Posts Tagged “jobs in kisumu kenya”
Property Manager Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
UNOPS Administrative & Finance Assistant Job in Mogadishu, Somalia 2012
UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe.
In an effort to promote organizational excellence, UNOPS seeks highly qualified individuals for the following position:
Vacancy Code: MASOM1112_243
Post Title: Administrative & Finance Assistant
Post Level: LICA 3 Equivalent to G5
Org Unit: Mine Action Programme – Somalia
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Duration: 12 Months (Renewable – subject to availability of funds)
Closing Date: 27th February, 2012
The UN Somalia Mine Action Programme (UNSOMA) is operating under the responsibility of the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), executed by UNOPS.
The Mine Action Programme in Somalia started in Somaliland (1992-1993,1997-1998 and 1999-present), and Puntland (2003-2005), and has implemented capacity building projects, provided technical assistance for the national Somaliland and Puntland Mine Action Centres and the Police Explosive Ordnance disposal teams.
In South Central Somalia, UNSOMA is expanding the activities in support of the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
In complement to the provision of capacity building and support for the AMISOM forces to undertake EOD (Explosive Ordnance) activities in Mogadishu to reduce the large amounts of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) and stockpiles throughout the city, Police EOD teams are deployed in Mogadishu in concert with an emergency Mine Risk Education initiatives to reach the large numbers of returnees for provision of humanitarian assistance.
Other regional offices will be established during the current year.
UNSOMA has an office in Nairobi to provide managerial and support functions for the Regional Offices in Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision and daily reporting to the Program Support Officer (PSO), the incumbent will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in production of monthly payroll.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly attendance sheets for all staff.
- Manage the monthly accounts for private and official telephone bills.
- Assist in the preparation of DSA and other allowances claims for all staff.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing mail system.
- Assist in the management of the operational advances and petty cash accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of the requests for operational advances.
- Assist in the reconciliation of operational advances and petty cash.
- Advise all staff on rules and regulations pertaining to UNOPS administration and finance issues.
- Acts as a liaison between Mogadishu bank and UNOPS office.
- Assist in general administration of the office and any other tasks as required by the PSO.
- Secondary Education
- Specialized/Degree certification in either Administration or Finance.
- 4-5 years Experience
- Experience in administrative and finance procedures
- Experience in filing systems
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a gender-equal and multi-cultural environment
- Good inter-personal and communications skills and the ability to interact readily with UN staff members at all levels
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to interact and liaise with all levels of sources, i.e. local Somali sources, international sources, Transitional Federal Government (TFG) and Ethiopian sources and in particular their information units;
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Good knowledge of colloquial Somali and dialects of Somali clans in South Central Somalia is required.
- Candidates should be skilled in office-related computer applications.
- Experience with a UN Mine Action Centre or Demining NGO will be an advantage.
- Good written communication and report writing skills.
- Candidates with experience in South Central Somalia and knowledge of bordering countries and the dynamics of cross border security related incidents are encouraged to apply.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and an updated United Nations Personal History Form (P.11) (available on our website), via e-mail to email@example.com.
Kindly indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
For more information on UNOPS, please visit the UNOPS website at www.unops.org.
CFC Life Regional Head of Marketing and Communications Job in Kenya 2012
Job Location: CfC House, Nairobi
Department: Regional Marketing and Communications
Key objective of the job
Responsible for the Strategic planning and execution for Marketing and Communications for East Africa in support of the overall business strategy and profitability for Liberty Africa (including CfC Life, Heritage Insurance – Kenya and Tanzania, Liberty Life Uganda and Stanbic Investments – Kenya and Uganda).
Management of the East African Marketing and Communications Team.
Development, implementation and management of marketing plans, campaigns, brand positioning and roll out to ensure growth for the businesses as well as internal and external communications, CSI and stakeholder management.
Provide the link between Head office/ Group level in South Africa and the region to ensure alignment, economies of scale and close working relationships between Group and the Eastern Region. Work extends across all insurance and asset management companies within the Liberty Group in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda for marketing and communications across all operations and product lines.
Job Summary – List the Key Tasks in the Job
- Provide support role and link for Liberty Africa in brand and marketing function in East Africa to ensure alignment across all brands and functions.
