Posts Tagged “iebc jobs kenya”
Mercy Corps Administration & Logistics Officer Job for Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyanza Kenya 2012
The Operations Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the operations functions.
General Position Summary:
The Administration and logistics officer is responsible for facilitating the administration and logistics functions at Mercy Corps field offices. Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance the Administration and Logistics Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for operations functions at the field office as follows:
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Ensure full understanding and adherence to MC procurement policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations
- Maintain up to date Mercy Corps Procurement data management system.
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program & operations Manager;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Ensure proper asset management; maintain proper and updated asset register with clear asset identification tags.
- General management of agency vehicles in co-operation with the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
- Collecting and distributing of vehicle log-sheets to drivers; responsible for monthly compilation and submission of log-sheets.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs.
- Maintain vehicle board daily.
- Oversee fuel consumption purchase and tracking including coordination with gas station(s)
- Organize regular service schedules for vehicles. Maintain service schedule files.
- Collect Vehicle Service Requests from drivers. Submit VSR-s to the Operations Manager for approval
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency supplies, etc.
- Ensure that security incident reports are completed and filed (if related to vehicles).
- Ensure proper management and coordination of staff travel arrangements including transport and security
- Ensure good general office management
- Ensure adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by MC staff. Provide training and guidance to MC staff, as needed.
- Prepare, update and track needed changes in staff files including timesheets, leave system tracking, and other personnel matters as required.
- Manage and renew office and house/apartment rental agreements.
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing systems for office correspondence.
- Ensure that the office is run in a professional and responsible manner including hosting guests, cleaning, receptionist duties and general contact and liaison with outside agencies.
- Purchase of office supplies.
- Co-ordinate any other necessary administrative and office management details including the maintenance of the premises.
- Preparing comprehensive, accurate and timely monthly reports.
The Administration & /Logistics Officer will oversee/manage the Office Assistant & Drivers and ensuring that all technical, administrative and management systems and standards agreed upon for the agency is adhered to
Accountable for following Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, Administration manual, the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager
Works Directly With: Program, Logistics Team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in a relevant business field is desired or advanced diploma in Business Administration or supply chain management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supply chain management; Office administration or experience in related field.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Good computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not to delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement and administration ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
- Good spoken and written English
- Computer literate and strong organizational skills.
“Application for the position of Administration & Logistics Officer
Plan Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Advisor Job in Kenya 2012
Plan is an international humanitarian child centered community development organization, without religious, political or government affiliation.
Plan is committed to protecting and promoting child rights and to improving the lives and futures of poor children, their families and communities through a child-centered community development approach.
Plan is seeking to recruit a Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Advisor.
The successful candidate will be required to provide strategic leadership, advice and support for innovative Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs and engages with various key duty bearers to contribute towards promotion of improved service delivery to right holders.
The post holder will also be specifically involved in providing technical advice and support to Plan and other organizations on Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS)
- Participate and contribute regularly through sharing of best practices and Plan Kenya experiences in the Inter Agency Coordinating Committee (ICC) in general, and in particular, the Sanitation Technical Working Group and Hygiene Technical Working Group, WESCORD (Water and Environmental Sanitation Coordination Working Group and other WASH related networks.
- Participate in the Water Sector Reform Platforms and provide information to PUs on the GOK and bilateral financing opportunities.
- Identify and promote innovative approaches to WASH within Plan and with other key partners.
- Support documentation and sharing of experiences from innovative WASH programs.
- Provide periodic strategic technical advice and support to PUs and ensure quality programming in WASH
- Provide guidance in the design and implementation of WASH baselines, Monitoring and Evaluation activities at Country and PU levels;
- Participate in Plan WASH network platforms at national, regional and global levels;
- Capacity Building for Plan Kenya staff and Partners in WASH areas of need in line with the new CSP
- Provide leadership in the CLTS Unit and be a resource in responding to client needs training, research, M&E and documentation within Kenya and the region.
- Effective follow-up and support of CLTS activities at PU level – with staff and natural leaders
- Preparation of grant concept papers and proposals
- Representation in associated learning and other events
- Support implementation of grant funded projects (i.e. the NLNO grant – Empowering Self- Help of Rural and Peri-Urban Communities and schools; WSI/AusAid ANO – Improving Community WASH in Kilifi, ACP-EU Water Facility – Improving Access to Water and Sanitation in Matungulu and Masinga Districts, etc,.) according to plans and budgets
- Participation in national, regional and international conferences, workshops and other events and networks on WASH
- Participation in agreed research and associated documentation
- Maintain effective networking with the Plan PU Health and WASH focal points, the line Ministry of Water and Irrigation and Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation and key NGOs as well as other stakeholders.
- Masters degree in Environmental Health and Sanitation/Public Health or equivalent;
- A registered engineer with recognized body e.g Institute of Engineering in Kenya;
- Experience in CLTS and participatory approaches to community development;
- 3 to 5 years experience in participatory program design and monitoring & evaluation;
- Experience in rural/community water supply engineering/community water supply and sanitation marketing and technology development is desirable;
- Experience in partnership management and networking.
Accordingly, employment is subject to our child protection standards including appropriate background checks and adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
If you meet the requirements for the above position and would like to be a part of it in our commitment to children, please send a detailed and updated curriculum vitae, current remuneration and contacts of three professional references, including you current/latest line manager to jobs.plankenya@plan–international.org to be received by latest 18th April 2012.
Your email should bear the job title of the position you are applying for as the subject “WASH ADVISOR”.
You are invited to read more about Plan in our website www.plan-international.org.
We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Sacred Training Institute Principal and Lecturer Vacancies in nairobi Kenya
Sacred Training Institute is a Tertiary Training college registered by the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, and validated by the Commission for Higher Education (CHE). The college has campuses at Siritanyi in Bungoma and Veteran house, Moi Ave, Nairobi.
The college offers Diploma and Certificate courses in collaboration with Moi University, KNEC and Chepkoilel University College.
In order to fulfill our mandate, grow student numbers and improve management efficiencies, the college wishes to recruit full time high caliber staff in the following areas for our Siritanyi Campus in Bungoma:
Who must posses a Bachelors Degree in Agriculture, Business Management or Social Sciences, should have at least 5 – 10 years administrative experience in a college setting, be computer literate, mature, have a hands on approach, team player and dynamic. Should be willing to live and work around Bungoma town and be over 35 years of age.
Lecturer – Agriculture
Must posses a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related subject with interest in sustainable Agriculture and farm management. He or she will also work as the farm manager for the institute and must be computer literate. Should have 2-3 years teaching/farm management experience at college level.
Lecturer – English
Must posses a Bachelor of Education (Arts) in English and Geography or Music. Should have 2 – 3 years of teaching experience at college level, and be computer literate.
All applications should state the position being applied for, salary expectations, a reliable email address, mobile phone number, detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of two referees. Individuals appointed into these positions shall be given 3 year contracts which shall be renewed depending on performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your application to:
The Director, Sacred Training Institute,
P.O. Box 2275-50200,
So as to reach us by 14th April 2012.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here