Posts Tagged “iebc voter registration 2012”
Mercy Corps Administration & Logistics Officer Job for Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyanza Kenya 2012
The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
General Position Summary:
The Administration and logistics officer is responsible for facilitating the administration and logistics functions at Mercy Corps field offices. Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance the Administration and Logistics Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for operations functions at the field office as follows:
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Ensure full understanding and adherence to MC procurement policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations
- Maintain up to date Mercy Corps Procurement data management system.
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program & operations Manager;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Ensure proper asset management; maintain proper and updated asset register with clear asset identification tags.
- General management of agency vehicles in co-operation with the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
- Collecting and distributing of vehicle log-sheets to drivers; responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs.
- Maintain vehicle board daily.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles. Maintain service schedule files.
- Collect Vehicle Service Requests from drivers. Submit VSR-s to the Operations Manager for approval
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport and security
- Ensure good general office management
- Ensure adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by MC staff. Provide training and guidance to MC staff, as needed.
- Prepare, update and track needed changes in staff files including timesheets, leave system tracking, and other personnel matters as required.
- Manage and renew office and house/apartment rental agreements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing systems for office correspondence.
- Ensure that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Purchase of office supplies.
- Co-ordinate any other necessary administrative and office management details including the maintenance of the premises.
- Preparing comprehensive, accurate and timely monthly reports.
The Administration & /Logistics Officer will oversee/manage the Office Assistant & Drivers and ensuring that all technical, administrative and management systems and standards agreed upon for the agency is adhered to
Accountable for following Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, Administration manual, the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager
Works Directly With: Program, Logistics Team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired or advanced diploma in Business Administration or supply chain management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supply chain management; Office administration or experience in related field.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not to delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement and administration ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
“Application for the position of Administration & Logistics Officer
Sales Executive Job in Kenya may 2012
Reporting To : Sales Manager
- Achieve set sales target continuously
- Research, Identify and secure new clients or marketing opportunities from the assigned region
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Maintain all clients through proactive communication with the client and ensuring that all queries, complains are promptly attended to
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential customers
- Making quotations to potential customers and ensuring Accounts are paid or settled on time and in full by the existing customers
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly sales activities and or visits and presenting them to the project manager or Sales manager .
- Give daily reports and weekly progress to the project manager and human resource manager
- Analyzing the market environment i.e. analyzing other competitor’s prices, the amount of demand and supply in the market.
- Giving feedback to the management and advising accordingly.
- Any other duties assigned by the management.
- A minimum of degree level in marketing field.
- Over 3-5 years experience as sales person in motor vehicle industry is a requirement.
- Proven truck record as sales executive.
- Aged 28 years and above
- Fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
- Should have good knowledge of motor vehicle market in Kenya and its region.
On or before 5th May 2012 only qualified candidates are advised to apply, on the subject line indicate Sales Executive.