Posts Tagged “sudan jobs 2012”
Provide administrative support to a department and/or Manager.
Duties include general clerical, receptionist and project based work.
Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors.
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a college diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Applications to be received by: 1st February 2012
Merlin (UK) Medical Superintendent and Medical Officer Jobs in South Sudan 2012
Location of Work: Pibor County, Jonglei State, Boma PHCC+ /Hospital
Line Manager: Senior Health Coordinator
Staff Directly Supervised: Hospital Technical and Administrative staff
Relationships Internally: Senior Health Coordinator/Facility Management Team, Merlin Boma Project Staff
Relationships Externally: County Health Department, Village Health Committee, Other INGOs, UN organizations (WFP, UNICEF, WHO)
Over all Objective of the position
The Medical superintendent will be based in Boma PHCC+/Hospital Pibor County and have overall responsibility for managing the facility in collaboration with the Senior Health Coordinator and Project Coordinator. He/she will ensure that the facility is managed according to MOH guidelines and Merlin Internal procedures.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for delivery of quality secondary and primary heath care at Boma PHCC+
- Oversee the work of medical staff to ensure that patients receive high-quality service
- Formulate internal procedures with which subordinates must comply when performing tasks.
- Participate in review of treatment protocols and ensure adherence at all levels in the facility with MOH standards
- Together with Senior Health Coordinator and Project Coordinator responsible for selection and recruitment of all hospital/facility personnel
- Supervise activities of the hospital administrator, the pharmacy technologist/technician, laboratory technician, nutrition officer and heads of departments
- Ensure medical waste management and infection control practices and protocols are adhered to in all departments.
- Conduct appraisal of subordinate staff directly supervised
- Overall responsibility for discipline of all facility staff
- Responsible for quantification of needs and ordering of all medical drugs and consumables
- Chair regular meetings of facility management and head of departments
- Ensure that monthly and weekly activity and administrative reports (including Epidemiological, DHIS, Reproductive Health and Nutrition) are submitted in a timely manner to the Senior Health coordinator, Country Health Director and County Health Department.
- Participate in data analysis and interpretation.
- Lead and participate in clinical activities including OPD consultations, ward rounds, and surgical interventions.
- Participate in conducting of needs assessments, studies and surveys.
- Together with Senior Health Coordinator organize capacity building sessions through mentoring, coaching, in-service trainings and CMEs.
- Participate in drawing work plans, preparation of project proposals and mid-term reviews with the aim of improving delivery of health care services in the catchment community.
- To carry out any other responsibility as assigned by immediate supervisor
- To be flexible as required
- To be accountable ,give feedback and information on any ongoing tasks as required by his/her supervisor(s)
- Qualified Medical Doctor with surgical skills with at least 5 years of post internship clinical and hospital management experience.
- Registered with Medical Council/Medical Board
- Experience working in Southern Sudan desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of a local language is an added advantage.
- Diplomatic with excellent communication and management skills
- Previous experience in staff supervision, coaching and training in hospital set up
- Previous experience in similar position –added advantage
- Ability to analyze and interpret health data and write concise reports
- Good computer skills-MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point Presentations.
Working With: Other hospital personnel (Matron, nurses, CHWs etc)
Location: Boma, Pibor County, Jonglei State
Over all Objective of the position
The Medical Officer will work alongside other medical staff to provide clinical care and support to patients admitted to Boma Hospital. S/he is expected to be capable of providing emergency surgical and obstetric care with minimal supervision.
The Medical Officer will also provide technical support to other medical staff ensuring that they are able to effectively provide curative, preventive and promotive health care services within Merlin’s target areas.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Examine, diagnose and treat patients according to the guidelines and available protocols
- Conduct surgical and obstetric operations with particular emphasis on emergency Obstetric Care (EmOC)
- Supervise health personnel under his/her management
- Together with In charges of wards, responsible for submitting requests for drugs and medical supplies to hospital medical store
- Together with In charges of hospital wards, responsible for ensuring appropriate patient care
- Actively participate and make contributions during Department / Ward staff meetings
- Participate in the preparation of monthly medical activity reports in the hospital for inclusion in the monthly Project situation report
- Participates in identification of hospital staff training needs and provides training of staff and other selected people as may be required
- Participates in the training of medical staff to ensure the maximum use of their skills and effective participation in medical activities. This will also include on-job training of other staff in clinical skills.
- Prepare for changing needs and emergencies
- Together with other project personnel, responsible for encouraging community participation in health activities to ensure effectiveness and sustainability of the programme
- Conducts additional duties requested by the line manager
- Qualified Medical Doctor with surgical and obstetric experience in working in a rural environment
- Excellent personnel management skills to enhance motivation, encouragement and participation of other health team members
- Understanding of the cultural and political environment and flexibility to cope with the human and material needs of the Project
- Ability to assess evolving health needs quickly and calmly work under pressure as required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, proficiency in spoken and written English, and experience in report writing
- Previous experience within a humanitarian aid organisation
- Previous experience working within the region of the Republic of South Sudan
- Excellent computer skills to allow reporting and communication
- Ability to remain calm and address issues diplomatically – with the local authorities, the community and fellow staff
- Good organisational skills, report writing and supervision of other staff
Closing date for receipt of applications will be 31st January 2012.
Applications should be sent to the following by e-mail: email@example.com and copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis.
Merlin South Sudan Programme is an equal opportunities employer.
MSF Belgium Flying Electrician Job in Juba South Sudan 2012
The selected candidate will be part of the Logistics department in Juba, South Sudan.
In close collaboration with the logistics team of the health structures ¡n the projects and Juba base, the Electrician shall ensures the adequacy, quality and safety of the electrical installations in all MSF facilities and will be under the supervision of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
Main Objectives of the Position:
- Make the necessary expertise to complete inventory of electrical installation in MSF-B South Sudan mission (offices, hospitals and health structures, houses…)
- Recommendation and execute critical rehabilitation tasks, and perform regular checks and identify potential problems
- Together with the Log project/base team establish project documents for completion and definitive conformed installations (plans, list of materials…)
- Identify local technical actors and organize their participation in the project – training of technical staff, relation with local companies, contractors and suppliers, quotations, contracts…
- Carry out the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation
- Improve the conditions of equipments, giving the sense of responsibility to users
- Ensure adequate (quantity and quality) supply of energy to the projects through different sources (city power, generators, solar panels,…)
- Organize the technical services in charge of electrical installations and equipments (technical teams, maintenance and reparation procedures, tooling and accessories, workshop, technical stock)
- Plan and supervise the electrical activities of the log helper in Juba and those in the field
- Coach / train MSF log team, focusing on the log helpers
- Manage, follow up the orders and supervise the stock of electrical material
- Support the mechanical team for the maintenance, repairs and the functioning of the generators
- Any other additional duties given by the supervisor in order to allow the project to function efficiently
- Trained electrician with experience in similar position
- Willingness to learn and understand MSF policies & procedures and from MSF technical referents.
- Able to speak English, Arabic would be an asset
- Flexible, Honest and Autonomous
- Ability to work in a team and with people of different cultural backgrounds
Qualified candidates are requested to send their application including letter of motivation, CV, Nationality ID, copy of diplomas & references and a mobile phone number, before 5pm on 6th January 2012 to:
The Human Resource Coordinator
MSF-Belgium, South Sudan Mission
P.O. Box 38897-00623, Nairobi
Email : email@example.com
ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all applications will remain the property of MSF-B.
Note : This position is open for South Sudanese Nationals. The successful candidate will be provided with the national employees salary package, which does not include accommodation.
MSF ¡s an equal opportunity employer