Posts Tagged “jobs in southern sudan”
Aviation Company Systems Engineer Job at Wilson Airport Nairobi Kenya 2013
Bachelor of Science (Eng.) degree in Aeronautics / Aerospace
a minimum of 1 year experience in the field of aircraft engineering and continuing airworthiness
Basic knowledge of current maintenance concepts (MSG, MRB)
Knowledge of the MPD
Knowledge of reliability monitoring principles
Excellent IT skills
The individual should be a Self motivated and disciplined person who takes initiative.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are looking for an exciting career, please send your application letter and a comprehensive CV to engKenya2013@gmail.com
So as to reach not later than 29th April 2013.
Medical Insurance Sales Executives Career Opportunities in Kenya 2012
- Minimum 1.5 years work experience with a track record of meeting sales targets.
- Minimum B-grade in high school.
- Bachelors degree in Sales/marketing or Business Administration from a recognized Institution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must poses critical sales skills.
- Must have a track record of meeting sales targets
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to work under minimal /no supervision
- Be willing to work under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills – efficient and quick
- Ready to work purely Commissions.
- Insurance knowledge will be a added advantage
subject line SALES.
IRC Deputy Field Program Coordinator Job in Lodwar, Kenya 2012
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of grants by staff with specific focus to the program support sections of each respective grant;
- Oversee the development of detailed project work plans for all program support functions;
- Oversee preparation of monthly reports by program support staff, and edit reports prior to timely submission to Nairobi
- Working with the Field Finance Officer oversee, operational budget expenditures in Lodwar and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor regulations.
- Support review monthly BvAs reports, spending plans, procurement plans with staff, make recommendations on the basis of these and ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Support the integration of program activities to create coherent, quality and complimentary programming; Specific focus to ensure strong integration of program support functions with direct program related activities
- Participate in workshops at field level to establish and monitor annual operating plans for the strategic plan;
- Working with the Field Program Coordinator foster strengthening links with the IRC Kakuma Refugee program on program support focusing on Logistics for Turkana Program in areas around Turkana West where possible.
- Support the FPC in monitoring the security situation in Turkana and ensure continues updates on incidences occurring are tracked.
- Support FPC in the field management staff safety around the office, at the IRC guest house and during field operations in Turkana.
- Support the FPC in staff orientation on security matters while maintaining master roll for all staff who have gone through the process.
- Directly Supervise Safety and Security Assistant based in Lodwar
- Directly manage, supervise and mentor the Human Resources and Admin Officer, Logistics Officer and the Security Focal Point based in Lodwar
- Ensure that performance evaluations for program support team (excluding the Finance Department) are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency;
- Identify training needs for program support staff members and make appropriate recommendations to the FPC;
- Support the FPC in ensuring that administrative matters of the field office are carried out in accordance with IRC HR and administration policies;
- Support the FPC in ensuring that all IRC staff at the Field level are in compliance of the IRC Code of Conduct and other relevant policies pertaining to staff conduct.
- Recruit, supervise and evaluate all staff who report directly to the DFPC;
- Directly oversee the carrying out of logistics support operations by Lodwar logistics staff, including procurement (both local and through Nairobi), stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment).
- Directly oversee staff movement to field sites, arranging of armed security escorts where applicable, tracking while on sites and when travelling, and also ensure all call in are logged in.
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor logistics policies;
- Ensure compliance with IRC and donor finance policies when preparing/reviewing payments prepared by Logistics, HRO/Admin, Security Departments before Approval.
- When called upon support the FPC in representing IRC in dealings with local authorities (administrative, sectoral and security officials), fellow NGOs and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate IRC program support activities with relevant officials and other humanitarian agencies;
- When called upon support the FPC in Liaison with IRC’s partner agencies in Turkana district, both international and national NGOs, and CBOs
- Graduate degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management or similar relevant technical qualification
- Post graduate qualification in project management
- At least 5 years experience of working in multi-sectoral humanitarian relief or development projects in a similar position in complex emergency, arid and semi arid environment
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and coordinating with international and national partner organizations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Budget development, and strong budget management experience
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage large amounts of information and prioritize work
- Good security management skills preferred.
- Good working knowledge of communications systems (satellite communications, VHF and HF radio) preferred.
- Good Computer applications including IT technical skill required
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor guideline requirements, e.g CDC, UNICEF, ECHO, EU, OFDA preferred
Estate Manager Job in Taveta Kenya 2012
Our client is a leading extensively integrated large scale estate in the Coast region of Kenya.
The position will be based in Taveta.
- Be in-charge of the estate and be responsible for its day-to-day running, human resources and other estate operations for both crop and livestock.
- Prepare business plans for the various estate enterprises and will be responsible for the financial management of the estate.
- Innovatively and efficiently run the estate for optimal productivity and profitability.
- Updating and safekeeping of all estate records and asset
- Have a background in Agriculture, with training at degree or Diploma level.
- Have experience in the extensive use of irrigation systems.
- Have the ability to manage a estate with extensive activities.
- Demonstrate experience in handling large scale estate equipment and machinery.
- Possess a demonstrable ability to make budgets.
- Be computer literate.
- Possess strong supervisory & management skills.
- Have at least 8 years experience in managing a estate with a workforce of over 700 employees.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications on e-mail, together with the latest copy of CV, day time telephone number and details of their current remuneration to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received on or before Tuesday 15th May 2012.
Public Service Commission of Kenya Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services 2012
Public Service Commission of Kenya
Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services
Tender No. PSCK/5/2011/2012
The Public Service Commission of Kenya (PSCK) invites expressions of interest from eligible individual consultants/firms to provide consulting services on Organization Structure and to propose a Salary Structure for the Commission’s Secretariat.
The tasks to be carried out by the consultant will include:
1. Study the functions and powers of the Public Service Commission under Article 234 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
2. Interpret each function in terms of tasks, duties and responsibilities;
3. Undertake a job evaluation;
4. Undertake a workload analysis and determine optimal staffing levels for the Secretariat;
5. Propose an appropriate organizational structure; and
6. Propose an appropriate salary structure taking into account the social, economic, environmental and prevailing job market factors.
The assignment is expected to take at least twelve (12) weeks (3 Months).
Interested individual consultants and firms must meet the following requirements:
(a) For individual consultant:
1. At least a Masters degree in a relevant field from a university recognized in Kenya;
2. Good working knowledge of the government and the public sector in Kenya;
3. Proven experience of at least five (5) years in conducting similar assignments; and
4. Provide three letters of reference from major clients.
(b) For consulting firms:
1. Company’s profile, with proven experience in the relevant field;
2. A copy of the Company’s registration certificate;
3. Company’s contact details (address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail, etc.);
4. Provide three letters of reference from major clients; and
5. List of similar consultancies with major clients.
Interested consultants shall provide information that demonstrates their qualification and experience to perform the services. Such information may include brochures, description
of similar assignments, availability of appropriate skills, e.t.c.
The consultant will be prequalified in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement and Disposal Act (PPDA), 2005.
Those who meet the requirements will be informed at a later date in writing when to buy the “request for proposal documents”.
Letters of expression of interest should be clearly marked “Expression of Interest for consultancy services Tender No. PSCK/5/2011/2012” and addressed to:
Public Service Commission of Kenya
Commission House, off Harambee Avenue
P. O. Box 30095-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Letters of expression of interest should be deposited in the Tender Box located at the entrance of the Commission House, off Harambee Avenue, Nairobi. Alternatively, the letters may be posted or sent through e-mail to be received not later than 2nd May, 2012 at 1.00 p.m.
The documents will be opened immediately thereafter in the presence of the Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend the opening in Board Room 7 situated on the 1st Floor, Commission House off Harambee Avenue, Nairobi.
Bernadette M. Nzioki, EBS
Public Service Commission of Kenya
icipe Carpenter / Artisan Job at Thomas Odhiambo Campus Mbita, South Nyanza april 2012
Duty travel to all institute facilities is required as instructed by supervisor.
i. Overall Duties
- Carpentry, plumbing, masonry work, electrical installation services, for the maintenance of icipe buildings and laboratories.
- Maintain and repair masonry, carpentry, sanitary/plumbing and electrical fittings in all icipe installations.
- Fabricate and repair items used by various research departments for field and laboratory work.
- Paint and refurbish office spaces and common areas.
- Report to supervisor regarding work done and work in progress, and submit duly filled job cards after completion of jobs.
- All assignments done correctly as per job cards.
- Provide a satisfactory level of output.
- Follow and obey the institute’s high safety standards and regulations.
- Ensure cost efficient use of workshop materials and equipment.
- Work in accordance with job schedule, and follow maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Work with workshop staff and institute employees to provide an efficient maintenance service.
- KCSE and Government Trade Test III in masonry, carpentry, plumbing and/or electrical engineering.
- 2 years proven experience as plumber, mason and carpenter artisan.
- Proven experience in building maintenance.
- Good knowledge of the English language, spoken and written.
- Must possess a valid driving licence with a minimum 3 years of accident-free driving of class E vehicles.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are an advantage.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with current remuneration package, and a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including telephone, e-mail and fax numbers), to:
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer