Posts Tagged “iebckenya”
Technobrain Personal Assistant (PA) / Executive Secretary Job Vacancy 2012
- Coordination of events & meetings
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Ability to work multiple tasks and complete on time.
- Organizing travel and preparing complex travel itineraries,
-Reporting to the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills and must be fluent in local language Swahili and English.
- Knowledge of IT will be an added advantage.
- Experience in a fast paced IT or Tech firm is a advantage.
- Working Knowledge MS Office skills, Outlook/Excel/PPt
- Should be efficient, self-motivated organized, a good communicator, IT literate.
Experience: 4 – 5 years
Note: CV’s to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
icipe Field Assistant Job at Thomas Odhiambo Campus Mbita, South Nyanza april 2012
- Assist in rearing and maintenance of mosquito colonies.
- Assist in sampling mosquitoes in the field.
- Exposure/working experience on malaria or other vector-borne diseases research.
- Experience in insect rearing, preferably mosquitoes.
- Experience in field entomological studies (e.g., sampling and morphological identification of insects).
- Knowledge of handling Anopheles mosquitoes would be an advantage.
- Diploma in applied biology/medical lab technology etc.
- At least 1 year’s working experience.
Applications will be accepted up to 14th April 2012.
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Please send an application with current remuneration package, and a detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including telephone, e-mail and fax numbers), to:
icipe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited Jobs Vacancies 2012
Job Title: Shift Engineer Mechanical
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Job Role: To effectively co-ordinate and control operations and maintenance activities for a shift and ensure the achievement of set targets.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To operate mills efficiently and safely to attain set milling targets.
To operate boilers efficiently and safely to generate adequate quantity of good quality steam to run the factory.
To carry out repairs on the broken down equipment during the shift to minimize factory downtime.
To take custody of various tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair work.
To conduct equipment inspections during the run and recommend to the E.M. for jobs to be done during weekly maintenance.
To liaise with the Shift Superintendent to ensure that the process house gets adequate steam and power.
To liaise with the Cane-yard in-charge to ensure availability of cane and bagasse handling equipment.
To assess plant breakdowns and seek timely assistance from Senior Staff On-Call.
To write shift performance reports.
Qualifications and Experience
Must be registered with ERB
Basic understanding of welding, fitting, fabrication and machine maintenance
Bsc (Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent from a recognized institution
Good communication and report writing skills.
A minimum of 3 years relevant experience of which 3 years must be in Management position
Previous experience in sugar industry will be an added advantage.
Aged: between 28-40 years
How to Apply:
Applicants interested in the above position should send their curriculum vitae, 2 passport size photographs, academic and professional qualifications, copy of the identification card together with the mobile/day time telephone contacts so as to reach the under mentioned on or before 18th April 2012.
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 285
9001:2008 ISO Certified Company
Deadline: 18th April 2012
Merlin Medical Superintendent Job in Pibor County Jonglei State South Sudan 2012
It is currently seeking to employ a Health professional for the following position:
Job Title: Medical Superintendent
Location of Work: Pibor County, Jonglei State, Boma PHCC+ /Hospital
Line Manager: Senior Health Coordinator
Staff Directly Supervised: Hospital Technical and Administrative staff
Relationships Internally: Senior Health Coordinator/Facility Management Team, Merlin Boma Project Staff
Relationships Externally: County Health Department, Village Health Committee, Other INGOs, UN organizations (WFP, UNICEF, WHO)
Over all Objective of the position
The Medical superintendent will be based in Boma PHCC+/Hospital Pibor County and have overall responsibility for managing the facility in collaboration with the Senior Health Coordinator and Project Coordinator.
He/she will ensure that the facility is managed according to MOH guidelines and Merlin Internal procedures.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for delivery of quality secondary and primary heath care at Boma PHCC+
- Oversee the work of medical staff to ensure that patients receive high-quality service
- Formulate internal procedures with which subordinates must comply when performing tasks.
- Participate in review of treatment protocols and ensure adherence at all levels in the facility with MOH standards
- Together with Senior Health Coordinator and Project Coordinator responsible for selection and recruitment of all hospital/facility personnel
- Supervise activities of the hospital administrator, the pharmacy technologist/technician, laboratory technician, nutrition officer and heads of departments
- Ensure medical waste management and infection control practices and protocols are adhered to in all departments.
- Conduct appraisal of subordinate staff directly supervised
- Overall responsibility for discipline of all facility staff
- Responsible for quantification of needs and ordering of all medical drugs and consumables
- Chair regular meetings of facility management and head of departments
- Ensure that monthly and weekly activity and administrative reports (including Epidemiological, DHIS, Reproductive Health and Nutrition) are submitted in a timely manner to the Senior Health coordinator, Country Health Director and County Health Department.
- Participate in data analysis and interpretation.
- Lead and participate in clinical activities including OPD consultations, ward rounds, and surgical interventions.
- Participate in conducting of needs assessments, studies and surveys.
- Together with Senior Health Coordinator organize capacity building sessions through mentoring, coaching, in-service trainings and CMEs.
- Participate in drawing work plans, preparation of project proposals and mid-term reviews with the aim of improving delivery of health care services in the catchment community.
- To carry out any other responsibility as assigned by immediate supervisor
- To be flexible as required
- To be accountable ,give feedback and information on any ongoing tasks as required by his/her supervisor(s)
- Qualified Medical Doctor with surgical skills with at least 5 years of post internship clinical and hospital management experience.
- Registered with Medical Council/Medical Board
- Experience working in Southern Sudan desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of a local language is an added advantage.
- Diplomatic with excellent communication and management skills
- Previous experience in staff supervision, coaching and training in hospital set up
- Previous experience in similar position –added advantage
- Ability to analyze and interpret health data and write concise reports
- Good computer skills-MS Word, MS Excel and Power Point Presentations.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 02nd April, 2012.
Applications should be sent to the following by e-mail: email@example.com and copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short-listed on a regular basis.
Merlin South Sudan Programme is an equal opportunities employer.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here