Posts Tagged “social work jobs in kenya”
Foundation Manager Job vacancy in Kenya june 2012
- Policy analysis for both Country and Government research and due diligence to enable decision makers prioritize issues.
- Mobilize partners and maintain strong working relationships with Government and other key stakeholders.
- Program management and delivery: Replicating and scaling up successful programs in one or multiple geographies and promoting the adoption of development and philanthropy practices,
- Develop and disseminate data/ evidence based on best practice by encouraging adoption and adaption and using evidence to support policy changes.
- Optimize funding and resources by prioritizing global donor funding, establishing national budgets and driving value for money.
- Advocacy- influencing through strategic communication to key national and global audiences.
- Convening- bringing together directly or indirectly key stakeholders to support change.
- Strategic partnership- Positioning the organization with a core set of key actors and institution and building alliances for impact.
- Utilizing data/ evidence- using proof of concept, feasibility and data to drive scale and impact if there is a data shortage or a need for new analysis.
- At least 10 years experience working at senior level with government and key development partners in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic thinking, analysis and due diligence.
- Solid policy, planning and program delivery experience.
- Knowledge of children’s health care issues
- Ability to network effectively across the philanthropy, government, NGOs and business space.
- Strong policy, communication, negotiating and analytical skills
- Strategic, methodical and highly rigorous professional approach. Comfortable analyzing disparate and even contradictory information. Adaptability and flexibility.
- Skilled at thinking independently whilst carefully considering and engaging colleagues’ points of view.
- Masters or advanced degree preferred in a related field.
- Proficiency in reading and writing. French is a plus.
Graphic Designer Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
- Conceptualizing and creating graphics design for existing range of products.
- Electronically designing and preparing art and copy layouts for material to be screen printed or digitally imaged based on job requirements, customer specifications, and other related job information
- Graphic design related course from a reputable College Of Art, etc.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, CorelDraw, Adobe, Illustration.
- Sense of color and attention to details, understanding of type and typography are a must.
- A thinker, person with ideas, capable of crafting copy and master of language. Should have really great conceptualizing & linguistic skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong positive attitude
Kenya Forest Research Institute Jobs in Kenya 2012
Job title:Enterprise Manager Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a state corporation undertaking research in forestry and natural resources. KEFRI is ISO.14001:2004
Environment Management System certified.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop plans, strategies and mechanism to meet enterprise objectives and achieve expected profits operational and business results. * Assess priorities and maintain targeted work plans, including the development and implementation of the business plans. * Keep abreast with local and international policy initiatives in order to identify unmet needs and development opportunities. * Maintain appropriate financial and other enterprise records and reports. * Ensure that all enterprise products, services and activities are responsive to clients needs and are provided in ways that meet legal, statutory and best practice requirements. * Be responsible for training and development, deployment of staff in the Enterprise Unit in liaison with relevant offices. * Commercialize KEFRI’s innovations, services and products. Qualifications The successful candidate should be in possession of the following: * At least a Masters degree in Enterprise Development or Business Administration – specialized in entrepreneurship or marketing or related disciplines. * At least five years experience in a successful enterprise in either Public or Private sector. * Exhibit high relationship skills. * Be innovative and be able to come up with business solutions. * Be capable of building and maintaining a team spirit. * Excellent communication skills. * Be computer literate. The appointment will be on a Contract of three (3) years renewable through mutual consent. A gratuity would be paid at 31% of the basic salary at the end of the Contract. Attractive salary will be offered to the successful candidates. Other benefits include; house, medical, commuter and leave allowances, Group Life Insurance and Group Personal Accident (GPA) Insurance cover. Applicants should enclose copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, current remuneration package, names and addresses of three(3) referees, one of which should be the current employer. Those working in Civil Service and Parastatals should forward their application through their Heads of Departments.
Written applications should be sent to
The Director KEFRI
so as to reach not later than 8th May 2012.
Safaricom Power Utility Engineer Job in Kenya 2012
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Power Utility Engineer
Ref: TECHNICAL-PUE-FEB 2012
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Implementation & Power Support; the holder of the position will be responsible for power connection and dimensioning for BTS sites within Safaricom and KPLC specifications and Safaricom CAPEX Budget.
- Oversee commercial power contractors during installation and commissioning of KPLC power lines;
- Verification of site power connection costs to ensure conformity to contract and actual scope;
- Coordinate power dimensioning for existing BTS sites required in optimization and upgrade projects;
- Ensure timely application for commercial power and approval by KPLC;
- Acceptance of all completed power works to ensure they satisfy all Safaricom requirements, KPLC’s Technical specifications, and are done in accordance with KPLC code of practice;
- Database management and administration.
- Continuous evaluation on the performance of the power contractors.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineer with a bias in Power Systems;
- A minimum 2 years relevant experience in Electrical Power Installations, Switchgear, and Control systems part of which should be in power utility company;
- Electrical experience in a Telecommunications environment is an added advantage;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and report writing skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Wednesday, 7th March 2012.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to email@example.com
Google Internship 2012 For creative young minds. Apply now! 2012
Are you between 18 and 24 years old and have done something to make an impact in the world? Do you fancy the opportunity to come to the UK and meet some of the great minds of our time?
If so, apply by March 19 to Google ’s youth challenge , Zeitgeist Young Minds, by uploading a short video telling your story, what matters to you and how you’re making a positive impact on your world. We want to find the most exceptional and inspiring young people who are helping others through science, the arts, education, leadership or innovation.
Winners will meet the leaders attending 2012 Zeitgeist. Previous Zeitgeist speakers have included Archbishop Desmond Tutu, The Black Eyed Peas’ will.I.am, Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts, and Google CEO Larry Page.
Events agency Livity is managing the contest and will pick the winners. Zeitgeist Young Minds is open to all young people ages 18-24 who are residents of South Africa, Algeria, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Belgium, Egypt, Spain, France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Uganda, Holland, Poland, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Russia , Sweden, Tunisia, and Yemen.
How to apply:
To apply go to http://www.youtube.com/zeitgeistyoungminds/
Kilimo Trust Analysis and Planning Director Job Re-advertisement 2012
KT promotes regional solutions to local problems and has over six years of experience in programmes and projects designed to: strengthen agricultural value chains; build ‘investable entities’ of smallholders to enable them become key players in local, national, and regional markets; improve financial services for small and medium scale agricultural enterprises; and create avenues for scaling-up technical, policy, and institutional innovations.
The Trust undertakes two types of interlinked programmes:
a) “Thought Leadership”, through high level diagnostics and analysis to promote “regional thinking and actions” in the EAC with respect to food security and reduction of poverty.
b) Hands-on implementation of agricultural programmes and projects on behalf of, and/or in partnership with governments, international and regional organizations, and the private sector.
The Trust is recruiting a Director for Analysis & Planning to build and lead its “thought leadership” team consisting of: analysts in policy, investment, and agricultural markets; and experts in knowledge management, M&E, and product development.
Reporting to the CEO and based in Kampala, the Director will be working across all the EAC Member States + South Sudan.
The team will: design, commission and implement robust diagnostics and analysis – with the EAC as a “Unit of Analysis”, focussing on Making the EA Common Market Work better for food commodities/products and contribute fully to the reduction of poverty and elimination of hunger in the region.
Vacancy No. 2012-1
The Trust wishes to recruit a Director to take responsibility of leading its work in:
a) Diagnostics and Analysis of Opportunities and Constraints of major agricultural markets and relevant value chains, especially within the context of the East African Common Market;
b) Developing pro-active interventions and programmes designed to Make Markets Work for the Reduction of Poverty; and
c) Implementation of robust M&E and Impact Assessment of interventions, programs and projects implemented by KT.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director will have the following specific responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership in the designing, commissioning and implementing of robust diagnostics and analysis of market opportunities as well as constraints and failures in markets with respect to the reduction of poverty. This will include:
a) Unpacking the characteristics of the various value chains of key agricultural commodities, including the assessment of the chain actors, the value-addition, and flow of products and information through the chains.
b) Quantifying the profit incentives and/or disincentives for the success or failure of market systems.
c) Defining ways of improving systems as a basis for intervention by programs and projects.
2. Develop (in collaboration with the Director, M4P – implementation) scope of interventions targeting the identified market opportunities and constraints. This will involve the development of a comprehensive strategy for:
- engaging Kilimo Trust and others in removing critical constraints;
- building synergies and leveraging the efforts of others; and
- ensuring impacts at scale.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Individuals applying for this position will have:
- Advanced Degree (Masters or PhD) Qualification in Agricultural Economics with proven strong analytical skills.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience dealing with the analysis and development of Agricultural Value Chains, especially experience with M4P approaches.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning and the development and management of diagnostics-driven interventions.
- Knowledge and experience of making markets work for the reduction of poverty in the context of agriculture for development.
- A track record of publishing high caliber and influential reports that provide for thought leadership on critical and strategic issues.
- A presence, strong personality, proven team working skills and a results-orientated hands-on approach to work.
- Impeccable communication skills especially writing and presentation in English as well as working knowledge of French and/or Swahili.
Your application should include:
An up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant skills and experience (presented in relation to each of the Responsibilities and each of the experience areas listed above), the names and contacts of three referees, and a daytime contact telephone number;
Copies of five (5) of your recent publications; and
A statement and proof of current remuneration package.
Closing date: until suitable candidates are identified
Please apply to:
P O Box 6416, Nairobi GPO, 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Previous applicants need not re-apply