Posts Tagged “jobs in kenya march 2012”
Mercy Corps National Bunge Association Conference Rapporteurs Jobs in Kenya 2012
5 Rapporteurs National Bunge Association Conference, Yes Youth Can National
The core of this program is a Youth Innovate for Change Fund (YICF), which will be a youth-owned, youth-led and youth-managed financial facility to support local solutions for community economic development as it grows in value.
This program aims to appropriately empower Kenyan youth (15-35yrs) to strengthen their socio-economic and political stakes through youth-led and managed initiatives and institutions.
The YICF will in the first three years provide sustainable financial and skills development assistance to approximately 200,000 youth through a variety of youth-identified social and economic community development projects.
Program / Department Summary:
Yes Youth Can, funded by USAID, endeavors to empower Kenya’s youth in new and meaningful ways.
Yes Youth Can is an unprecedented program that puts youth truly in the lead of their own and Kenya’s development.
The core of the program is that it is:
- Youth-led: Youth ideas, local knowledge and innovations drive the process.
- Youth-managed: Youth implement program elements (grants, investments, Youth Bunges, research) while leveraging mentoring and coaching.
- Youth-owned: Youth are in control of all decisions within the institutional structures as a result of fair democratic elections, using a bottom up, localized demand approach.
Through this process, youth will recognize that they are in charge of transforming their society and will become catalysts for development in their communities. Such an approach to youth development programming has the ability to change the paradigm for youth programming both in Kenya and around the world.
The Yes Youth Can initiative comprises five implementing partners in six regions of Kenya as well as the national partner (Yes Youth Can National), Mercy Corps. Yes Youth Can National comprises four entities: a youth trust, a youth sustainable development think tank, a youth non-governmental organization to disburse community grants, and finally Tahidi Youth Fund to manage innovative micro and SME venture capital to youth enterprises.
General Consultancy Summary:
The Lead Rapporteur will be responsible for overseeing the Collection, compilation, editing and report writing of the output and ongoings from the County Bunge Forum conference, The rapporteur will work closely with the leadership program manager, Lead rapporteur and the conference organizing team. The consultancy engagement is for 5 days.
Essential Consultancy Areas:
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Compile the output of sessions allocated to them
- Ensure all details pertaining to the on goings of the sessions allocated in the conference are well captured and recorded
- Note all interesting occurrences during the formal and informal sessions of the conference
- Ensure that all the output of sessions is Compiled
- Compile a detailed report of the sessions covered at the conference
- Have a Degree/Diploma Linguistics, Education, Social sciences or related field
- At least two (1) years relevant work experience.
- Practical experience with Desktop Publishing Software
- Critical thinking, problem solving and good judgment skills.
- Excellent typing skills
- Must have proven track record of work ethics and productivity and be passionate about details.
- Experience in organizing and writing, editing and producing technical reports and presentations.
- Have a passion for writing and good grammar
- Kiswahili, Kenyan Sheng and English language fluency required.
The successful individual will have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate an ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff.
S/he will be able to productively work as a member of an overall project team and as an individual.
S/he will have a commitment to staff and program to produce artworks in a timely and a creative manner.
The candidate will be required to present a comprehensive portfolio of their previous work.
The successful Rapporteurs will also be able to prioritize and multi-task for the timely completion of deliverables.
Reports Directly To: Leadership program manager, Yes Youth Can National
Works Directly With: The Lead Rapporteur
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience
Should submit on or before 23rd March 2012, at 2.00 p.m. a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three professional references (including a recent supervisor) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must clearly indicate on the email subject; “Rapporteur National Bunge Association Conference, Yes Youth Can National”
Applications without this subject heading will be disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
(ONLY Qualified short-listed candidates will be contacted)
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
GOAL Reproductive Health Officer Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Duration: 1 year
Location: Based in Nairobi with travel to field sites as required
Supervisor: Health Coordinator
GOAL has been implementing health and HIV activities in Nairobi for over 10 years and in the recent years the programme approach has changed from direct service delivery to working through local partners.
GOAL works in a variety of informal settlements in Nairobi and targets its health activities toward those living with HIV and vulnerable youth.
