Posts Tagged “kenya internship finance and accounting 2012”
Agent Banking Field Officer Job in Kenya 2012
A rapidly expanding local commercial bank with a countrywide network is looking to maintain and enhance its leadership position in the industry through the recruitment of Field Officer – Agent Banking.
- Fresh, young and energetic individuals who have a passion and flair for sales as well as being self-driven and results-oriented.
- The ideal candidates should also be able to work with minimal supervision and possess the ability to meet and exceed targets.
Reporting to the Head, Agent Banking in the Alternative Banking Channels Department, the role-holder will push transactions at the Agent and Merchant location by ensuring optimal service delivery by the agents, their outlets and branches while at the same time organizing and conducting frequent training for agents and merchants.
- Minimum of KCSE C+ (Plus) overall grade, with a C+ in Mathematics and English
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in a Business-related field will be an added advantage
- Computer Literate
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Previous sales experience in a financial institution will be an added advantage
- Motorcycle driving license will be an added advantage
- Age: 28 yrs and below
P.O. Box 49010-00100
We are an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, for a period of 12 months,with an option to renew the contract.
Responding to the need for intellectual resources and capacities which grow out of African experiences, while also reflecting global best practices, the Aga Khan University (AKU) is establishing the African Management Case Centre to undertake research, analyze and document the experiences of African enterprises and initiatives to develop original content and create African-based capacities in case writing and pedagogy.
The Centre will serve not only as a university wide resource, but also have a mandate to foster case method practice in schools across Africa and the developing world more broadly.
This initiative is part of a wider expansion of AKU that includes the establishment of East Africa’s first regional university, with a purpose–built prinicipal campus in Arusha, Tanzania and the development of six graduate professional schools that will foster creative and ethical leadership, professionalism and broad-based capacities in the fields critical to developing economies.
AKU is establishing the centre initially under the joint aegis of its Graduate School of Media and Communications and Graduate School of Management, addressing the needs of other graduate professional schools as they are developed.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Research Associate will be a key member of a Nairobi-based team working on the development of cases and other intellectual capital in collaboration with international partners.
- Research, develop and write cases and course materials with faculty guidance on developing world subjects, usually in print, though sometimes using multimedia elements such as web-based video
- Gather and analyze data through field interviews and library research, preparing text as well as charts, graphs, and tables as appropriate
- Identify opportunities and channels to publicize the case centre and its educational materials to a variety of constituents in multiple venues including events, digital and print
- Strong writing and academic research skills, as well as excellent analytical, communication, and interviewing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, in a high pressure, deadline oriented environment
- Capacity to be flexible, adaptable, and to multitask, focus, and write quickly and effectively
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively and independently at the highest level of academic rigor, while establishing strong working relationships and taking direction from one or more project leaders/faculty/editors
- Comfortable both in an academic setting and with top corporate executives and business norms
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be necessary
- Masters degree in Journalism/Media/Communications/Business or equivalent, an Undergraduate degree in Liberal Arts and 2-3 years of related experience
Applications (Curriculum Vitae, names of two referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials) should be sent to email@example.com by 10th February 2012.
Applications by email are preferred.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.