Posts Tagged “jobs in kenya government 2012”
PSI/Kenya works with the commercial, non profit and public sectors to increase access to these products and services to low income and vulnerable populations.
We seek to enlist the services of a distribution agency with capacity, experience and expertise in servicing the rural and peri-urban retail trade with a view to improving distribution in a pilot scheme over a period of six months. Coverage will be in 33 Counties in Nyanza, North Rift, South Rift, Coast and Mountain regions.
Interested bidders may obtain tender documents from Supply Chain Department upon payment of a non-refundable fee of KSh.3, 000/= in bankers cheque payable to Population Services International/ Kenya
Bidders should note that only those meeting the criteria indicated below as minimum and supported by relevant documents at submission will be considered for further evaluation.
- Proof of work of similar magnitude undertaken in the last three years
- A bid bond of Ksh. 100,000 from a reputable bank
- Demonstrate adequate personnel and equipment for the specified work
- Proof of sound financial standing
- Provision of copies for statutory requirements (Tax compliance, PIN etc).
Duly completed tender documents should be addressed to:
Supply Chain Director
Population Services International, Kenya
P. O. Box 22591-00400
Job Title : Indirect Sales Representative
Company Orange Telkom
Department Business Market
Job Type Full-Time
Job Status Sourcing
Salary Range Per Month
Shift 8 AM to 5 PM
Minimum Education University – Undergraduate
Degree Title Degree preferable in Business Studies
No of Jobs 1
Minimum Exerience 2 Year (2 year experience in customer service, sales management or trade execution preferably within FMCG Environment)
Job Duration Permanent
Start Publishing 10-01-2012
Stop Publishing 20-01-2012
Job Title : Indirect Sales Representative
Location : Telkom Kenya, Nairobi
Department : Mass Market & Customer Care/
Sub-department: Mass Market/ Indirect Sales department
Reports to : Area Manager
Direct Subordinates: None
1. Indirect generation of sales revenue through effective management of Telkom Kenya’s partners in the assigned area. This by ensuring availability of the company’s products and services in the area at all times and effectively aligning partners to meet the retail market objectives
2. To promote Orange product and services, to identify customer needs and propose best solutions.
1. Grow Sales within the Area by developing innovative ways of increasing/growing airtime sales at the Point of Purchase; Value added services and connections by ensuring availability of the company products at all times within the area of Accountability.
2. Generating and analyzing qualitative performance of the business
3. General business analysis (monitoring & reviewing) on quantitative performance of various channels as well as revenue streams.
Distribution – Effective implementation of distribution strategy in the trade to achieve availability and grow sales within the assigned area.
Sales Targets – Achievement of the Area’s Monthly, Quarterly, Semi Annually or Annual sales targets.
Routines and Processes – Ensure internal collaboration, team work development and implementation of key Management and sales routines.
Development of sales programs – Prepare, plan and execute Area Sales programs aimed at market penetration, availability of the company products and services at all time.
Branding – Ensure shops are well branded according to Telkom Kenya and Orange brand guidelines in order to create awareness & ensure that stores are well stocked and sell at recommended sales prices.
Education Background & Experience:
* First Degree preferable in Business Studies e.g. BCom degree – marketing option
* 2 year experience in customer service, sales management or trade execution preferably within FMCG Environment
* Good knowledge of modern communication techniques: mobile fax, data transmissions, WAP, GPRS
* Very good knowledge of different handsets and their performances
* Interest for new mobile technology, awareness of this specific market
* Fluency in English
* Good PC skills and internet user skills
* Representing/Selling the company products to dealers, retailers
* Implementing/Coordinating sales initiatives
* Influencing/Advising customers on company products & services
* Problem solving/Designing solutions to sales related issues arising in the course of work to the satisfaction of customers.
* Planning route plans, sales promos & initiatives.
* Decision regarding the sales activities within the assigned area.
* Motivating Dealers, Distributors, Alternative Channels & Retailers to double their efforts to improve sales
* Reviewing/Evaluating sales progress against set plans.