GOAL is developing its health strategic plan for the next 5 years (2012-2015) based on lessons learnt over the past few years to clearly identify current priority health needs in these communities.
To date much of the focus has been on support to those affected by HIV and working with vulnerable youth. GOAL is currently implementing its work via local partners and MoH in selected public health facilities in informal settlements.
The population of Nairobi is increasing dramatically primarily in the informal settlements as people leave the rural areas in increasing numbers due to the increasing drought of recent years and rising food prices.
In the informal settlements, urban food insecurity, high levels of child mortality (particularly in children < 2 years), chronic child under nutrition, early onset of first pregnancy in young women/girls as well as the risk of STIs and HIV are just some of the complex challenges.
General Description of the Role:
The Reproductive Health Officer will coordinate and facilitate the integration of sexual and reproductive health issues in to GOALs current health approaches with a particular focus on current HIV/Youth Work Activities.
The RH Officer will also liaise closely with the MOPHS and work together to support the delivery of services at Level One Facilities as per the community strategy guidelines in the areas of RH/FP/MNCH. The Reproductive Health Officer will report directly to the Health Coordinator.
Ensure implementation of Reproductive Health (RH) strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that the RH health needs of women, girls, men and boys are fully integrated in to the GOAL Kenya Health Program and our work with partner organisations
- Forge strategic partnerships with government and non-governmental organizations in Nairobi to in order to promote greater access to RH services particularly for vulnerable youths
- Act as the technical focal/resource point for GOAL Kenya (GK) and other partners working in the field of health. Coordinate assessments, planning, implementation and evaluation of innovative RH interventions in community settings
- Ensure that GOALs health program is working to improve quality and scale up of RH services including support for postnatal contraception counseling particularly for youths (female and male)
- In liaison with the MOPHS work together to support the delivery of services at Level One Facilities as per the community strategy guidelines in the areas of RH
- Plan and prepare proposals for potential program/donor funding and/or contribute to health program proposal development as well as budgeting
- Conduct situational analysis on unmet needs in Reproductive Health particularly amongst vulnerable youth in target communities and work with the rest of the health team to design and implement innovation approaches to address these
- Ensure that all RH Documentation is accurate and up to date, including partner notification, testing and treatment records also ensure that GOAL staff and partners have access to and are complying with the latest MoH best practice RH Guidelines
- Ensure that there is community advocacy mobilization being conducted by partners to support the uptake of RH services
- Prepare manuals, visual aids, course outlines, as required which are in line with national guidelines and best practice for use by GOAL staff and partners
- Ensure planning and preparation of monthly and quarterly activities and reports
- Ensure that the specific RH needs of young people with HIV are being adequately addressed within GOALs current and planned health activities
- A first degree in B.Sc Nursing/Social Sciences or any relevant field of study from a reputable college
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience desired in areas of public health, sexual health, or sexuality.
- Experience in planning, providing and coordinating sexual and reproductive health projects and trainings a plus
- Extensive knowledge of MOPHS/MOMS core function and systems
- Experience working with MOPHS/MOMS systems and personnel
- Familiarity with the MOPHS community health strategy
- Current knowledge in the field of HIV/AIDS and maternal newborn and child health including antenatal care, family planning, PMTCT, and emergency maternal and newborn care, etc.
- Ability to develop BCC materials
- Experience working in both hospital and community settings is an advantage
- Displays cultural, gender, religion and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Must be a team player and demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to work independently under multidisciplinary team, handle multiple functions, work under pressure and shoulder heavy workload
- Ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently and observe confidentiality
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information and best practices from within and outside organization
- Pursues own personal and professional development.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Mobile Application Developer Job Vacancy 2012
We are a fast-growing company which needs to be forward thinking in the market to meet the growing challenges of expansion and success.
In order to improve the quality of our work both in the local and international market we are now looking for highly skilled technician with an expertise in Ruby on Rails and web technologies.
The candidates will be responsible for developing new mobile application e.g. Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry and iPhone.
