Posts Tagged “legal jobs kenya 2012”
Human Resources for Health (HRH) Policy and Leadership Job in Kenya 2012
The HRH Policy and Leadership Advisor will provide assistance to the health sector leaders and managers at national level to review and align HRH policies in line with relevant devolution legislations and policies.
S/he will assist in documenting best practices in technical papers and in analyzing and adapting innovative tools and resources for use in Kenya and other developing country health sector leaders.
- In close collaboration with MOH and other key stakeholders, support the development of policies and guidelines related to identified aspects of HRH at the national and sub-national level.
- Develop and institutionalize sustainable HRH leadership programs, and provide technical assistance to MOH in articulating strategies and priorities for seamless transition to devolved county system.
- Develop new and/or improved strategies, tools, and interventions for improved human resources planning, availability, management, and productivity.
- In coordination with the Assistant Director for Organizational Development & HRH Policy, the Capacity Kenya Project team, build capacity in the central MOH and the sub-national level to strengthen their HRH management systems, especially systems such as recruitment, deployment, retention and motivation, work climate and performance management systems.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Organisational Development and HRH Policy to organize work teams for assigned activities, including preparing budgets, tracking expenditures, ensuring work proceeds according to plans and timelines and ensuring the quality of the deliverables.
- Contribute to activities and work teams as assigned.
- Advanced degree in social sciences, public administration, management, or public health.
- 5-7 years experience in HRH policy, strategic planning development and implementation.
- 5 years experience working in Kenya’s Health Sector.
- Experience in implementing and managing HRM systems and practices (e.g., planning, recruitment, retention, and performance management).
- Excellent analytical, planning, management, and communication skills are essential.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal, facilitation, relationship-building, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision under tight timelines, and ability to work collaboratively across technical teams.
- Excellent verbal and written English and Swahili.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
To apply for this position, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of our website at www.jobs-msh.icims.com.
If you cannot apply online or have difficulty doing so, please email an explanation of your problem to iRecruiterproblem@msh.org
Closing Date: 30 May 2012
Youth Volunteer Trainers Vacancies in Juja 2012
- Are you a youth living in Juja constituency?
- Are you passionate about young people and actively involved in youth activities where you live through the local Youth Village Bunge?
- Do you want to gain skills, tools and experience that can allow you to go into consultancy (self-employment), work with micro-finance and business development institutions or NGO’s involved in youth community savings programs?
FOCUS YIK (Youth Initiative Kenya) (based in Juja Constituency) with the support of Mercy Corps and through funding by USAID, is currently implementing the Yes Youth Can (YYC) Program in Central Province.
The program is designed to empower Kenya’s youth population through building the capacity of youth groups and organizations to engage with markets, governments and their immediate communities;
and to pursue their legitimate needs and interests more effectively in a way that builds positive inter-ethnic networks.
The program has an economic empowerment component which includes formation of Village Savings and Loans (VSL) groups for young people within Bunges.
We are looking for volunteer young women and men to be empowered as constituency-based VSL trainers to support this.
You will be helping youths in your constituency mobilize their own resources for domestic and business use as you develop your own competence in this field.
If your answer is yes to all the above questions and in addition you;
- Are available – Trainer should be a resident of the Constituency they intend to work in, be available to deliver trainings and support saving groups in their constituency.
- Have the right attitude – Trainers should enjoy working with youths and youth groups and play a supportive role as a model or mentor.
- Have the reach – Trainers should have access to and feel comfortable working in environments and places where Bunges operate within their constituencies.
- Are flexible – Youth are a diverse cohort and trainers should therefore be able to adapt their practice to meet various needs among different youth in the community.
- Are committed – Trainers should demonstrate a commitment to youths, youth empowerment, YYC goals and objectives.
- ‘O’ Level (KCSE) Certificate (Post-Secondary qualifications in business administration, economics and related specializations preferred though not necessary as a trainer as the successful candidates will be trained)
- At least 1 year experience working with or functioning in chamas, investment groups or table-banking groups.
- Membership with a local YYC Village Bunge.
- Proven arithmetic, organizational and planning skills.
Send your application and CV in confidence before 5:00pm Thursday the 26th March 2012 to:
Hand-delivered applications can be dropped off at our offices at FOCUS located at
Focus Resource Centre,
Along Ruiru Kiambu Road,
2 KM From Ruiru Town,
At Herushade Building
Please state the constituency and title of the job position on the subject-line. Female youths are especially encouraged to apply.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
MSF Switzerland, Somalia Mission Logistician Job Vacancy 2012
To support its humanitarian operations in Somalia
Project Location: Mogadishu (currently based in Nairobi but willing and ready to travel and/or relocate to Project location when need arises).
Start date: ASAP.
Type/Length of contract: 6 Months contract with possibility of extension.
