Posts Tagged “nursing jobs 2012”
Project Director Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
Duration: Twelve (12) months, July 2012 – July 2013
Working in partnership with Star FM of Nairobi, Kenya, the Dadaab Humanitarian Information Service (HIS) project aims to address communication gaps between refugee populations and humanitarian organizations by providing essential life-saving information that informs, protects, empowers, facilitates dialogue and affects behavior change in the target audiences of camp residents.
The project will also assist the humanitarian sector to be more effective by enabling communities to better understand aid operations, access relief services and communicate with humanitarian agencies.
Scope of Work:
The Project Director (PD) will play a vital role in leading and managing the implementation of this 12-month groundbreaking project in the Dadaab camps, overseeing project staff and representing the project to all stakeholders.
- Providing general oversight of the Dadaab HIS project. This includes overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners; • Providing leadership and overall management of other project staff, including the Youth Radio Trainer (YRT), the Humanitarian Liaison Officer (HLO), and the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager;
- Support the YRT on the design, implementation and overseeing of all aspects of a regular training and mentoring program for local reporters and correspondents that will be part of the local radio station run by Star FM.
- Ensuring that all project deliverables are completed according to agreed timelines and budgets, including regular training and mentoring program for local reporters and correspondents, regular liaison with humanitarians, and robust monitoring and evaluation.
- Managing risk and security during the implementation of the program, including the development of contingency plans.
- Leading in liaison with donors and on all fundraising efforts on the ground, in coordination with HQ.
- Ensuring the program complies with all bureaucratic requirements, donor regulations, laws, and donor requirements, including local laws and requirements for local staff.
- Ensuring timely reporting of activities to HQ and effective collaboration with relevant Internews colleagues.
- Producing regular multimedia materials (i.e. blog posts, photos, podcast…) documenting the life of the project for external audiences, as required.
- Liaising with international/local media and promote Internews’ work, as required.
- Any other duties as required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English; knowledge of Swahili or Somali an asset.
- Extensive project management experience with the ability to deliver results to agreed timetables and budgets.
- While this is a PD position, the successful candidate will have extensive track record in supervising, designing, managing, and implementing training programs, preferably in broadcast and journalism skills.
- Fluency in use of digital field recording equipment, basic studio equipment and software, such as Adobe Audition and/or CoolEdit Pro.
- Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills to liaise authoritatively with figures from the local media, local government, humanitarian community, etc.
- Team-building skills and the ability to manage a diverse staff in a challenging and a highly fluid environment.
- Proven experience in donor liaison and fundraising.
- Good knowledge of the mandates and modalities of the international humanitarian sector including the UN cluster system and capacity.
- Experience working in relief operations in challenging environments, preferably in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the work place.
- Ability to adjust to shifting political circumstances and create programming accordingly.
- An understanding of the vision/mission, core values and objectives of Internews.
- Understanding of and passion for the area of communications with disaster-affected communities.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both written and oral.
- Psychological resilience and a sense of humor.
- Relevant university degree.
Over twenty years after the first Somali refugees fled the crisis that ousted President Siad Barre, more than 982,000 Somalis are now refugees in neighboring countries and some 1.5 million are internally displaced.
In August 2011, Internews led a joint assessment of the communication and information needs of refugees in the Dadaab camps that found that serious communication gaps between the humanitarian sector and refugees are increasing refugee suffering and putting lives at risk.
Internews is an international non-profit organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
Please visit Internews’ website to apply:
Maryland Global Initiatives Senior Technical Advisor Job in Kenya 2012
Senior Technical Advisor
Reporting To: Country Director
- As Senior Technical Advisor (STA) the primary responsibilities will include technical assistance/capacity building, management and ensuring the clinical strategy employed on the grant is technically sound.
- The STA will provide leadership to the clinical/technical team to ensure progress as per the annual work plan and objectives, develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders, and capacity-building.
- The STA will also conduct clinical mentorship and trainings on advanced clinical issues in HIV management and on clinical teaching methodologies, including training-of-trainers. He/she will take a lead in technical strategy development, program reviews, and drafting technical reports.
- In addition to this, represent the program at local, national, and international forums, and participate in technical meetings with MoH and stakeholders.
- Conduct training for both technical team staff as well as health facilities staff
- Conduct monitoring and supervision visits using project’s tools to health facilities
- Develop locality-specific strategies which is vested through country Medical Director
- Participating in dashboard reviews of project clinical outcomes and utilizing project data to prioritize medical interventions
- Assist in initiating and implementing innovative approaches to improve clinical outcomes
- Assist in drafting technical and periodic reports and submitting them on time.