- Understanding of Web technologies
- Highly proficient with Ruby on Rails (a must have) in mobile phone App development
- Experience with web development either from previous work experience or as an internship: We will ask for code snippet from a previous work experience, from an open source project or from any other sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong work ethic and a can do attitude
- Agile approach to problem solving
- Eye for detail
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to seeing tasks through to completion
- Self-starter: take initiative, drive consensus
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their cover Letter, CV, academic qualifications and samples of previous work done to email@example.com
Recruitment of a research firm to undertake the FinScope Survey 2012 in Rwanda
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) is a fund initially sponsored by DFID and the World Bank. Other sponsors are likely to join in coming months.
The overall aim of AFR is to help more people and small businesses achieve greater and more effective access to a deeper financial system in Rwanda.
AFR will fund a wide variety of initiatives and investments in the financial sector using grants, loans, subordinated debt and other instruments. In pursuit of its objectives, the AFR is undertaking the initiative and is funding the second FinScope survey in Rwanda.
FinScope is a nationally representative survey that looks at how individuals generate money and how they manage their financial lives. As such, FinScope measures the extent to which different financial services and products are used, by whom and what obstacles are faced by individuals who do not use financial services and products. The first FinScope survey in Rwanda was conducted in 2008.
AFR intends to hire a research firm capable of undertaking FinScope 2012. The firm should have relevant experience undertaking national surveys in the financial sector in the East Africa region and preferably in Rwanda. Experience in the coordination of financial sector related surveys in Rwanda or the region would be a distinct advantage.
AFR now invites Expression of Interest (EoI) from research firms to undertake this assignment.
The EoI should state the experience, capabilities and resources of the applicant, taking into account:
- Experience and performance undertaking similar contracts within the country, region or internationally
- Qualifications and experience of key personnel expected to be deployed in managing the survey
- The available capacity to undertake the assignment between March and September 2012
- Representation in Rwanda or the region to implement the survey
- If necessary, teaming up with a Rwandan entity with the capacity to carry out the enumeration
- Financial capability to perform the proposed project
If your firm meets the above expectations and you would like to be selected for this shortlist of firms to bid, please contact Mr. Vianney Kagabo at AFR (email firstname.lastname@example.org) for detailed ToR.
Then submit your EoI the same email no later than 20th March 2012.
EoIs submitted after this date will not be considered.
AFR will only contact those firms shortlisted.
Marketing Manager, Workshop Manager, Lathe Machine Operator and Technician Jobs in Kenya 2012
A highly esteemed motor dealer company is looking for persons to fill the following vacancies:
1. Marketing Manager
This person should have a degree in marketing or other fields related to the marketing concept.
They should have working experience of 5 years in this field.
They should have excellent managerial skills which includes their ability to meet deadlines on time.
Great communication and persuasive skills are also required.
2. Workshop Manager
This person should have a degree in automotive engineering or a related field.
This person should also have working experience of 5 years in the field.
The person should have great leadership skills which shall be highly demanded in our busy premise.
They should have vast knowledge of the motor industry.
Good communication skills shall also be highly required.
3. Lathe Machine Operator
This position is to be filled by a person who holds a diploma or a certificate in this field.
They should have full knowledge of vehicles and be willing to adapt to new systems.
This person should be a certificate or a diploma holder of mechanical studies.
They should also have knowledge of issues that deal with warranty.
P.O. Box 18882-00500,
All applicants are advised to send their C.V.’s before 5th March 2012.
Qualified candidates will be notified via their mobile phone numbers.
Food for the Hungry Senior Nurse Job in Marsabit Kenya 2012
Both organizations have established a comprehensive care centre in Marsabit – Tumaini Medical Centre that is giving care and treatment to PLWHIV while offering affordable medical services to general population in Marsabit.
Through this partnership CCSMKE seeks to fill in the following vacant positions in Tumaini clinic.
Position: Senior Nurse
To be based in Marsabit
Contract Period: One Year Contract (Renewable)
Duties: Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the Senior Nurse is expected to carry out the following duties among others:
- Supervise the nursing team
- Ensure the provision of HIV/AIDS services at CCC setup are done as per national guidelines
- In the absence of the Clinic Manager take lead in management
- Plan and lead the clinic team in carrying out outreaches in rural Marsabit communities
- Compiling Clinic reports
- Represent the Clinic in District Health Forums
- Nursing Officer and above
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in a CCC set up
- Basic training in HIV Management
- Trained as a VCT Counselor
- Computer knowledge will be an added advantage
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, updated CV with three referees (clearly indicating their current or expected salary), day telephone contacts to:
Human Resources Manager,
P.O Box 14978 – 00800
or email address email@example.com.
