Posts Tagged “latest jobs in kenya”
British High Commission Transport Manager Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
IRC Maternity Nurse Job vacancy in Hagadera, Kenya 2012
- Diagnosing, monitoring, and examining mothers during pregnancy and in labor.
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care.
- Providing full focused antenatal care, including counseling and screening tests in the hospital.
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referral to clinicians and other medical specialist.
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education for the mother, her partner and family members
- Responsible for the delivery of the mother, ensuring the safety of both the mother and child.
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death.
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labor, monitoring labor using the partograph and writing of nursing care plans.
- The clinical nurse will prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Ensure that the birth Registration of babies is carried out promptly before discharge of both mother and baby.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/requisition of all drugs and supplies.
- Conduct regular training session for refugee staff on basic nursing care/management of various ward cases and charting.
- Compile and submit monthly HIS reports.
- Arrange and submit daily ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Attend ward meeting and attend monthly hospital meetings.
- Maintain equipments in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Report any significant changes in operations to the head nurse.
- Carry out any other additional duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse (KRCHN)/ Kenya Registered Midwife. (KRM) and be registered by the nursing council.
- Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least one year experience working in a busy maternity unit and 1 year in general nursing.
- Life support Skills on obstetric and neonatal care.(ALSO/EMOC)
- Team player and cultural sensitivity is required.
- Ability to work in a hardship area. Previous experience in a Camp setting will be an added advantage
Pact Capacity Development Advisor Job in Kenya 2012
Partnerships: Partnerships deepen our impact and promote empowerment.
Results: Our work must transform lives and make them measurably better. How that change occurs is as important as the change itself. Pact envisions a world where those who are poor and marginalize exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future.
Purpose of the position
Umeme Plaza first floor
Naivasha Rd, off Ngong Rd
Tel +254.53.800.1803/6 P.O Box 35081-00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Head of Credit Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
Our client, a regional micro-finance institution seeks a well qualified, ambitious and aggressive person to fill the above position.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Purpose / Key Functional Outputs:
This newly created position in an ambitious high-growth Group of companies’ forms part of the executive leadership team in Eastern Africa and is responsible for the implementation of credit risk assessment methodologies and managing the company’s credit risk strategy.
The incumbent will support the executive leadership team in providing a comprehensive credit management service and decision-making tools throughout the Eastern Africa region.
The successful incumbent will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will ultimately be based in Nairobi
The incumbent will participate as a member in the company’s executive management committee.
The Head of Credit will be responsible for:
- Overall strategic and operational credit risk management in the company and supporting the executive team in formulating strategic and operational credit risk decisions;
- Developing the company’s credit risk strategy in accordance with the Group’s credit risk strategy and policy;
- Developing an effective operating platform for credit assessment and monitoring;
- Implementation of credit risk assessment methodologies, including credit scoring models and credit vetting criteria and processes and maintaining custodianship of all credit related data;
- Evaluating the actual performance of credit granted against expected performance and taking appropriate corrective action to minimize business risk;
- Monitoring of trends and forecasts in the macro-economic environment and the credit industry in which the company operates and proactively implementing strategies to minimize credit risk;
- Implementing pricing tools to manage product profitability, forecasting and stress testing and monitor product performance;
- Establishing and implementing pricing structures for new products and reviewing and monitoring established pricing guidelines;
- Facilitating credit risk operations, product testing and deployment and ensuring that business rules and products are compliant with approved credit policy;
- Executing portfolio stress testing;
- Translating credit data into value add management information at a strategic level and reporting to the executive committee and the Board the performance of the company’s credit portfolio;
- Facilitating and overseeing credit scoring and analytics and implementing credit risk scorecards in the company;
- Managing external stakeholder relations, including strategic relations with credit bureaus and credit risk service providers;
- Establishing consultative forums with internal stakeholders to obtain input and address operational credit risk strategy, product performance, business rules, pilot projects and new products;
- Providing functional leadership to the credit team and develop internal credit risk competencies and capacity.
- A degree in statistics, commerce, accounting or equivalent qualification.