- Participate in technical meetings with MOH and other stakeholders
- Make technical presentations to MOH and other stakeholders as directed by the Country Director
- Provide mentorship at health facilities as well as to site support staff
- Develop material for continuous medical education sessions for technical staff as well as health facility staff
- Update and communicate quarterly objectives to Country Director, Head Quarters (HQ) Component
- Leads and country management teams by development of quarterly Technical Assistance (TA) work plans
- Meet quarterly objectives through the development and implementation of work plans in conjunction with the Project Director
- Present relevant findings from Patient Level Outcomes (PLO) exercise to USG partners, MOH and
- any other relevant platform
- Maintain relationships with health facility staff and other relevant clinical and technical stakeholders
- National HIV committees
- PEPFAR implementing partners
- USG technical planners
- In coordination with Project Director and HQ International Program Management Team, develop annual Continuing Application documentation, budget, and scopes of work
- Participate in senior management meetings
- Chair specific meetings as directed by the Country Director
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBChB) and Masters of Medicine in Internal
- Medicine degree or equivalent (MMed – Internal Medicine or Paediatrics) from a recognized
- Registration as a Physician or Paediatrician with the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’
- Board with a valid practice license
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HIV service provision/management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Oversight experience
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Methodical and accurate, with an eye for detail
- Able to show good judgment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Planning and organizational skills
No phone calls please.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications should be submitted on or before 6th April, 2012 to:
The HR Manager,
Maryland Global Initiatives,
P.O. BOX 495-00606,
Documents to be included:
- a cover letter with the applicants current contact information,
- CV showing the names and contacts of three professional referees,
- testimonials and
- two recommendation letters.
NCCK Resort Technician, Jumuia Conference and Beach Resort, Kanamai jobs
Resort Technician, Jumuia Conference and Beach Resort, Kanamai (Ref: RT -JCBR)
Reporting to the Resort Manager, this position is responsible for maintenance and repairs of facilities and equipment at the Resort.
The position involves making recommendations to the Manager on operational issues related to maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or equivalent
- Government Trade Test Grade II
- 2 years experience in a similar position
- Must have knowledge of electrical and electronic systems
- Familiar with repairs, operations and maintenance of various equipment and machinery
- Flexibility and readiness to work long and odd hours
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form http://ncck.org/images/ncckfiles/ncck%20job%20application%20form.doc (click on the link to download), fill it out and send it via email to email@example.com before 6th April 2012 at 4.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Loans Assistant Job in Kenya 2012
- KCSE grade C or equivalent.
- Diploma in Cooperative Management.
- CPA qualification is an added advantage.
- Age: 23-35 years
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the Co-operative Sector.
- Computer proficient.
- Current and valid certificate of good conduct from the CID.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications accompanied by a detailed C.V. and copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials to reach the undersigned on or before 31st January, 2012.
P.O Box 49010 – 00100
Music and Expressive Arts Teacher Job in Kenya-Banda School
For April 2012 or with immediate effect The Banda, an IAPS school with small classes of friendly and motivated pupils, invites applications for the post below.
The Banda has an enviable reputation for academic, cultural and sporting excellence.
A Music and Expressive Arts Teacher
An enthusiastic, well-qualified and suitably experienced teacher is required to take responsibility for the teaching of music throughout the school.
A letter of application with CV, photograph and names, addresses and telephone numbers of two referees should be e-mailed or sent to the Headmaster by Friday 20th January.
The Banda School
P.O. Box 24722, Nairobi 00502, Kenya.
Weekly Boarding and Day 400
Farrago Tours & Safaris Jobs in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Graduate Management Trainees
Location: Mombasa, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-Time Pay: Ksh. 40,000 pm
Farrago Tours & Safaris was formed and registered in Kenya in June 2003. It is one of the leading up-coming Tours and Travel companies in the region. We have our head office in the city of Nairobi and a branch office in Mombasa and an Agent in the United Kingdom. Our personalised service has been the key to our success. Our carefully chosen, and experienced staff, drivers and guides share their knowledge with our clients because we believe that a safari should be not only enjoyable, but also a learning experience.
Farago Safaris is a leading and up coming tours and travel companies in the region. To consolidate and sustain the growth we need young and dynamic fresh university graduates to join our Graduate Management Trainee Programme to take challenging but rewarding functions in the company. The programme is designed to provide trainees with a unique and valuable experience to develop into future leadership roles within the Company. The trainees will get the opportunity to gain practical insight of the Tourism sector through on-the-job training, external training programmes, coaching and mentoring with the main aim of providing balanced training that will lead them to a rewarding career in the Company.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Kenyan Citizen
Qualification & qualities
•Fresh university graduates not above 30 years of age.
•Degree in — Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Arts, Sociology, Actuarial Science and/or other equivalents from a recognized university.
•Keen interest in developing a career in the Tourism industry
•Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
•Highest level of integrity and trust
How to Apply:
All applications to be sent through email to:
Please include your;
•Current place of employment or occupation
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31 January 2012
Graduate Internship Career Opportunities 2012-Kenya Good Neighbors
We wish to recruit interns whose main work is case management of sponsored children, collection and data entry of sponsored children’s information and assisting the project managers in providing service to target communities.
Minimum qualifications required
- Must be a committed Christian
- Bachelor of degree in Arts preferably in social work or its equivalent
- Have knowledge of Child rights and community development
- Computer literacy with a typing speed of at least 30 WPM
- Willing to work in slums and remote places
- Ability to cope with pressure and meet deadlines
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications, CV and relevant copies of certificates to email@example.com not later than 4th January 2012.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Monthly allowance will be offered and will be reviewed depending on individual performance.
Candidates with excellent performance will be absorbed.
P.O. Box 76327-00508
Heavy Commercial Vehicles Driver Trainer Employment Opportunity 2012
A large Haulage Company with an in-house Drivers’ Training Facility is looking for some 2-3 mature and well experienced Driver Trainers to enhance and supplement the growing demands of this position.
The candidates must be adult Males of over 35 yrs of age, have held similar positions in well established large Organisations for well over 5-7 years and be able to take on this position with immediate effect and minimal notice.
The Candidates must have very good knowledge of the Defensive Driving Courses (DDC) and be very familiar with the Smith System of Driving.
Additional knowledge in other training programs such as basics in First Aid, Product Handling, Fire Fighting, Industrial Safety, etc shall be considered more favourably.
Please send application with detailed Curriculum Vitae with a photograph and relevant supporting documents of experience including education testimonials to the below address on or before 21st January 2012
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100
Site Agent, Chief QA / QC Engineer, QA / AC Engineer and Junior Engineers Jobs in Mariakani, Mombasa Kenya 2012
We are a construction firm looking to recruit for the following positions for an upcoming site in Mariakani:
1. Site Agent
B.Sc. Civil Eng. with experience in building and construction general experience 10 yrs and Specific experience 5yrs.
2. Chief QA / QC Engineer
B.Sc. Civil Eng.with minimum of 10 years experience in managing quality assurance/control and inspection activities in large projects should have a minimum of 5 yrs supervisory experience in a reputed construction company in building/roads and bridges /infrastructure projects.
Exposure to international standards and codes and familiar with ISO requirements.
3. QA / AC Engineer
B.Sc.Civil Eng with a minimum of 5 years experience in managing quality assurance and inspection activities.
Exposure to international standards and codes and familiar with ISO requirements.
4. Junior Engineers
B.sc Civil engineering at least one year experience, high performer, highly organized and willing to learn in a versatile environment.
Send your application stating current salary package, updated CV and copies of testimonials by 11th January 2012 to:
P.O.Box 81788 – 80100
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IFC INVESTMENT OFFICER JOB IN NAIROBI KENYA 2012 – PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDS
INVESTMENT OFFICER – PRIVATE EQUITY FUNDS
Job #: 112507
Title: Investment Officer – Private Equity Funds
Job Stream: Investment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Close Date: 31-Jan-2012
Background / General description:
IFC seeks to appoint an Investment Officer to join its Nairobi team. The Investment Officer will work across Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions as required.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Undertake reviews of funds and investee companies and prepare supervision reports, including
portfolio performance analyses in comparison to relevant benchmarks;
• Track and monitor compliance of portfolio companies and propose courses of action in the eventof non-compliance;
• Analyze corporate financial data and other industry information to identify and monitor issues that may affect IFC s investments and recommend actions where necessary;
• Develop an understanding of the target countries in Africa, provide market intelligence, and develop strong business networks;
• Conduct market studies and help develop a pipeline of potential fund investments; perform research to determine the level of activity and attractiveness of valuations and returns of funds,
define future trends, and identify best of breed managers;
• Undertake due diligence of potential fund investments; participate in the structuring, negotiating and execution of deals;
• Prepare investment review materials and presentations to investment committees to obtain investment approval and negotiate fund documentation;
• Communicate IFC s strategy for funds and its rationale for engaging in specific transactions.
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• High professional integrity and sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners and businesses;
• Ability to think independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions;
• Ability to analyze complex structures and assist clients in financial structuring;
• High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn;
• Highly motivated and energetic, outstanding interpersonal skills, with a collegial and sharing work style; comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure; ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds; ability to work with people at all levels and demonstrate responsiveness and ability to work as part of a team;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; additional languages, particularly French, a plus;
• Minimum of five years relevant work experience, preferably in a private equity firm;
• Knowledge of the private equity market in emerging markets, as well as the critical success
factors for investing in private equity funds;
• Knowledge of and work experience in African financial markets;
• Ability and willingness to travel.
To apply, please click or copy the link below as your web address: