Posts Tagged “jobs kisumu kenya”
CFC Life Regional Head of Marketing and Communications Job in Kenya 2012
Job Location: CfC House, Nairobi
Department: Regional Marketing and Communications
Key objective of the job
Responsible for the Strategic planning and execution for Marketing and Communications for East Africa in support of the overall business strategy and profitability for Liberty Africa (including CfC Life, Heritage Insurance – Kenya and Tanzania, Liberty Life Uganda and Stanbic Investments – Kenya and Uganda).
Management of the East African Marketing and Communications Team.
Development, implementation and management of marketing plans, campaigns, brand positioning and roll out to ensure growth for the businesses as well as internal and external communications, CSI and stakeholder management.
Provide the link between Head office/ Group level in South Africa and the region to ensure alignment, economies of scale and close working relationships between Group and the Eastern Region. Work extends across all insurance and asset management companies within the Liberty Group in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda for marketing and communications across all operations and product lines.
Job Summary – List the Key Tasks in the Job
- Provide support role and link for Liberty Africa in brand and marketing function in East Africa to ensure alignment across all brands and functions.
- Support the optimisation of the East Africa business function and participate in the planning process that leads execution to achieve optimum and integrated plans for East Africa.
- Develop and implement East African Brand plans across various product lines including external brand and advertising campaigns, PR, Events, Product Launches, Sponsorships, website development and management, design elements and roll out etc.
- Planning, preparation and management of the Marketing and Communications Budget for East African Region
- Development of Internal Communications Plan to facilitate change and integration communication for East Africa. Role includes Management Communication, Change Management, Corporate Communication and PR management and roll out of Internal Integration communication.
- Agency management for PR, Brand and Media agencies
- Commission East Africa-specific customer research, conceptualise the studies and manage the service providers
- Generate customer insight from customer research on an ongoing basis and ensure usability by the business including industry and competitor analysis, tracking relevant industry changes and trends to identify opportunities
- Aid the development of product value propositions per business and segment.
- Provide business and strategic leadership to marketing and communication team within East Africa including allocation of roles and responsibilities and guidelines for delivery. Team planning, co-ordination, reporting and measurement of plan and implementation in reaching goals for East Africa
- Support Sales initiatives and sales teams where relevant – event branding, activation branding, sales communication, cross selling initiatives
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships to achieve synergy and cooperation.
- Management of the media relationship
- Bachelor degree in Business/ Marketing
- 5-6 years experience in the Marketing and Communication Function
- Prior experience in Marketing and Communication management/Leadership role
- Prior experience in either insurance or asset management would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and prior expertise/ experience in marketing and campaigns on Internet and online technology platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills
- Ability to interact with employees & establish credibility across all levels in the org.
- Ability to interact and gain trust from people within and outside the organisation
- Strong influencing skills, drive and commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work under stress
If you meet the requirements of the above position please send an application together with detailed and updated CV and contacts of three professional references to any of the emails below.
LVBC Secretariat hereby invites applications from suitably qualified citizens of East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda) for the following vacant position.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Reports to: Regional Project Coordinator – LVEMP II
Organ/Institution: Lake Victoria Basin Commission
Duration of Contract: 2 Years
Station: LVBC Secretariat Headquarters, Kisumu, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job:
Under the supervision of the Regional Project Coordinator, the M&E Specialist will be responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy, development and implementation of the M&E system, as well as providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders.
This entails close communication with all those involved in M&E aspects of project implementation including project M&E staff in Partner States, other implementing institutions, and M&E-related missions by the World Bank and other partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in development of the LVBC and LVEMP II Result-Based System;
- Guide the overall M&E strategy, development and implementation of the LVBC/LVEMP II M&E system;
- Develop clear and user friendly M&E Framework and monitoring tools for LVBC/LVEMP II;
- Coordinate project M&E staff in Partner States and Implementing Institutions to ensure effective use of the LVBC/LVEMP II RBS and Tools;
- Support and participate in World Bank Supervision missions, evaluation missions and other related missions and activities;
- Ensure timely submission of reports from Partner States and other Implementing Partners and compile the Regional Project Reports;
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and other stakeholders;
- As a member of the LVBC Secretariat M&E Team, Provide M&E support to LVBC Projects and Programs;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Commissions reports, analysis of projects’ and other ad hoc reports, and preparation of management briefs outlining progress, performance and trends towards achieving set targets;
- Carryout any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Have at least a Master’s degree in Environmental related studies, Development Studies, or other relevant project-related field;
- Professional qualifications in planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of environment and natural resources management programs/projects.
- Use of WB procedures and monitoring framework
- The Results Based Management approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- Trend analysis and report writing.
How to apply
Application accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of certificates, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) should be sent to the undersigned.
Applications may be sent by post office, deposited at LVBC Secretariat Office at the address below, or by email in word or PDF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted no later than 13th January 2012.
The Executive Secretary,
Lake Victoria Basin Commission Secretariat,
P. O. Box 1510, 40100
Tel +254 57 202 387/894
Fax +254 27 202 6324
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We shall only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.