Posts Tagged “ngo jobs kenya 2013”
Save the Children Alternative Basic Education Project Coordinator Jobs career in Dadaab Kenya 2013
ABE: In 2011, an estimated 3.8 million people in Kenya were affected by drought, many living in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands (ASALS) and about 144,000 drought -affected Somalis (of which 60,000 were children) fled to Kenya’s Dadaab refugee camps.
Scope of Role:
Reports to: Education Programme Manager
Dimensions: Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since 1984, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners.
Staff directly reporting to this post: TBC
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Travel frequently to all implementation sites to liaise with staff, community leaders, local governments and beneficiaries to ensure continued participation and support for the project.
- Provide strategic guidance and technical support, supervision and leadership to implementation staff and partners;
- Work as part of a team to ensure quality programming
- Design programme learning and build staff capacity and confidence to provide quality programming for children and youth for early childhood development, basic primary education, and alternative youth education.
- Support and guide interventions to ensure quality, timely programme delivery
- Manage financial aspects of the program including budgets, expenditures and ensuring effective use of financial and human resources.
- Coordinate with the Finance Director and field grants officer to review financial performance analysis, ensure timely resolution of financial discrepancies and support preparation of financial projections as needed.
- Ensure compliance with donor agreements and relevant country legislature requirements
- Support in developing preparation of annual detailed implementation plans; monitor performance against work plan deadlines, ensure accurate data collection on performance indicators and support in the preparation of reports on achievements and results according to agreed timelines
- Collaborate and coordinate with other education stakeholders to ensure alignment with the Dadaab Education Strategy and effectiveness of programming, consult with relevant stakeholders including UNHCR and UNICEF
- Collaborate with national level relationships with MoE and the Ministry for Northern Kenya to develop strong commitments to the project success.
- Establish working relations with Northern Kenya Education Trust and the Nomadic Education Commission.
- Provide support in the identification and capacity support to MoE officials at the local level.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Degree in education with specialization in nomadic education, alternative basic education, education in refugee contexts or education in emergencies
- Ideal candidates will have at least three years’ work experience in development projects in post-emergency settings
- Minimum seven years senior project management field experience with proven donor reporting, compliance and grant management experience, and superior human resource management skills leading diverse teams in harsh environment.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, and ability to understand and bridge diverging communication styles and agendas in order to reach common goals
- Self-starter; able to act on initiative and work well as part of a team, builds strong collaboration with partners and other project staff
- Comfort interfacing with diverse stakeholders including Ministry of Education District level officials and project beneficiaries
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to get results under pressure; willingness to live and work in a remote and difficult environment
- Political and cultural sensitivity, awareness of gender issues, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy. Motivates others while identifying with mission of Save the Children
- Strong writing skills, including reports, proposal development, resource materials
- Superior financial management of large education program budgets
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required. Swahili preferred.
- Commitment to Save the Children values and willingness to abide by Child Safeguarding Policy.
The application period is now open and will close on Monday 31st December 2012 at 4.30 p.m.
To apply for a position, please send a short cover letter and CV to Kenya.firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for in the subject line.
An NGO Needs A Project Officer In Kenya 2012
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international federation of member organizations working in development through volunteers to fight poverty and disadvantage.
VSO Jitolee is a member of the VSO federation based in Nairobi with an East African regional mandate to promote volunteerism and recruit skilled professionals from Kenya and Uganda to serve as volunteers in VSO programmes in 37 countries in Africa, Asia, and the Pacific.
In addition, VSO Jitolee contributes to Kenya’s national development through international volunteers who work with local partners across the country. VSO Jitolee is an independent INGO registered in Kenya and governed by a local board.
VSO Jitolee is looking for a highly motivated Kenyan to lead the Strengthening Citizens’ Participation in Governance of Education (SCPGE) project.
This is a project funded through the Drivers of Accountability Programme (DAP) and will be implemented in 13 counties across Kenya . The project aims to ensure that Special Needs Education is mainstreamed into the New Education Policy and implementation framework.
The project seeks to strengthen the organizational capacity of community institutions to undertake advocacy and to demand accountability and responsiveness on Special Needs Education at school and county levels as well as to strengthen the capacity of Disabled Persons Organizations to engage in mainstreaming Special Needs Education into the New Education Policy and implementation framework.
As the project officer, you will be responsible for planning, implementation, financial management and monitoring and evaluation of the project.
You will work with the implementing partners to identify capacity gaps and develop appropriate interventions and provide technical assistance to Community Based Rehabilitation groups and Disabled Persons Organizations on comprehensive advocacy, program design and implementation.
You will provide support to the national and international volunteers within the project.
You will be a Bachelor’s degree holder preferably in the social sciences or development studies with further certification in project management. Your experience of project management will be critical to your success in planning and implementing the project.
Experience in monitoring and evaluation and advocacy at local and national levels within the Basic Education Sector is essential. Knowledge and experience in Disability and Education programming and Special Needs Education will be advantageous.
You will have excellent communication, leadership, negotiation and relationship-building skills.
If you find this a worthy career challenge, send your application – composed of a CV and an expression of interest of not more than two pages explaining why you meet the person specifications, and are the ideal candidate for the job.
Please include telephone and email contact.
Applications should be sent to:
The Human Resources Manager, VSO Jitolee:
Please quote the job reference number VSOJPO/ 03/12 on the email subject line.
Please include telephone and email contact and details of two referees (one of whom should be your current or most recent employer).
Due to anticipated interest in this post, only short-listed candidates will receive a response.
VSO, an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce and therefore welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
Application deadline 14th March 2012
Interviews 3rd Week March 2012
Expected Start Date (Subject to negotiation) 1st week of April 2012
Media Company Jobs in a Kenyan 2012
Position 1: Marketer
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced marketer with a proven track record.
- Be able to sell interesting yet unique products and services.
- Have the ability to make and execute brilliant marketing strategies.
- Be out going, confident and able to charm even the most intimidating of clients.
- Work well with a radical creative department.
- Have a degree in marketing/ communications from a reputable institution (A diploma supported by a tonne of experience might also do it).
The successful candidate will:
- Have a mouth watering portfolio.
- Be able perform magic using: Adobe Creative Suite.
- Be able to work hard and fast to meet deadlines.
- Be a team player who is able to learn, teach and inspire others.
- Have good communication skills and ability to present creative work to clients.
- Have a degree/ diploma in fine arts or graphic design.
- Experience in publication design / web design or motion graphics will be a huge advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a jaw dropping portfolio.
- Be able perform wonders using: Adobe Creative Suite
- Be able to work hard and fast to meet deadlines
- Be team player who is able to learn, teach and inspire others.
- Have good communication skills and ability to present complex work in a simple way.
- Have a degree/ diploma in fine arts or web design
- Experience in print design will be a huge advantage.
If you think you are THE ONE, send your CV and samples of your most radical work to email@example.com before 20th February 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.