar or roundtable and providing training materials as well.
- Submission of quality reports documenting the interventions.
- Submission of quality draft training materials
The Consultants shall be reporting to the Capacity Building Specialist in Amkeni WaKenya Facility.
7. Duration of Assignment, Duty Station and Expected Places of Travel
The Consultants will be contracted up to December 5th 2012. Some travel outside Nairobi might be required during the duration of the assignment.
8. Consultant Presence Required on Duty Station/UNDP Premises
Consultants will work from Amkeni WaKenya or any other location as may be called upon
9. Qualifications, Skills & Experience
The Consultants selected will have the following expertise:
- Minimum – Masters University Degree in Arts, Law, Human Rights or equivalent
- S/he should have 4 years’ experience of institutional capacity development interventions targeting civil society organizations in Kenya or in East African Region, in either or combination of the following thematic areas; devolution, human rights, access to justice and/or electoral processes
- Good knowledge of civil society organizations in the democratic governance sector in Kenya or East Africa
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Excellent track record in academic writing and publications
- Experience in undertaking similar assignments in Kenya
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
10. Application Procedure
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications with the subject clearly marked as follows: Amkeni WaKenya- Thematic Resource Persons
Please complete a current P11 form, CVs (3 pages Maximum per CV) containing a comprehensive profile of similar or comparable consultancies and referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 20thJanuary 2012.
The full Terms of Reference (TOR) and requirements can be viewed by visiting the UNDP website:
www.ke.undp.org/index.php/procurements and the Amkeni WaKenya website: