Posts Tagged “public health jobs in kenya 2012”
Resident Journalism Advisor Job in Kenya 2012
Under the direction of the Project Director based in Nairobi, the RJA is responsible for devising and implementing training workshops and mentoring programs for radio journalists and producers working at local stations in Central Somalia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Devise a comprehensive training and mentoring program in journalism and radio production skills for community-based recruits in Central Somalia .
- Carry out training-of-trainer workshops for senior journalists and production staff at our partner media organization in Nairobi
- Liaise with partner media organization on training, skills and production objectives.
- Devise a program of media skills and literacy events for local civil society organizations in Somalia and train implementers for these .
- Work with Project Director to develop monitoring and evaluation tools and report on progress of training and mentoring programs
- Experience designing and implementing radio journalism and production training programs, including training of trainers
- Computer literate and familiar with digital radio equipment and software
- Ability to assess trainees skills and devise evaluation processes for sustainable use beyond this assignment
- Mother-tongue standard fluency in written and spoken English.
- Somali language and/or knowledge of Somalia and its culture an advantage
Closing Date: 8th June 2012
Please visit Internews’ website to apply:
Save the Children Kenya March 2012 NGO Jobs in Nairobi
· works in more than 90 countries and has over 15,000 employees
You will be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and his / her immediate team on all finance related matters and contribute to the development of multi-year strategic and operational plans, and be accountable for ensuring and monitoring delivery against the financial plans through targeted financial analytical review and best-in-class forecasting
Qualifications and Experience
As a key member of the regional leadership team, you will take shared responsibility for the transformation of the region to a new operating model whilst also delivering Save the Children’s strategy within the region.
You will be the trusted partner of the Regional Director and his immediate team on all people related matters.
You will support and enable countries in the East Africa Region to meet International Programming Operating standards and manage and develop their people.
You will be accountable for the implementation strategy of the Global People Strategy within your Region.
Qualifications and Experience
For more information, please visit our website www.savethechildren.net.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Aga Khan University Nursing Job Vacancy 2012
The Advanced Nursing Studies Programme of the Aga Khan University (AKU) was developed in consultation with the Nursing Councils and the Ministries of Health of the governments of Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, to improve the clinical practices and leadership skills of nurses working in the region.
This programme is now growing into a School of Nursing and Midwifery and therefore we seek senior faculty members who will be instrumental in moving this agenda forward.
AKU invites applications for the following positions based in Nairobi, Kenya, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Kampala, Uganda:
Senior Faculty, Nursing
The incumbents will primarily be involved in teaching, research and practice in several of our programmes including undergraduate programmes.
They will also be expected to serve in the University’s academic committees and participate in multidisciplinary activities.
In addition, they will be responsible for quality assurance of all programmes, curriculum development and be actively involved in contributing to the nursing profession nationally, regionally and internationally.
Applicants should possess a doctorate degree in nursing or related field.
He/she should be registered with the Nursing Council of their respective countries, have at least five years of teaching experience in a senior faculty position at an institution of higher learning, demonstrate expertise in modern pedagogy and productivity, by commitment to research and publication, experience in academic acumen and ability to mentor junior faculty.
Please send your curriculum vitae; copies of academic qualifications; and copies of professional certificates to the
Regional Manager, Human Resources and Administration,
Aga Khan University – Advanced Nursing Studies Programme,
P.O. Box 39340 – 00623, Parklands,
by February 17th, 2012; email: email@example.com
For further details about the University or the position please visit www.aku.edu
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.