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Technical & Logistics Coordinator.
The scope of responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
- Support the activities of the Project with the resources, procedures and tools defined with the T&L Coordinator, in order to facilitate achievement of the operational objectives:
- Oversee the implementation of and compliance with MSF logistics procedures, policies and management tools; when necessary, propose improvements.
- Responsible for logistical and medical supplies to the Project.
- Manage and monitor the logistics of the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the line manager and the technical adviser.
- Implement support activities (communications, electricity, transport) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, water & sanitation, etc.).
- Coordinate the work of all the logistics teams, supervise their training and carry out their evaluations.
A holder of a diploma or degree, with training in any given technical area (carpentry, electricity, IT, supply, or WATSAN), and with the following experience:
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of humanitarian logistics,
At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role in a humanitarian organization,
Relevant MSF experience is an asset.
Please send by email your Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter addressed to the HR Coordinator. Address: email@example.com
Deadline for Submission of application: 29th February 2012
Subject of email: “Application for Regional Logistician, Somalia”.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted
IT Sales Executive Job in Kenya 2012
Working within the sales team you will be responsible for building and developing a successful sales pipeline.
This is a new business role and you will be expected to generate leads by participating in a number of sales activities.
The Ideal candidate should have experience and proficiency in IT System workflow, system analysis and design skills.
- Provide high-level direct client contact with corporate clients.
- Cultivate relationships at the highest levels of top target market companies
- Provide executive level representation at high-stakes meetings with prospects, clients, and technology/channel partners.
- Provide accurate and timely Forecast’s and Funnel using the appropriate Sales Tools and Processes and maintain all relevant information about Customers, Prospects, Campaigns, and Leads.
- Drive revenue through long-term, high-dollar contacts.
- Develop new markets as needed by clients.
- Consult with clients on their IT and DMS needs and creative design solution to meet client needs
- Provide feedback to the rest of the organization on how to better satisfy client needs.
- Collect debt in allocated accounts.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Provide excellent customer experience to existing and new clients
- Degree or Higher national Diploma in Computer science
- The ability and desire to sell
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships at multiple levels to work cross organizationally toward solutions; excellent leadership and consensus building skills
- Excellent presentation Skills
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Confident and determined approach
- A high degree of self motivation and drive
- Previous sales experience through internship or past working experience with strong relationship building skills.
The applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Plan Project Officer (Livelihood) Job in Bondo Kenya 2012
This position reports to the Program Coordinator, Livelihood.
The job holder will be responsible for implementing Child Centered Community Development strategies in line with the Program Unit Long Term Plans Strategies.
- Timely and quality project implementation
- Deliver quality, timely and accurate project documents including project outlines and project completion reports
- Ensure availability of accurate and timely program management information using the corporate systems
- Implement enhanced capacity of children, communities and partners to take up active participation in program delivery and ownership of community development initiatives within the program unit
- Provide good linkages and relations between communities and key partners within the program unit
- Implement strengthened CBO capacity in development and resource mobilization
- Facilitate participation of children and youth in program forums
- Diploma in community development
- At least 2 years experience in an NGO at community level
- A bias in agronomy and/or animal production work experience
- Understanding of rights based approach to development and participatory development
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in gender integration in projects
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment
- Ability to work with communities at all levels
- Fluency in written and oral English and Kiswahili
- Team building and motivational skills
- Strong facilitating and influencing skills
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements for any of the above positions and would like to be a part of it in our commitment to children, please send a detailed and updated curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contacts of three professional references, including you current/latest line manager to jobs.plankenya@plan–international.org, to be received by latest 25th January 2012.
Your email should bear the job title of the position you are applying for as the subject.
You are invited to read more about Plan in our website www.plan-international.org.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 25 Jan 2012
Assistant Camp Manager Job in Maasai Mara 2012
- Checking on tents , supervising pitching , cleaning and breaking of camps.
- Supervising on all back end activities for smooth running of the camp.
- Handling of staff information and ensuring high staff morale, organizing staff in-house training and departmental meetings.
- Ensuring proper working of all camp equipment, daily room checks and camp performance of the daily basis and Keep an up to date record of all inventories by ensuring that the data on the same is properly entered in a data base.
- Making food orders based on number of guests and supervising all deliveries.
- Planning transport, procurement & logistics activities.
- Checking on licenses for all vehicles, generators, and coordinating construction works and maintenance of the same.
- Degree / Diploma in Business Management, Hotel Management or Tourism.
- Must have worked in a Camp for a minimum of 5 years in a remote environment.
- Good communication skills: interpersonal/oral and written
- Flexible, a team player and mature.
If you meet the above qualifications kindly send your CV only to email@example.com by 20th January 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For general information visit our website: www.metowe.com