- Support the optimisation of the East Africa business function and participate in the planning process that leads execution to achieve optimum and integrated plans for East Africa.
- Develop and implement East African Brand plans across various product lines including external brand and advertising campaigns, PR, Events, Product Launches, Sponsorships, website development and management, design elements and roll out etc.
- Planning, preparation and management of the Marketing and Communications Budget for East African Region
- Development of Internal Communications Plan to facilitate change and integration communication for East Africa. Role includes Management Communication, Change Management, Corporate Communication and PR management and roll out of Internal Integration communication.
- Agency management for PR, Brand and Media agencies
- Commission East Africa-specific customer research, conceptualise the studies and manage the service providers
- Generate customer insight from customer research on an ongoing basis and ensure usability by the business including industry and competitor analysis, tracking relevant industry changes and trends to identify opportunities
- Aid the development of product value propositions per business and segment.
- Provide business and strategic leadership to marketing and communication team within East Africa including allocation of roles and responsibilities and guidelines for delivery. Team planning, co-ordination, reporting and measurement of plan and implementation in reaching goals for East Africa
- Support Sales initiatives and sales teams where relevant – event branding, activation branding, sales communication, cross selling initiatives
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships to achieve synergy and cooperation.
- Management of the media relationship
- Bachelor degree in Business/ Marketing
- 5-6 years experience in the Marketing and Communication Function
- Prior experience in Marketing and Communication management/Leadership role
- Prior experience in either insurance or asset management would be an advantage, but is not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and prior expertise/ experience in marketing and campaigns on Internet and online technology platforms.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal & organisational skills
- Ability to interact with employees & establish credibility across all levels in the org.
- Ability to interact and gain trust from people within and outside the organisation
- Strong influencing skills, drive and commercial instinct
- Ability to multi-task and work under stress
If you meet the requirements of the above position please send an application together with detailed and updated CV and contacts of three professional references to any of the emails below.
My Expert Desk Services Admin Secretary Jobs in Kisumu Kenya
- Updating online profiles
- Bidding for projects
- Distributing assignment
- Submitting reports to clients
- Oversee projects deadline
- Produce admin reports
- Handling incoming and outgoing calls
- Handle clients queries
- Manage interviews
- A minimum of C plain in KCSE
- Training in secretarial duties/ project management OR office administration
- Certificate in computer basics
- Proficiency in MS office suite
- Work experience as a project secretary OR admin secretary is added advantage
- MUST be willing and ready to work up to late hours.
Applications should be sent to jobs@ myexpertdesk.com or hand delivered to;
My Expert Desk Services,
Opanga Building Second Floor,
Lower Ogada Street
P.o Box 3110 Kisumu 40100
Deadline: 30th December, 2011
Department: Human resources Department
Reports to: Human Resources Director
Responsible for (Direct reports): HR assistant
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
To originate and lead Human Resources practices and objectives that provides an employee-oriented high performance culture.
This role also ensures that the organisation recruits and continuously develops a superior workforce that is empowered to achieve organsational goals.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Develops and implements HR management policies and procedures
- Monitors HR activities and practices to ensure compliance.
- Recruits and inducts new staff on proper instructions regarding their duties and terms of employment.
- Co-ordinates the performance management process and related functions
- Manages staff relations matters and advices managers and supervisors on labour laws and related market practices so as to ensure a harmonious work environment.
- Integrates staff into ongoing change management and performance improvement.
- Provides effective counselling to staff on career advancement, development needs and learning possibilities.
- Acts as the trust secretary for the staff provident fund
- Oversees office administration including licensing, insurance and immigration
- Manages health administration and health providers on behalf of employees
- Ensure a minimal employee turnover
- Ensure quality recruiting
- Ensure employees motivation and empowerment
- Ensure effective and continuous training and development
- Employee staffing report
- Employee satisfaction report
- Leave reports
- Staff training and development report
- Leadership and succession planning report
- Employee performance report
Academic: Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or Social Science with a postgraduate Diploma in HR management
Professional: Membership in Human Resource Management body
Specialist knowledge required:
- Working knowledge of HRMIS
- Knowledge of current labor laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Analytical and strategic abilities
- Ability to manage complex priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
LVBC Secretariat hereby invites applications from suitably qualified citizens of East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda) for the following vacant position.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Reports to: Regional Project Coordinator – LVEMP II
Organ/Institution: Lake Victoria Basin Commission
Duration of Contract: 2 Years
Station: LVBC Secretariat Headquarters, Kisumu, Kenya
Main Purpose of the Job:
Under the supervision of the Regional Project Coordinator, the M&E Specialist will be responsible for guiding the overall M&E strategy, development and implementation of the M&E system, as well as providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders.
