Posts Tagged “kabianga university job vacancies”
IRC Deputy Field Program Coordinator Job in Lodwar, Kenya 2012
Deputy Field Program Coordinator
Sector: Environmental Health
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
The Deputy Field Program Coordinator (DFPC) shall be responsible for supporting the Field Program Coordinator (FPC) in coordinating and supervising the implementation of the IRC programs in Turkana County with specific focus in ensuring effective functionality of all the support functions of the program.
Additionally, the DFPC will support adherence to the Kenya Country Program Strategic Plan Mission Strategic Objectives in the Kenya Program within program development in Lodwar. The DFPC will also support the FPC in grant management and reporting.
The DFPC will be responsible for direct supervision and monitoring Human Resources, Administration, Logistics functions of the program to ensure strict compliance to all IRC procedures/policies.
The DFPC will also support the FPC in day to day management of Staff Safety and security during all phases of field operations.
The DFPC will also be responsible for assessing program support and program support staff quality, effectiveness and providing guidance and support to staff.
The DPFC will from time to time stand in for the FPC and represent the IRC Turkana program in various coordination forums when called upon. The DFPC’s detailed responsibilities will be as follows: :
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of grants by staff with specific focus to the program support sections of each respective grant;
- Oversee the development of detailed project work plans for all program support functions;
- Oversee preparation of monthly reports by program support staff, and edit reports prior to timely submission to Nairobi
- Working with the Field Finance Officer oversee, operational budget expenditures in Lodwar and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor regulations.
- Support review monthly BvAs reports, spending plans, procurement plans with staff, make recommendations on the basis of these and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Participate in workshops at field level to establish and monitor annual operating plans for the strategic plan;
- Working with the Field Program Coordinator foster strengthening links with the IRC Kakuma Refugee program on program support focusing on Logistics for Turkana Program in areas around Turkana West where possible.
Field Operational Management:
- Support the FPC in monitoring the security situation in Turkana and ensure continues updates on incidences occurring are tracked.
- Support FPC in the field management staff safety around the office, at the IRC guest house and during field operations in Turkana.
- Support the FPC in staff orientation on security matters while maintaining master roll for all staff who have gone through the process.
- Directly Supervise Safety and Security Assistant based in Lodwar
- Directly manage, supervise and mentor the Human Resources and Admin Officer, Logistics Officer and the Security Focal Point based in Lodwar
- Ensure that performance evaluations for program support team (excluding the Finance Department) are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency;
- Identify training needs for program support staff members and make appropriate recommendations to the FPC;
- Support the FPC in ensuring that administrative matters of the field office are carried out in accordance with IRC HR and administration policies;
- Support the FPC in ensuring that all IRC staff at the Field level are in compliance of the IRC Code of Conduct and other relevant policies pertaining to staff conduct.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate all staff who report directly to the DFPC;
- Directly oversee the carrying out of logistics support operations by Lodwar logistics staff, including procurement (both local and through Nairobi), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment).
- Directly oversee staff movement to field sites, arranging of armed security escorts where applicable, tracking while on sites and when travelling, and also ensure all call in are logged in.
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor logistics policies;
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor finance policies when preparing/reviewing payments prepared by Logistics, HRO/Admin, Security Departments before Approval.
Representation / Communications
- When called upon support the FPC in representing IRC in dealings with local authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), fellow NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate IRC program support activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
- When called upon support the FPC in Liaison with IRC’s partner agencies in Turkana district, both international and national NGOs, and CBOs
Job Requirements/Experience Required:
- Graduate degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management or similar relevant technical qualification
- Post graduate qualification in project management
- At least 5 years experience of working in multi-sectoral humanitarian relief or development projects in a similar position in complex emergency, arid and semi arid environment
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Budget development, and strong budget management experience
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage large amounts of information and prioritize work
- Good security management skills preferred.
- Good working knowledge of communications systems (satellite communications, VHF and HF radio) preferred.
- Good Computer applications including IT technical skill required
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor guideline requirements, e.g CDC, UNICEF, ECHO, EU, OFDA preferred
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.