Posts Tagged “Procurement job”
The University has been conceived as a premier University ¡n the provision of innovative leadership and management solutions to industries and communities worldwide, with a mission to provide quality education for transformational leadership and excellence in management through innovation and creativity.
The University, which will admit its first students in January 2012 seeks to recruit suitable and dynamic candidates to fill the following positions:
Head of Corporate Affairs
The Head of Corporate Affairs Department is part of the Senior Management Team and will report directly to the Vice Chancellor.
He/she will be responsible for Public Relations, Branding, Marketing, Communication and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a corporate communication strategy and annual work plans.
- Implement the University’s brand strategy.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the university’s marketing strategy.
- Ensure the conducting of periodic research of the university’s products and programmes to generate information necessary for decision making.
- Formulate and implement a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and policies.
- Formulate and implement a strategy for promoting and enhancing a positive corporate image of the University and handle all protocol issues.
- Initiate, edit and coordinate corporate publications and the website.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with media including ensuring appropriate communication for use in the Media.
- A Bachelors degree from a recognised university in a business related field.
- A post graduate degree in any of the following: marketing or management, communication, Public relations, media studies or related field from a recognized University. A Diploma in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations will be an added advantage.
- Be a member of the Marketing Society of Kenya in good standing or any other relevant organisation.
- Computer literacy and efficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Packages
- Show evidence of relevant experience of not less than 10 years in Corporate Affairs or related department in a service environment, 3 of which should have been at senior management level.
- Experience ¡n academic institutions of higher learning operating in dynamic market environment will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate good understanding of the market environment and competitive strategies
- Strategic mindset and sense of corporate result focus.
- Be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in addition to, excellent research, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise, motivate, train, mentor and performance — manage staff.
- Be creative, outgoing, an accomplished relationship builder and a persuasive negotiator.
- Focused, high energy, able to multitask with ability to work irregular hours and under pressure to meet deadlines and achieve result.
- Mature, honest, trustworthy, with a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership for the University ICT development.
- Formulate an effective CT strategy and policy and standards for the University and monitor adherence to the same.
- Support E-learning across the university.
- Formulate and implement an effective ICT risk management strategy.
- Implement, manage, monitor and undertake periodic review of ICT policy and technical designs including disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- From time to time reengineer the existing business processes ¡n line with changes in the operating environment.
- Guide the procurement of hardware and software products for the university.
- Oversee support services and training to system users.
- Manage University ICT resources such as websites, intranet, local and wide area networks, data centre and telephony services.
- Coordinate licensing issues with software/hardware vendors.
- Plan, develop and implement the ICT budget, where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness and ensure operations meet approved budget levels;
- Research and advice on emerging technologies and trends in ICT that can benefit the university
- Promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations, coach, mentor and train new ICT support staff.
- Designing, installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems.
- Design and implement university wide information systems.
- A masters degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Information Technology, Engineering or related field. Those with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology, with over ten years experience in a busy ICT environment may also be considered.
- 10 years relevant experience with at least 5 years experience in a similar role
- MCSE or any other relevant industry certification in systems management
- CCNP, or a Certification in advanced Routing, Switching
- Understanding of systems development lifecycle
- Strategic mindset with ability to undertake and monitor long term planning
- Organizational skills including possessing solid project management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Advanced decision making and problem solving skills
- Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Ability to implement Enterprise wide Systems.
- Extensive experience in hardware and software support and management
- Experience in data centre management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up systems for quality assurance management ¡n the University.
- Setting quality assurance compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards relating to education, research and training.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation process.
- Establishing standards of service for customers or clients.
- Ensuring quality in the development of academic and research management programmes.
- Prepare and manage the departmental budget for resource allocation and control.
- Develop quality assurance standards and ensure compliance of all Academic departments in adherence to agreed dashboard.
- A holder of a PhD degree from a reputable and recognized University.
- Those with a masters degree ¡n Business or management related fields with over five years experience holding a similar position in an Institution of higher learning will also be considered.
- Additional qualification or experience in the management of curriculum development and research will be an added advantage.
- Applied knowledge of regulatory requirements, including ISO 9001.
- Have 10 years relevant experience in an institution of higher learning, 5 of which should be relevant to the duties of the new office.
- Demonstrated expertise in quality assurance systems in a regulated environment including application of quality tools
- Be conversant with governance and regulatory processes especially in institutions of higher learning.
- Demonstrated project management skills including excellent planning, organizational skills with good Information Communication Technology skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare concise oral presentations and written reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, interact effectively with management from other functions (internally and externally), and assume responsibility for achievement of quality, regulatory and compliance targets.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work, make effective decisions and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Periodic review and development of Procurement and disposal procedures to be in line with best practice.
- Ensure preparation of a comprehensive procurement plan for the University.
- Ensure that goods procured are of good quality, right price and adhere to the Procurement procedures and standards of the University.
- Ensure customer satisfaction including availability of quality goods and services ordered and prompt delivery of the same to users.
- Establish an efficient supply base through acceptable tendering and prequalification process for all goods and services used by the University.
- Ensure cost rationalization by carrying out price surveys to determine price trends to help in suppliers appraisal.
- Timely production of management reports to all budget holders.
- A Masters degree will be preferred. But those with Bachelors degree and adequate experience ¡n Procurement Management may also apply.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience ¡n a busy environment.
- Team player with good leadership skills, analytical skills and communication skills.
- Honest, trustworthiness, with a high degree of personal integrity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing human resources policies and procedures and managing day to day human resource administration.
- Maintaining up to date human resource information system.
- Facilitating recruitments, appointments, discipline, health and safety.
- Assisting with updating of policies and procedures, performance management, and staff training.
- Ensuring compliance with legal and statutory requirements.
- Benefits administration and effective coordination of service providers.
- Managing Community and staff events.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognised university. Those with a postgraduate diploma in Human Resource Management will have added advantage.
- Have worked ¡n a busy human resource department for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Computer literate and efficient ¡n the use of Microsoft Office Packages
- Be a team player and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, honest, trustworthy, with a high degree of personal integrity
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the efficient management of the calendar and appointment scheduling of the Vice Chancellor.
- Manage and coordinate the logistics for visitors.
- Set up meetings and take minutes for these meetings.
- Provide support towards organization of meetings with direct reports, various leadership meetings that are chaired by the Vice Chancellor.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for the Vice Chancellor.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information in electronic and paper form and must have the ability to extract, analyze, interpret and display the data as required.
- A University Degree in business or related field of study with qualifications in secretarial studies or a degree ¡n Arts and Social Sciences preferably in languages. Formal training ¡n secretarial studies will be added advantage.
- A minimum of three 3 years experience and competency ¡n professional administrative duties.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to identify problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages with experience in database management, spreadsheet software, and internet and email usage with extensive website knowledge.
How to apply
Interested candidates who satisfy the above requirements should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 15th December 2011.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer
Visit our website, www.mua.ac.ke for more information about MUA
The Vice Chancellor
The Management University of Africa
P.O. Box 29677 — 001 00, Nairobi