This entails close communication with all those involved in M&E aspects of project implementation including project M&E staff in Partner States, other implementing institutions, and M&E-related missions by the World Bank and other partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in development of the LVBC and LVEMP II Result-Based System;
- Guide the overall M&E strategy, development and implementation of the LVBC/LVEMP II M&E system;
- Develop clear and user friendly M&E Framework and monitoring tools for LVBC/LVEMP II;
- Coordinate project M&E staff in Partner States and Implementing Institutions to ensure effective use of the LVBC/LVEMP II RBS and Tools;
- Support and participate in World Bank Supervision missions, evaluation missions and other related missions and activities;
- Ensure timely submission of reports from Partner States and other Implementing Partners and compile the Regional Project Reports;
- Guide the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff, implementing partners and other stakeholders;
- As a member of the LVBC Secretariat M&E Team, Provide M&E support to LVBC Projects and Programs;
- Contribute to the preparation of the Commissions reports, analysis of projects’ and other ad hoc reports, and preparation of management briefs outlining progress, performance and trends towards achieving set targets;
- Carryout any other duties as assigned by the Management.
- Have at least a Master’s degree in Environmental related studies, Development Studies, or other relevant project-related field;
- Professional qualifications in planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of environment and natural resources management programs/projects.
- Use of WB procedures and monitoring framework
- The Results Based Management approach and other strategic planning approaches;
- Trend analysis and report writing.
How to apply
Application accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of certificates, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) should be sent to the undersigned.
Applications may be sent by post office, deposited at LVBC Secretariat Office at the address below, or by email in word or PDF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be submitted no later than 13th January 2012.
The Executive Secretary,
Lake Victoria Basin Commission Secretariat,
P. O. Box 1510, 40100
Tel +254 57 202 387/894
Fax +254 27 202 6324
The East African Community is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We shall only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
DATER INSURANCE HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT JOB IN KENYA 2012
Job: Human Resource Assistant – Payroll
Category: Human Capital Management
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources and Recruitment & Compensation
the purpose of this job is to ensure accurate and timely processing of payrolls in accordance with statutory regulations.
The main responsibilities in this role include to:
Managing the payroll data system
Review wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
Monthly processing of payroll
Processing statutory deduction that is NSSF, PAYE and NHIF plus anyother deduction that is being effected e.g. pension, loan repayments, etc.
Process employee advances and paybacks
Record and process any absences that may affect payroll
Manage additions and deletions to the payroll in strict compliance with company rules and regulations
Any other duties assigned
Required Qualities – The ideal candidate will:
Demonstrate the ability to work independently, under pressure, and ensure timely coordination and delivery of demanding priorities.
Demonstrate the ability to deal sensitively with people at all levels.
Have a proven ability to plan and organize themselves and their work to deliver outcomes within stipulated time frames.
Be innovative, enthusiastic and energetic
Required Skills – The ideal candidate will:
Have good communication and interpersonal skills
Have proven ability to interpret and apply the Employment and Labour Laws
Be highly organised, paying close attention to detail and have effective time management skills
Have well-developed communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills including the ability to liaise with individuals at all levels in a variety of contexts.
Have excellent report writing and presentation skills.
Job Requirements: – The successful candidates will have:
A Degree in Human Resource or a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management.
Computer skills especially in analysis tools including use of a payroll and human resource information system.
Hard copy applications are strongly discouraged.
Only applications made through the DaterInsurance corporate website will be considered.
Canvassing in any way will lead to immediate dissmisal.
If you are interested in the position and have the skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please click the following link to apply for a job:
will be assessed on a continuous basis. Closing date for receiving
applications is 16th December 2011, on or before 16.00hrs.
DaterInsurance is an equal opportunity employer and a highly competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate, including superior work benefits.
Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.