- A post-graduate qualification and registration with a professional institution relating to credit risk or registration as a chartered accountant or equivalent professional registration.
- Positive track record of at least 8 years senior level credit risk management experience in a financial services or a banking environment.
- Expertise in in Microsoft Excel (Advanced proficiency level).
- Working experience in Microsoft SQL Server applications will be advantageous.
- Proven track record of project management experience at a senior level will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance and Risk Management will be advantageous.
- Willingness to regularly travel to Southern Africa and Eastern Africa to visit operations.
- Kenya citizenship or the ability to obtain a working permit for Kenya. Holding an Eastern African passport will be advantageous.
- Sound business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Self-starter / results orientated
- Analytical / statistical abilities
- Communication skills
- Change leadership ability
- Strong planning and organizing and project management ability
- Innovative / creative thinking
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of appointment and the experience of the successful candidate will be offered.
If you meet the above minimum requirements,kindly send us your application letter,cv including your present and expected salary to
Frank Management Consult Ltd
Argwings Kodhek Road,
Nyaku House,1st Floor,Hurlingham
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Senior Finance Officer Job Vacancy in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer
Supervisor: Finance Controller
Summary of the Job:
The Senior Finance Officer will be the financial focal person for Somalia. The Senior Finance officer’s responsibilities include general controllership, treasury and budget functions as well as staff management and training.
The position is based in Nairobi with travel to field sites. The position will be reporting to the Finance Controller.
To receive the full vacancy requirements on this position, interested candidates should send a blank email to IRCSomaliaJobs@rescue.org with the subject heading IRC Somalia – Senior Finance Officer.
Application deadline: April 29, 2012
IRC leading the way from harm to home
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
icipe Laboratory Manager and Biosafety Officer Job at Duduville Campus, Kasarani, Nairobi 2012
This is a national (local) position that offers two-year contracts that are renewable.
A competitive compensation package will be offered to the right candidate.
i. Overall duties
- Maintain the EID laboratory and ensure that good laboratory practices (GLP) are maintained.
- Maintain and update EID lab records including standard operating procedures (SOPs) and equipment maintenance and sample storage records.
- Establish, implement, maintain and lead a robust QA/QC and safety programme for all laboratory work.
- Ensure that the available laboratory space is utilised appropriately with full adherence to safety standards and regulations.
- Ensure that all laboratory personnel and students admitted to the laboratory are trained and qualified for the work at hand.
- Monitor the conduct of all laboratory staff and students (adherence to set lab safety, security and QA/QC procedures) and report to the lab director.
- Ensure that every laboratory personnel or student (anyone performing any work in the lab) receives annual training on lab safety, biosecurity and all lab SOPs and that such training is documented.
- Cross-train periodically with established regional and international laboratories’ SOP and QA/QC programmes to update such programmes where necessary in the laboratory.
- Delegate specific duties to lab personnel and students to ensure the accomplishment of all lab duties/responsibilities with respect to QA/QC and safety (e.g. equipment routine maintenance and cleaning, SOP writing and revision, etc.).
- Ensure that SOPs are developed for all procedures in all projects in the lab and are adhered to and filed in appropriate labs, maintained/updated as necessary.
- Put in place and manage the LIMs for microbial agent and specimen biobank/storage for ongoing and concluded projects, ensuring full adherence to biosafety and biosecurity.
- Ensure that all pieces of laboratory equipment are in good working order and are closely and continuously monitored according to the set equipment SOPs.
- Facilitate the timely procurement of necessary laboratory supplies.
- Manage the laboratory in the event of a disease epidemic or other public health emergency in consultation with relevant national programmes and ministries.
- Comply with any other necessary duties and responsibilities as instructed by the Lab Director and Director General.
- Advise on matters relating to biological safety to other laboratories at icipe.
- Provide support, as appropriate, to researchers and students.
- Masters level of education or comparable laboratory experience in biomedical sciences.
- Knowledge and experience with virological/microbiological procedures including serological, molecular and culture laboratory techniques with flexibility to adopt both standard and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory quality standards, biosafety and biosecurity.
- Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Good attitude and communication skills.
- Database computer skills.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with current remuneration package, and a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including telephone, e-mail and fax numbers), to:
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Water Pump Technician Job vacancies in Kenya 2012
They offer high quality products and services backed by experienced technical and management staff, they continue to play our part in building the growing water sector.
They stock some of the world leading brands in pumps, generators, engines, solar equipments and water supply and treatment.
A job vacancy has arisen for a water pump technician/mechanic.
The successful candidate must have relevant training and experience repairing and fixing water pumps.
They should also possess knowledge in electrical installations of the water pumps.
- verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- planning and organizing
- time management
- interpersonal skills
- customer-service orientation
- stress tolerance
Please indicate current or last salary.
AMACO Occupational Safety and Health Consultant Job Vacancy in Kenya 2012
Africa Merchant Assurance Company (AMACO) dealing with general insurance seeks to procure the services of an Occupational Safety and Health Consultant to carry out training to the Health and Safety committee members.
The consultant will be expected to provide Safety and Health training with respect to the OSH Act 2007.
1. Provide training to the OSHA committee in line with the OSH Act, 2007
2. Identify specific areas of occupational safety and health to be addressed by AMACO
1. Trained Occupational safety and health committee able to identify and propose action on OSHA issues.
2. Terms of reference for the committee members
3. Certificates given to committee members as proof of training completed Facilitation
- Ensure that the necessary inputs for the assignment are available;
- Participate in necessary meetings and reviews.
The consultant shall report to the management that is led by the CEO who will be assisted by the Human Resource & Administration Manager.
Requirements and Qualifications
These include relevant training and experience in Occupational Safety and Health.
In addition, the consultant must provide
a. Valid license from the Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health ( Ministry of Labour)
b. Proof of experience in the provision of OSHA training of committee members Intellectual Property
As per AMACO’s standard consultancy contract ownership and copyright of all data; drafts and final products will be exclusive property of AMACO.
Submitting an Expression of Interest
Interested consultants or firms should send the following:-
1. A cover letter introducing the consultancy firm and how the skills and competencies described above are met and giving concrete examples.
2. The technical component of the proposal should be concisely presented and structured in the following to include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following information:
a) Description of the Firm and the Firm’s qualifications, a brief description of your firm/institution on an out of recent experience or projects of a similar nature.
You should also provide references and information that will facilitate our evaluation of your firm/institution’s substantive reliability and financial managerial capacity to provide the services;
b) Understanding of the Requirements for Services, including any assumptions as well as comments on the data as indicated in the TORs or as you may otherwise believe to be necessary;
c) Proposed Approach, Methodology, Timing and Outputs. This may include any comments or suggestion: the TOR, as well as your detailed description of the manner in which your firm/institution would respond to TOR.
d) Proposed personnel to carry out the assignment and their C.Vs. The composition of the team you propose to provide, with their qualifications and experience, to be accompanied by their curriculum vitae;
e) List of similar assignments done with details of the contact persons.
3. The Financial Component should contain an overall quotation in a single currency (Kshs) to cover all costs which should be valid for a period of not less than 90 days.
In addition, the proposed component must cover all the services to be provided and must itemize the following:
a. Total cost of the assignment (indicating nature and breakdown);
b. A proposed schedule of payments.
To reach the address below on or by close of business on 23rd March, 2012.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Africa Merchant Assurance Company Ltd,
P. O. Box 61599-00200,
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Biology Teacher Job Vacancy at The Aga Khan Academy Senior School Nairobi
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Senior School would like to invite interested applicants to apply for the temporary position of:
Biology Teacher (From April 13th 2012 to July 13th 2012)
Applicant should be able to teach MYP science for grades 7 – 9, IGCSE Biology for grades 10 and 11, and IB DP Biology.
The applicant should also have a minimum of 3-5 years of teaching experience, a Bachelor of Science or equivalent, and it would be an advantage to have teaching experience in the IB programme.
