Posts Tagged “kenya airways jobs”
Micro Credit Officers Jobs at a Commercial Bank in Kenya 2012
- Bachelors degree in a business related field.
- A qualification in Marketing will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy a must.
- Age – 28 years and below.
P.O. Box 49010-00100
CREAW Litigation / Legal Officer in Charge of the Access to Justice Programme Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
CREAW is a non-governmental, non-partisan, membership organization whose Mission is to transform society by empowering women and expanding new frontiers for women’s rights and freedoms.
- Conceptualization, design, and implementation of innovative projects within the Access to Justice programme/ projects.
- Provide legal advice to women on matters concerning Women Human rights, Gender based violence and other areas of local and international law.
- Provide legal representation to women before various institution and platforms in courts of law, police stations, chiefs’ offices among others.
- Initiate partnership and liaise with state functionaries service providers and academia to assist women facing gender based violence /other forms of discrimination.
- Conceptualizing and heading all public interest litigation suites.
- Analyzing and critiquing of bills and legislation affecting women’s human rights
- Prepare /quarterly reports of the cases handled by the Access to Justice programme/ projects.
- Provide legal trainings and prepare training materials for partner organizations and other stakeholders. Plan and participate in the conduct of alternate dispute resolution mechanisms provided in law. Interact with a network of law enforcement authorities, government officials, service providers, activists in the women’s movement etc.
- Prepare, in a timely manner, materials for both internal and external use including reports, action materials, and submissions to be made in different forums.
- Represent the organization in national and international forums as and when appropriate.
- Assigning duties and supervising the legal assistant and law students and ensuring duties are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Coordination of research under the legal Advocacy programme/ projects.
- Ensuring timely and regular reporting on the project implementation to the immediate supervisor and the development partners.
- Monitoring and evaluating plans to ensure effective implementation of the projects under the Access to Justice program
- Advising the organization on any legal matter including but not limited to drafting of agreements and contracts and their registration.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time to further the vision and mission of CREAW
- A degree in law (masters in law is preferable)
- At least 4 years proven litigation experience in Family law and Sexual & Gender Based Violence.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proven writing/ drafting, communication and analytical skills.
- A good understanding of women’s human rights issues and a commitment to women’s rights.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize activities.
- Proven ability to lead a team under program
- Demonstrate skills in computer applications and data entry
- Must have demonstrated interest in women matters and a good understanding and appreciation of the plight of women.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Working experience in project implementation and evaluation will be highly desirable.
- Must be able to work comfortably and effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds and to establish and maintain constructive working relations in multi –cultural environment.
Centre for Rights Education and Awareness – CREAW
Tel/fax: +254-20-3860640/ 3861016/ 2378271/ 720357664
P.O. Box 11964 –00100 GPO
Nairobi – Kenya
3 Hot Jobs at Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi 2012
The Manager, Medical Records will be responsible for management and effective service delivery in the mobilization of documents in the Medical Records Department .
S/he will enhance and maintain effective systems for electronic medical records, medical transcription, resource utilization, release of information to authorized persons, regulatory compliances, data integrity, and processing, retention and retrieval of electronic patient health records.
Applicants should posses a Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Health
Information Technology and a minimum of five years experience and supervising a Medical Records Department .
S/he should be familiar with Electronic Medical Records and Health Information Management policies and procedures as may be applicable internationally.
The Head Chef will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the kitchen including hygiene, preparation of menus, costing for all food production and for ensuring that all patient dietary requirements are met.
S/he will ensure adequate supply of stocks, ensuring that there is no shortfall and maintaining all kitchen equipment.
Applicants should have a Diploma/Certificate in Food Production with a minimum of four years in a 5-4 star hotel or in a similar institution.
S/he should have a good understanding of HACCP Hygiene Management System and ISO 22000 Quality Management System .
Senior House Officer – Accident and Emergency Department
The Senior House Officer will be responsible for the effective management and care of patients to ensure optimal delivery of quality patient care.
Applicants should possess a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB ChB) or equivalent with at least one year relevant experience and should be registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists’ Board.
Preference will be given to candidates with ACLS, ATLS or PALS training.
Application, CV with names and contacts of three referees, and copies of certificates should be sent to, the
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi.
P. O. Box 30270-00100, Nairobi
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
so as to reach not later than 28th April, 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Save the Children Deputy Nutrition Adviser Job in Kenya 2012
Save the Children is the world’s largest independent children’s organization, making immediate
and long-lasting improvements to children’s lives in over 120 countries worldwide.
Save the Children is made up of 27 member organisations across the globe.
Through Unified Presence, Save the Children aims to create a stronger voice for children by unifying the operations in all countries where more than one Save the Children Member organizations operates.
This will result in one organisation at the national level in each country and a unified Programme delivery structure for all Save the Children Alliance Members.
Save the Children has a long history of working in partnership in Somalia and it is one of the
leading Ingo’s working in Somalia for the rights of children.
Save the Children has a unified presence in Somalia and Somaliland since January 2010 and is working in the thematic areas of education (including skills training for youth), health, protection and emergency responses.
Save the children has an operation in Somaliland, Puntland and South Central Somalia.
Due to constraints on security, and the need to liaise with UN agencies, other NGOs and donors
the country office is based in Nairobi and senior managers and directors are expected to travel
extensively to monitor and support programme work in all parts of Somalia that are accessible
and where security threats are being effectively mitigated.
The Deputy Nutrition Adviser will assist in the formulation, planning, monitoring, and evaluation
of Nutrition project(s) of Save the Children Somalia/Somaliland and to ensure quality and
impact of the emergency nutrition interventions through facilitation, technical support and
capacity building of field staff and partners in all the supported regions of Somalia.
The post holder will be responsible for providing strengthened support through regular field visits, regular on the job mentoring and capacity building, monitoring the programme quality and adherence to nutritional protocols and standards, data management (i.e. compilation, analysis and reporting etc), and documentation of lessons learned and innovations.
The Deputy Nutrition Adviser will work closely with the country and regional response teams to identify and give technical inputs on the nutrition related challenges.
He/she will also focus on the quality and timely submission of monthly, quarterly, mid-term and final project reports.
He/she will also be frequently travelling to the field to monitor the overall implementation and progress of nutrition activities.
You will have at least five years of hands on experience in the management of emergency
nutrition programs in the humanitarian field (Field work experience);
be familiar with the emergency Nutrition intervention Guidelines, protocols and procedures (Nutrition interventions and surveys); be an expert in Project Cycle Management and programme formulation; have good analytical capacity; have solid training and team management skills; have solid budget management skills; have good communication skills; with knowledge of informatics : Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ENA for SMART and SPSS; excellent speaking, writing and reading
Knowledge of English is required and Somali is desirable and excellent reporting skills.
For additional information on the job description, working context, person’s specifications,
please visit: www.somaliangoconsortium.org
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Our
people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Applications should be forwarded to: email@example.com
Application Closing Date: Friday 9th March 2012.
However, the closing date may be earlier than this date due to the urgency in filling the position
Forex Bureau Teller Cashier Job Vacancy kenya 2012
The teller position requires a candidate who has worked for a forex bereau.
Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
Monitor bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
Enter customers’ transactions into computers to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, to prepare them for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
Sort and file deposit slips and checks.
- Be a mature and presentable person. At least 28yrs with a clean career record.
- A formal training with a minimum diploma in banking, CPA , ACCA or equivalent
- At least 2 yrs experience in an established forex bureau as a teller or principal officer, with ability to recognize genuine- multi currency..
- Practical experience in making returns with FABIT Accounting system to CBK while observing deadlines.
- Ability to market the forex bureau.
- Ability to work independently
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate current or last salary.