Closing date is 9th March, 2012.
Short listing will be done as CVs are received.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KENET Network Engineer and Graduate Trainees Jobs in Kenya 2012
KENET is the National Research and Education Network (NREN) of Kenya and partners with licensed telecommunications operators to provide Internet services and connectivity to public and private universities and other tertiary educational and research institutions in Kenya.
It also conducts ICT in education research and innovative learning technologies in collaboration with faculty and students in member institutions.
KENET currently operates a national private broadband IP network connecting over 91 campuses in different parts of Kenya, including all of the major private and public universities. KENET peers directly with European Research and Education (GEANT) through the Africa regional Research and Education Network, UbuntuNet Alliance.
KENET operates a network operations center and two data centers that provides shared and hosting services to member institutions.
The focus of KENET in the strategic plan period is to use the shared infrastructure established to support member institutions that aim to transform teaching learning, research and promote innovations in education and content development.
KENET is therefore seeking to fill the following positions:
1. Network Engineer
This position reports to the Head of Infrastructure and will join the team with the responsibility for design, implementation and maintenance of the broadband KENETIP network that connects member institutions.
The candidate must be capable of working to accomplish both short term and long-term goals.
Suitable candidates will be expected to have the following qualifications and experience:
- An undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from a recognized university with advanced knowledge in networking.
- Network certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCIP or CCNP, CCIE) or advanced networking degree will be an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience as a network engineer or equivalent in an organization with a large IP network, ISP or telecom operator.
- Good background understanding and knowledge of network management software systems and their interaction/integration with network elements
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated high ethical and moral standards
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the position will be offered to the successful candidate.
2. Graduate Trainees
KENET invites suitable recent university graduates to apply for a new one-year Graduate Trainee program at KENET that aims to develop high-end ICT talent in the areas of network applications, operations and engineering.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an intensive one-year on the job training in ICT Infrastructure operation and management for a period of 12 months.
Applicants must be degree holders from recognised universities in the following fields
- B.Sc. in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Information systems
- Must have (or expecting) Upper 2nd class honours & above qualification or its equivalent.
- Must have graduated in the last one calendar year or expect to graduate this year.
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills in English language
- Demonstrated high moral and ethical standards
This position shall be on a fixed one year contract term. At the end of one year, candidate will be given an opportunity to join KENET on a full-time basis as network engineers/administrators or applications developers depending on the availability of suitable positions.
KENET is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director
Kenya Education Network Trust (KENET)
P.O. Box 30244, 00100
not later than March 7, 2012.
Applications should be accompanied by copies of secondary and university degree certificates, up to date CV showing current or past gross monthly salary (where applicable), names and addresses of two (2) referees, a cover letter written in essay style, and day-time telephone contact.
E-mail applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include scanned copies of the certificates and sent as an attachment.
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks from close of advert.
Accountant jobs vacancy kenya 2012
- Should have knowledge in closure of Accounts, preparation of Profit & Loss Account and Balance Sheet.
- Should have hands on experience in product costing and analysis of variances.
- Should be able to handle fixed assets accounting and custodianship.
- Should have knowledge of VAT related matters.
- Should be able to handle accounts as per IFRS
- Should be able to manage current Assets – Receivables and Inventory effectively
- Should look beyond numbers by providing insight and relating numbers with Business to add value to the business.
- 2- 3 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is a must.
- Must be aged between 26 to 30 years
- A graduate with a relevant Business Degree plus CPA (K)
- High proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work in a team
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before Monday 20th Feb 2012.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
Business Relations Officer Job in Kenya 2012
- Kenyan citizen between 25-40 years of age.
- Degree in Co-operative Business, B-COM (Micro finance) or Diploma in Micro-finance or Cooperative with 2 years experience.
- Able to communicate in both local and National languages with good reporting and communication skills.
Interested candidates to send application together with CV, certificates and testimonials to reach the undersigned by 2nd February 2012.
DNA No. 1207
P.O Box 49010 – 00100,