Posts Tagged “Kakamega and Oyugis Kenya 2012”
Deworm the World School Based Deworming Project Innovations for Poverty Action Field Assistants Jobs in Busia, Kisumu, Kakamega and Oyugis Kenya 2012
Project: Deworm the World (DTW) School-Based Deworming Project
Deadline to Apply: April 23rd 2012
Start Date: May 2012
Location: Busia / Kisumu / Kakamega / Oyugis (hiring for all 4 locations)
Expected travel within Western and/or Nyanza province
About Innovations for Poverty Action:
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit research organization that creates and evaluates approaches to solving development problems and disseminates information about what works and what does not to policymakers, practitioners, investors and donors around the world.
Description of Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
The Field Assistants will assist Deworm the World Scale Up in monitoring & evaluation activities. Activities include monitoring training sessions, visiting schools & conducting interviews with head teachers, teachers, students, and parents, and traveling into communities to conduct interviews with parents.
There are 4 locations for field teams to be based: Busia, Kisumu, Kakamega, & Oyugis.
FA’s will be expected to travel to the villages surrounding their location.
General duties include:
- Collecting data from the field at schools, training sessions, & in communities
- Organizing data collected from the field.
- On non-field days: conscientious performance of office work (such as matching IDs, photocopying, etc.)
- Consult with all the other field staff on any new issues arising from the field activities and finding ways to deal with such issues and or challenges. Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Ensure that all survey material is properly secured after and returned to the supervisor at the end of the survey after the exercise is over.
- Observing Regional and Teacher Training Sessions
- Collecting data from Schools prior to deworming day, on deworming day, and after deworming day
- Administering phone questionnaires/surveys with district & divisional staff, head teachers, and teachers
- Administering in-person surveys with district, divisional, and school staff, and well as children and parents
- Observing deworming activities and community sensitization activities
It is preferred that candidates have obtained a college diploma or university degree, preferably in sociology, statistics, economics, education, development studies, social sciences, health, or related fields.
Candidates must have completed secondary schooling.
Skills in data collection and survey administration; ability to work with local administrators; training in taking anthropometric measurements preferred.
Computer knowledge and typing skills required.
Other Qualities and Attributes:
Most importantly a positive attitude towards the position; able to work in rural settings; comfortable interviewing people in their homes; comfortable taking measurements of children and adults; comfortable traveling for extended periods of time; well-organized; ability to work independently and in a team in the field; promptness; attention to detail; initiative.
Candidates must be fluent in Kiswahili and English.
Applications can be submitted to any of our branch offices, or by email to email@example.com,
or by post office using P.O Box 373, Busia area code 50400 Kenya.
If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads: “FIELD ASSISTANT.” REF NO: DTW-2012-04-01.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email for an interview.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Assistant.
The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.
Applicants are encouraged to confirm the information listed above with IPA prior to releasing any extensive personal information to the organization.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.