Interested applicants should submit their CV by Monday 26th March 2012 to:
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi
P.O. Box 44424 – 00100
Limuru Road, Nairobi
Tel: 020 3742266/3749495
Mobile: +254 736 380 101
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Field Agronomist Vacancy: Green Zone Agencies kenya 2012
Green Zone Agencies (GZA) Ltd. is an agribusiness company founded in 2004 as a private-sector company to provide agribusiness development services to small, medium and large scale farmers in Kenya and incorporated under the Companies Act (Cap. 486) in June 2011.
The firm is an inputs and services provider whose core businesses are in agricultural engineering, agronomy, crop protection and agribusiness management/business skills.
GZA’s mission is geared at improving farming by offering top-notch agribusiness solutions for increased income, food security and sustainability.
GZA implements its programs and business through various partners in various regions in Kenya and has its headquarters in Kisumu, Kenya.
GZA recently partnered with USAID under a 2-year USAID-KHCP (US Agency for International
Development — Kenya Horticultural Competitiveness Partnership) Program for Soil and
Water Management Technologies for Improved Productivity and Food Security in Nyanza Province.
The overall goal of the USAID-KHCP Program is to increase rural household incomes and generate employment from growth and sustenance of a highly competitive horticulture sector.
To effectively contribute to this, the program will increase the utilization and/or adoption of improved productivity measures for Kenyan horticulture producers through diversification, improved management practices and processing.
Job Title: Field Agronomist
Reporting to: Projects Coordinator
Primary Working relations: Managing Director, Projects Coordinator, other Agronomists and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer.
Duty Station: Kisumu with frequent travel to field sites.
Job Summary: Your main responsibility will be in provision of GZA’s range of agribusiness inputs and services, to ensure growth of GZA’s core business in soil and water management technologies.
You will also provide after sales service to farmers, production advice and market linkage to our clients through partners within our networks.
Your core responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- In liaison with the other GZA agronomists, establish a coordinated series of demonstration units for various horticultural crops for target farmers ranging from commercial entrepreneurs to smallholder farmers.
- Introduce new soil and water management technologies to farmers in the above-mentioned demonstration sites, which will also serve as a vehicle to share and reinforce Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).
- Provide sustained training and technical assistance (extension services) to smallholder farmers participating in the demonstration units and other field sites.
- Plan for and participate in GZA Field Days to share, showcase and promote successful technologies such as new varieties or production techniques to the wider farming community.
- Plan for and facilitate technical training workshops to share good practices in soil and water management technologies and key crops.
- In liaison with GZA’s Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, participate in conducting baseline surveys, regular monitoring and mid-term and end-term evaluations to document successes, challenges and learning points in GZA’s businesses.
- Write regular monthly, quarterly, yearly and annual reports and submit to the Project Coordinator.
- Undertake other core businesses of GZA, which include but are not limited to: installation of irrigation systems, green houses, fertigation systems, and electronic water management systems; conducting sales of farm inputs and equipment and provision of after sales service.
- Represent GZA in various local and international meetings and technical workshops in the field of agronomy.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the Project Coordinator and/or Managing Director.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a Diploma in Agriculture/Horticulture/Farm Management, preferably in Field Crop Agronomy.
- Having good knowledge and practical background in soil and water management technologies will be an added advantage.
- Must have good communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in management of greenhouses, shadenets, furrow irrigation and water management technologies will be a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years working experience related to the above job description.
- Knowledge of USAID-funded regulations will also be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Those in possession of a valid driving license incorporating motorcycle category will have an upper hand. Copies of this document will be required for shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates with a background working in management of sweet potatoes, passion fruits and vegetables value chains will have an added advantage
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to provide training on good agricultural practices to farmers.
- Female candidates are strongly advised to apply.
If you meet the above qualifications and experiences, kindly send a cover letter (indicating your current and expected salary) and detailed curriculum vitae with your daytime contacts (cell phone number) to The Projects Coordinator, Green Zone Agencies (GZA) by e-mail to email@example.com to reach us latest 12pm on Friday March 23, 2012.
Late applications will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here