Posts Tagged “kenyan job”
Kenya Airports Authority: Information Security Manager Job in Kenya 2012
The Information Security manager is responsible for KAA’s ICT security programs.
The ISM will focus on the sustainability of the program – improvements, compliance, IT risk, incident management, implementation and continuity of security operations.
The ISM will be accountable to and take direction from the General Manager, ICT.
- Managing and providing oversight on processes to ensure that appropriate security controls are in existence and in force.
- Ensure overall integrity and effectiveness of the Information Security Programs and events.
- Consults with Information Technology management to facilitate selection and use of realistic enforcement mechanisms.
- Ensure that information security technology and techniques are applied appropriately to effectively protect information resources.
- Manage Risk Assessment coordination for the organization
- Manage Security exception approvals tracking and recertification.
- Manage and monitor Security Incident Response and Reporting.
- Works with business unit management to ensure that resource owner responsibilities are accepted and appropriately performed.
- Helps evaluate, select, install, and configure hardware and software systems that provide appropriate security functions.
- Advises on normal and exception processing of security authorization requests.
- Develop security policies; maintains resource classification scheme; and presents information on security status, project status, and security.
- University degree in IT or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of information systems experience two of which must be in information security
- Preferred certifications: CCNA, CISSP, or similar certifications.
- Experience with Cisco and/or Checkpoint environment is an added advantage
- Should have worked in a busy commercial IT environment.
- Should be highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail with strong interpersonal and relationship-building-skills.
- Applicants are expected to be of “High Integrity and no criminal record”
Interested candidates are required to submit an application letter, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates and other testimonials on or before 30th March 2012 to the address below quoting reference on the envelop ICT-SM-MARCH-2012
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The Managing Director
Kenya Airports Authority
P o Box 19001-00501
or to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
IUCN, the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural resources, was founded in 1948 and brings together nearly 1,100 members (States, government agencies, NGOs and affiliates) and some 10,000 scientists and experts from 181 countries in a unique worldwide partnership. Its mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable. Within the framework of global conventions IUCN has helped over 75 countries to prepare and implement national conservation and biodiversity strategies. IUCN Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) have thematic programmes (and Water and Wetlands is one of them) with projects spreading across twenty three countries in the Horn of Africa, Eastern Africa, Southern Africa and the Western Indian Ocean. IUCN is implementing (within its Water and Wetlands Programme) projects in the Lower Tana, Kenya. This includes an Austrian Aid funded project on Building drought resilience through land and water management and the Global Water Initiative (GWI) funded by the Howard G. Buffett Foundation. The goal of the initiative is to support Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) programs through 3 strategic objectives: Good Governance to improve local and community governance and the enabling policy framework; Sustainable Multiple Uses of Water which includes efficient, effective and equitable domestic and productive uses of water, sanitation, hygiene, and watershed management; and Risk Management so that vulnerable rural communities have increased resilience to water-related shocks. The project is being implemented in the Lower Tana River Basin under the coordination of a National Coordinator, housed by CRS. The 1st three-year phase of the project took place between October 2008 and September 2011 and the 2nd three-year phase is scheduled for October 2011 to September 2014. The 2nd phase while will build on the experiences to date, will put emphasis on policy influencing, advocacy and research. The Austrian Aid funded project complements GWI and demonstrates the application of a framework for resilience in practice that is based on cohesive approaches to diversifying livelihoods and markets, improving natural and engineered infrastructure around water points, strengthening natural resource governance processes including water resource management and sharing experiences and learning across sectors and governance levels. The project aims to strengthen community, catchment and local stakeholder capacity to manage and adapt to the impacts of increasingly severe and frequent drought in the region. IUCN is therefore inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Position – Project Officer
Location – Garissa/Lower Tana Region, Kenya
The Project Officer will provide technical, managerial and administrative support to the IUCN projects. Specifically the Project Officer will:-
1. Project implementation
a. Coordinate and support the implementation of a strategy for policy influencing and advocacy for project partners on IWRM and development for improved livelihoods of local communities;
b. Document, package and disseminate the information and or lessons from the project to a wider audience for awareness, advocacy and policy influencing;
c. Manage the production of the project outputs (studies, reports, policy briefs, etc), including coordinating layout and design appropriately for specific audiences;
2. Project administration
a. Assist with the development and administration of annual work-plans, budgets, internal agreements, contracts and production of progress reports as required by IUCN and collaborating partners;
b. Ensure due diligence in the planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of assigned project activities;
c. Assist the management of the project related expenditures in accordance with IUCN procurement procedures;
d. Ensure the collection, collation, reporting, organization, and keeping records of all project data and documents;
e. Provide follow up support and tracking of administrative, programmatic and financial issues with WRMA Tana River Catchment Area
3. Support the Water and Wetlands portfolio
a. Initiate and support development of new concepts and projects that deliver on IUCN’s programme and the GWI objectives.
a. With prior approval from the Team Leader, Water and Wetlands Programme, represent IUCN at internal and external meetings at local, national, regional and international levels.
