Posts Tagged “kenyan jobs bank 2012”
Jacaranda Health Clinic Jobs in Kenya 2012
Jacaranda Health is a new venture that aims to set a new standard for maternity care in East Africa. We are combining business and clinical innovations to provide affordable maternity and reproductive health services to low-income urban women.
In 2011 we launched mobile clinic services providing antenatal care at community sites around northeastern Nairobi. Today, we are seeking several nurses/midwives to staff our first fixed maternity clinic in Nairobi (just before Ruiru town), as well as in our mobile clinic.
We seek nurses with good experience in maternal and child health and a strong commitment to providing friendly and respectful care to all women.
Along with their clinical duties, the nurses will have the opportunity to work with new technologies and quality improvement techniques, and work with clinicians and advisors at the forefront of maternal health.
It is an excellent opportunity to learn new clinical skills, and to receive mentorship in a clinical setting and CME.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive antenatal care, postnatal care, and family planning for mothers and mothers-to-be in Jacaranda’s mobile clinic
- Provide friendly, helpful service, advice, guidance, and education to all patients
- Maintain patient data using our electronic medical records systems
- Provide comprehensive PMTCT services and counseling and referrals for HIV
- Work closely with the Jacaranda Health management team and teammates to identify and implement opportunities to improve clinical quality and clinic operations
- Diagnose, treat and refer as appropriate antenatal, labour and postnatal complications
- Conduct normal deliveries and assess any complications that may require referral
- Advise mothers on issues
The desired candidate should possess the following:
- Certificate in nursing from a recognized institution. A Diploma or Degree in nursing is an added advantage.
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience working with pregnancy and delivery.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and empathy; equally comfortable providing one-on-one counseling and presenting birth-preparedness education to groups.
- A commitment to providing world-class care, and the curiosity and commitment to excellence needed for continuous quality improvement.
- Excellent analytical reasoning skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- A good understanding of community dynamics.Knowledge and familiarity with low-income urban areas of Nairobi will be an added advantage.
- Managing labour and delivery
- Antenatal care
- Postnatal care
- PMTCT (including NASCOP certified training and recent updates)
- Family planning
- Post-abortion care
- Basic life support (BLS)
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS)
- Advanced life support in obstetrics (ALSO)
- Neonatal resuscitation
- Cervical cancer screening (VIA/Cryotherapy)
- Nurse anaesthetist
- Counselor (for domestic violence, post-abortion care, or other areas)
Interested candidates may apply by:
1. First,complete the online form available by clicking here Jacaranda Health Nurse Application Form or by pasting this link into your web browser: http://goo.gl/UkOEh.
2. After completing the application, please also submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only applicant that have completed the online form as well as submitted their CV will be considered. No calls please.
Your application must be received by Sunday, February 5th, 2012.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GOAL has been implementing health and HIV activities in Nairobi for over 10 years however in recent years the programme approach has changed from direct service delivery to working through local partners. GOAL works in a variety of informal settlements in Nairobi and targets its health activities toward those living with HIV and vulnerable youth.
GOAL’s current strategic plan is coming to an end at the end of this year and GOAL needs to develop its health strategic plan for the next 5 years (2012-2015) which is based on lessons learnt over the past few years and clearly identified current priority health needs in these communities.
To date much of the focus has been on support to those affected by HIV and working with vulnerable youth. GOAL implements its work via local partners and with the MoH in selected health facilities in informal settlements across the city.
The population of Nairobi is increasing dramatically primarily in the informal settlements as people leave the rural areas in increasing numbers due to the increasing drought of recent years and rising food prices.
In the informal settlements, urban food insecurity, high levels of child mortality (particularly in children < 2 years), chronic child under nutrition, early onset of first pregnancy in young women/girls as well as the risk of STIs and HIV are just some of the complex challenges
General Description of the role:
The Health Coordinator will provide technical leadership and line management for GOAL Kenya’s (GK) current health programme (HIV and youth friendly services) and support the growth of the health programme in new issue areas (e.g. adolescent health, nutrition and others).
S/he will also support the programme team to develop the health strategic plan for the next 5 years which is due to begin in January 2012.
The Health Coordinator will report directly to the Assistant Country Director – Programmes (ACD-P) and will also liaise with GOAL Dublin’s Global Health Advisor to support the development of the health programme in Kenya.
- Building on the health baseline research report; the selected candidate will lead the development of core programme outcomes, outputs and indicators for the 2012-2016 GOAL Kenya Country Strategic Plan
- Supervise and support the GK health team and support the integration of health programming across GK’s programme sectors (Livelihoods, Child Empowerment and Protection and Emergency Programming)
- Identify funding opportunities with institutional donors (DFID, USAID, Irish Aid and others) for new programmes and help secure funds to support new initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of current research, trends and good practices in health programming, including donor trends and key actors in Kenya’s health sector; and disseminate relevant information to the GK programme team
- Participate in key coordination meetings at the national and international levels, including but not limited to the UN Health Cluster, Nutrition Cluster, Sector Working Groups and others as necessary
- Oversee the monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all GK health activities
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for submission to the ACD-P and the Country Director
- Support training and performance assessment of all GK health staff
- Assist with collection and analysis of data for KAPB, MICS, internal evaluations and other surveys
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience managing health programmes (preferably in Kenya)
- Excellent knowledge of principles in project planning and management
- Self-motivated team player team player with a proven ability to think creatively, work independently and support the growth and development of a strong team
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) in English and Swahili
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong knowledge of and familiarity with subjects related to reproductive health, family planning, HIV/AIDS and other and other areas related to health
- Knowledge of good practices in monitoring and evaluation, research and learning
To apply for the above position, please send your CV by email, listing three reference including your last direct supervisor and salary expectation to email@example.com.
Please put the job title, “HEALTH COORDINATOR” in the subject line of the email.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 20th January 2012. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and responded to after interviews. No phone calls accepted.
GOAL is an equal opportunity employer, qualified male and female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Accounts Clerk Job in Kenya 2012
Our client a firm based in industrial area and manufacturing and selling towels and bedding materials is looking for an accounts clerk.
The holder of the position should have the following qualifications
- Minimum of CPA 2
- Have working experience of QuickBooks
- One year experience in accounting
- Must be honest and of high integrity
- Young with an outgoing personality.
- To reconcile all revenues collected on daily basis and check balances against receipts.
- Post accounting data both manually and electronically in the cash journal and maintain a cash balance.
- Prepare bank account deposits documents and confirmed deposit total.
- Assist in payroll administration.
- Assist in budget preparation and any other accounting/administration job assigned.
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate current or last salary.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Suite 3, 13th Floor, Development house,
Moi Avenue, Nairobi.
Via email to: email@example.com
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database no for interviewing.