Posts Tagged “physiotherapy jobs kenya 2012”
Wärtsilä GM Service Sales & Marketing and Human Resources Manager Jobs in Kenya 2012
Wärtsilä enhances the business of its customers by providing them with complete lifecycle power solutions.
While creating better and environmentally compatible technologies, Wärtsilä focuses on the marine and energy markets with products and solutions as well as services.
Through innovative products and services, Wärtsilä sets out to be the most valued business partner of all its customers. This is achieved by the dedication of more than 17,000 professionals manning 160 Wärtsilä locations in 70 countries around the world.
Wartsila Eastern Africa Ltd wishes to recruit results driven and self motivated individuals to fill in the following positions (“GM Service Sales & Marketing” and “Human Resources Manager”) within our Management Team.
GM Service Sales & Marketing
Reporting to the Managing Director, the GM Service Sales & Marketing will be responsible for leading and managing the Sales Team into achieving the set budget according to the strategic goals set by the organization. This role covers the East African Region.
- Support sales activities and provide expert services for the sales team
- Generate customer specific solutions, specifications and quotations according to Sales needs
- Tender bid management (together with the Sales team)
- Evaluate inquiries and register/maintain opportunity information
- Configure products according to defined solutions
- Support Account Managers in sales meetings
- A degree holder in any business related studies particularly sales & marketing or its equivalent
- Additional qualification in mechanical, marine or electrical engineering will be an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge of Diesel Power Plant engines applications and their services as well as Diesel Power application in the Marine Industry (experience and knowledge of propulsion systems is a Pro)
- Minimum of 5 years leadership and managerial exposure
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Proactive, do’er, energetic
- Ability to regular travel
- Knowledge of SAP
- Team Player
- Good leadership as well as a Manager
- Good technical skills
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Human Resource Manager will be responsible and accountable for providing line mangers efficient human resource services, within a matrix reporting structure. This role covers the East African Region.
- Develop human resource for the Eastern Africa region in line with the corporate guidelines, creating regional harmonization for easy transfer of employees and incorporate local practices to keep the business competitive and able to attract, reward and retain talent
- Create effective processes that deliver HR services in the areas of recruitment, deployment, performance management, succession planning, employee engagement, learning and development, reward and employee relations efficiently and in a timely manner
- Create and execute forums to educate and equip the HR Officers and Line Managers in the organization’s human resource management policies, procedures and initiatives to enhance their competence as people managers
- Create strong working relationships with the Line Managers to plan and prioritize HR initiatives and ensure that the human resource functions remain aligned and supportive to the business objectives
- Ensure that HR policies in the entire operating region comply with legislative requirements and remain supportive to the organization’s changing business needs
- A degree holder with additional certification in Human Resources Management
- Minimum of 10 years experience in human resources management
- Minimum of 5 years team leadership/supervisory responsibility with the demonstrable ability to grow the skill and competence of the team, and monitor the quality of their work and service delivery
- Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Mature, confident with high level of drive and initiative
- Team player and service oriented
- Minimum supervision
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- High integrity
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet exciting challenges, please send your application via email not later than 20th January 2012 to:
Wartsila Eastern Africa Ltd,
Those who do not hear from us by 31st January 2012 should consider their application not successful
Nation Media Group Business Manager Job Vacancy 2012
We are seeking to recruit an experienced and self- motivated individual to the following position:
Job Ref: HR-BM-O1-12
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, electronics and digital media.
It attracts and serves unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda,Tanzania and Rwanda, and seeks to consolidate this position by recruiting a Business Manager for our Advertising Department.
The Business Manager will report to the Commercial Manager – Advertising.
He/She will be charged with the responsibility of planning, controlling and supervising the work of the sales executives to generate and meet agreed individual and team’s volume against set advertising sales annual revenue targets.
Key result areas will include:
- Planning, coordinating and managing a team of Business Executives who are expected to deliver agreed sales volumes and revenue;
- Motivating the sales team to deliver departmental objectives;
- Maintaining good client service and relations;
- Developing and implementing sales strategies and campaigns; and
- Maintaining and fostering business relationships with all clients of the company.
- Basic University Degree;
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing;
- At least 3 to 5 years working experience in a sales and marketing environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure for long and odd hours.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application and a detailed CV online to http://careers.nationmedia.com before 20th January 2012.
N/B:We shall only contact the shortlisted candidates.