Posts Tagged “job vacancies in kenya airways 2012”
Technical Behavior Change Jobs at FHI 360 in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Technical Officer-Behavior Change Communication
Req ID: 2623
Job Title: Technical Officer, Behavior Change Communication
Reports To: Senior Technical Officer
Location: APHIAplus NAL Project (Lodwar)
To provide technical support to implement high quality Health Communication strategies and testing for prevention of public health diseases including HIV transmission among the general population and key target groups who may engage in high-risk sexual activities in APHIAplus NAL supported districts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide technical assistance to local implementing partners in the design and implementation of health promotion activities targeting local communities
2. Develop strategies and tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
3. Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings for decision making.
4. Develops and oversees detailed work plans and budgets for implementing partners
5. Provides technical guidance on health communication interventions and community mobilization, including development of messages, materials and mass media programs.
6. Participate in the process of contracting health communication staff, consultants and partners, as appropriate.
7. Monitors ongoing health communication BCC interventions to ensure that activities are on schedule, meet program quality criteria, and yield expected results.
8. Develops excellent working relationships with all critical stakeholders, share information as relevant, and build and promote better working and synergies between activities, partners and the different components of the project.
9. Develops lessons learned from programs and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
10. Represents the project at professional meetings and conferences
11. Maintains close liaison with partners working in the field of behavior change communication in APHIAplus NAL region.
12. Participate in the compilation and dissemination of project quarter, semi-annual report.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Good knowledge and experience in BCC related to HIV/AIDS, reproduction health, family planning, public health, and/or social science research health programs in developing countries.
2. Is informed on current program developments in health communication area of expertise by review of current literature.
3. Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political and ethical issues in assigned technical areas.
4. Has knowledge of evaluation methodologies to judge effectiveness of technical assistance efforts and programs.
5. Proven skills in management and leadership
6. Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
7. Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
8. 8. Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite.
9. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple staff, implementing partners and volunteers.
10. Demonstrated skills in managing complex BCC/community programs, including experience in training, community mobilization, advocacy, materials development, mass media projects and research.
11. Strong organizational and administrative skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including report writing.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
§ BS/BA in public health or related field, and 7-9 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS or family planning with international development programs or
§ Advanced degree with 5-7 years relevant experience in public health, communication, marketing, social science or related discipline.
§ Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing behavior change communication and/or social marketing projects, with responsibility for providing strategic direction and managing staff/funds.
How to Apply:
Deadline:24th April 2012
Impact Marketing Kenya Ltd Front Office Receptionist Job in Kenya 2012
The Receptionist will be responsible to the Admin Manager for‐
- Overseeing all aspects of office management and activity coordination.
- Answering telephone, screen and direct calls, taking and relaying messages and providing information to callers
- Ensuring that in‐bound and out‐bound correspondence and related documents are effectively circulated and properly managed
- Accepting and dispatching packages by courier or regular mail.
- Preparing draft responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries
- Performing general clerical duties including basic bookkeeping, photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Filing and retrieving organizational documents, project records and reports
- Arranging for the repair and maintenance of office equipment.
- Supervising cleaning of office premises
- Maintaining the Editor’s/ CEO’s diary
- Maintaining confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
- Setting up and coordinating staff meetings, attending meetings and recording minutes
- Typing and processing various documents, as and when required.
- Maintaining and update correspondents in a contacts database
- Creating and maintaining good relationships with the Council’s clients.
- Undertaking other such duties as may be required from time to time.
- At least KCSE C or KCE Div. III or an equivalent qualification with a credit in English Language
- Full certification in office secretarial work
- Should have certificates in and be able to use Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Data Base Management packages
- At least three years recent experience as Secretary in a busy office environment