* Public Relations/Developing relationships through managing relationship with dealers, Distributors, Alternative Channels, Retailers & Customers
* Proved selling skills
* Positive & pro-active attitude, showing genuine interest for customer problems
* Eager to solve queries
* Basic presentation skills and persuasion skills
* Hard-working, able to cope with pressure
* Enthusiastic, flexible and spontaneous
* Fast learner
* Smart appearance
* Strong commercial and communication negotiation experience
* Has initiative and self drive
* Capacity to propose solutions, make advices, convince
* Work integrity and correctness
* Continuous adaptation to new techniques and technologies
* Initiative and analytic mind
* Listening ability to make proper decisions
* Confident, independent and mature, to handle difficult issues swiftly
* Strong Communication and Presentation skills
* A team Player and information sharing spirit
* Applicants must upload a PDF or Ms Word copy of his / her CV to be considered.
* If you do not hear from Human Resources by 27th January 2012, kindly consider your application unsuccessful
How to Apply:
Service Industry Supervisors Jobs in Nairobi Kenya 2012
- Aggressively achieve monthly revenue targets
- Maintain good customer care and public relations
- Ensuring timely production and delivery
- Management of retail outlets/shops under the production unit
- Ensuring that the company’s set quality standard is maintained
- Coordinate with the Human Resources Manager in regards to personnel issues
- Able to demonstrate past success in achieving revenue targets
- Ability to Work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- well organized and highly motivated individuals
- Proven leadership qualities
Interested candidates should email a detailed CV with telephone number and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Supervisors”.
The application deadline is 25th January, 2012.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Graphic Design Intern and Web Developer / Designer Intern Jobs in Kenya 2012
Graphic Design Intern
This professional will perform all aspects of Graphics Design and Print Graphics.
Duties and Responsibilities
A qualified candidate will have the following responsibilities:-
- Design develop, and produce art work for a wide variety of marketing materials
- Develop, design, and produce displays for meetings, presentations, trade shows, and other events
- Create illustrations and logos
- Perform photography work (graphic design, events, etc.) for publication in newsletters or inclusion in reports
- Monitor all stages of production to complete projects (design the work and incorporate others’ ideas)
- Coordinate all aspects of producing marketing materials
- Advice and consult with vendors (photo labs, photographers, printers, etc.)
- Assist in the planning and development of advertising/promotional campaigns/strategies
- Design and edit newsletters for internal and external use
- Use computerized graphic software to produce final product
- Work in conjunction with others to complete projects.
The incumbent will poses the following knowledge and expertise
- Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or 1 year of relevant work experience
- Must have a passion for graphics
- Must have exposure to design and print publishing.
- Should be experienced in photography and its technical elements
- Should be able to handle image editing and manipulation with ease
- Skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. CorelDraw will be a bonus.
- Good inter-personal & communication skills
- Must have high integrity
Primary purpose and function of the role
We are looking for a web designer/developer intern to work on the production process of dynamic and static websites.
Responsibilities include creative page layouts, content formatting, CSS creation, HTML files converted from Photoshop documents, design custom graphics, QA, and launch web projects within a team setting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development process from design through completion
- Work hands on in the development of web applications (ActionScript/Flash/XML/CSS/HTML)
- To design websites that are visually effective and are easy to use
- Will spear head interned Ad campaigns to include E-newsletters, Emails, Banner Ads, Animations and special effects
- Will advice and recommend clients on web related concerns
- Knowledge and experience with SEO
- Will develop and manage the company website to suit the current trends and market needs
- Develop and manage the company’s intranet that will provide accurate and immediate source of information to all employees
- At least 1 year experience in developing and designing rich media websites
- Advanced experience in CSS and XML
- Advanced experience in Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Must have exposure to online marketing and design
- Strong organizational skills and Time management
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Must have high integrity
Qualified candidates should submit their portfolio and applications by email (Cover letters and CV’s as one document- not separate attachment) to:- email@example.com
Reservation Officer Job in Nakuru Kenya 2012
A Reservation Officer is urgently needed to be based in Nakuru
Preferred candidate: Female
Deadline: 20th January 2012
Salary gross of 50,000/- TO 70,000/-
Please send an up to date CV, stating your current salary, accompanied by at least 3 referee telephone numbers/email addresses to
Summit recruitment & Training,
Rhino House, Karen Road, Karen
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please indicate in your email which position you are interested in.