1. Minimum of a first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resource Management or related field;
2. Master’s degree is an asset
3. At least three years working experience in the area of water resource management and governance;
4. Strong knowledge and experience on governance, advocacy and policy influencing of natural resources management;
5. Excellent IT and communication skills (outlook, spreadsheet, word processing, database, website management etc);
6. Knowledge of Lower Tana area and familiarity with local culture and languages is considered a strong asset.
7. Excellent written and spoken English and Somali
1. Strong inter personal skills, cultural sensitivity, and a very good communicator
2. Innovative and dynamic, with ability to take initiative and provide creative solutions to project management problems
3. A proactive and self-motivated individual with good interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to work in a team and capacity to pay attention to detail.
4. Excellent analytical skills and ability to work with little supervision and function in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
IUCN Project Officers are required to conduct themselves at all times in a manner that is compatible with their responsibilities and in accordance with the standards of conduct expected by IUCN as set out in the IUCN Staff Rules.
Applicants are asked to submit their CV and a supporting letter of motivation and provide the names and contact details (including e-mail addresses) of three referees. The letter must be submitted on or before 11th January, 2012 to: email@example.com
IUCN is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from qualified men and women.
Time Base: Full-time
Duration: 06 Months
Location: Abudwaq – Somalia with frequent trips to Nairobi
Are you interested to manage a humanitarian program that will help influence the lives of thousands of Somalis in need? Help shape a better future to vulnerable persons and apply to join our team as Monitoring and Programming Officer.
The Monitoring and Programming Officer, with the support of Premiere Urgence Somalia Program Coordinator (Based in Nairobi) and the his Assistant, directly monitors an humanitarian program implemented by a partner in the Abudwaq District, Galgaduud region, Somalia, and plans futures humanitarian actions.
Premiere Urgence-Aide Medical Internationale (PU-AMI) mandate is to answer the fundamental needs of the population affected by conflicts, natural disasters or economic crisis: food, water, health, home and livelihood.
PU’s strategy is to develop an integrated approach of crisis management based on our technical, medical and non medical expertise. PU’s activities span from emergency to post-crisis / development support and our programs are designed and developed in strong partnership with national / regional authorities, communities and the civil society.
Premiere Urgence (first emergency) Kenya is working since 2008 and has already implemented, with its partner, a food distribution program in Somalia in 2009.
- Represents the organization in the country and as such, participates to all related meetings
- Assists the partner in the implementation of the food distribution program
- Monitors the activities implemented and reports to his supervisor
- Assists the partner in all program related aspects (i.e. SoVs, PDM)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program and proposes options of improvement if needed
- Ensure a good coordination with all the stakeholders present on the field (UN Agencies, International and National organizations, local authorities)
- Provides the PU Program Coordinator with regular feed-backs and reports
- Collects relevant and reliable information and data, records them and provides statistics
- With the support of his supervisor as well as PU’s Partner, ensures the preparation, the development and the implementation of a humanitarian needs assessment.
- Write a needs assessment report including analysis, main findings, and recommendations in order to identify a country strategy and write concept notes
- At the end of the operation, writes a full monitoring report including analysis and recommendations
- Experience of at least 3 (three) years in developing and/or implementing humanitarian programs in Somalia
- Good experience in developing and/or monitoring humanitarian operations
- Experience in realizing humanitarian needs assessments
- Excellent writing and analysis capacities
- Good knowledge of the targeted district and of the main stakeholders present there
- Good negotiations capacities
- Ability and willingness to work in insecure and stressful environment
- Persons with required qualifications and capabilities
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified will be interviewed.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include a Statement of Qualifications that describes your experience, knowledge and abilities as they relate to each “Required Qualifications and Capabilities” factor listed under the “Desirable Qualifications” section of this bulletin.
You must provide specific examples for each Desirable Qualification factor.
The Desirable Qualification factors must be addressed and numbered in the same order as listed.
The Statement of Qualifications should not exceed three pages in length.
Applications and statement of qualifications must be received by: December 15, 2011
• CPA II qualification or its equivalent.
• At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position in a busy organization.
• Must be proficient in Windows and Ms. Office Suite (Especially Word, Excel, and outlook) usage.
• Knowledge of Accounting Packages like Pastel and QuickBooks.
• Must be proactive and have Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Must be attentive to detail.
• Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be flexible and willing to work under pressure and undertake other duties.
• Must be willing and ready to learn and be taught and take up new tasks as assigned to him/her.
• Bachelor degree or five years property or real estate accounting experience required
• Experience working with property or real estate software, and preferably Oracle products.
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required
• Experience in the tower or carrier industry strongly preferred
The candidate must have a Mean Grade of at least C+ in K.C.S.E with a C+ in Maths, English and Kiswahili. Bachelors Degree preferably in Social Sciences or Marketing.
Interest in Marketing is an added advantage
He or she should be holding Diploma in business administration and also computer litrate. willing canditates to send there CV and quote there salary expectation to above email id to reach us before 19/11/2011. (Shipping / Clearing & Forwarding / logistics knowledge will be an added advantage value )
Knowledge and experience in clerical/Accounting duties and dealing with administrative duties.Committed person with good standing with their community,must be a person of high intergrity,profiency in computer applications must have a degree or diploma any field .Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.
minimum experience at least 5 years.
Knowledge of construction company industry and materials terminology is an advantage.
The incumbent will be in charge of purchasing materials for various sites and also liaising with suppliers