Posts Tagged “Human Resource Jobs in Kenya 2012”
ICT Assistant Jobs at Kenya Film Commission in Kenya 2012
Job Title: ICT Assistant
Terms of Service: Temporary
Job Summary: Responsible for ICT Management and assisting in implementation of ICT programs in the organization.
Reporting: The job holder reports to the ICT Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
Oversee the documentation and tracking of all ICT assets within the Commission
Ensure provision of the support for technical operation of the Commission’s office automation applications for various functions including Human Resources/Administration, Finance/Accounts, Marketing/Film Industry Development, Legal and Internal Audit.
Ensure timely and accurate website updates and management to operationalize the ecommerce platform
Installation on new versions of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user programs in its functioning; and manage the office multi-user computer network
Ensure that all computers systems are working properly i.e. both hard ware and software.
Minimum Job Requirements
Degree/Diploma in Information Technology with three years experience in ICT for Degree Holder and 5 years experience for Diploma Holder
Certification and experience in Joomla Content Management System
Experience in Window Server 2003, MS Office 2007 and 2010
Experience in Ms SQL 2008 and Ms Exchange 2007
Experience in ERP (Navision) an added Advantage
How to Apply:
Please send your application and a detailed CV with two (2) referees indicating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact; including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, to reach the undersigned before or on 2nd July 2012:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission, Lenana Rd, Jumuia Place.
P. O. Box 76417-00508, Nairobi Kenya
Deadline: 2nd July 2012
Road Construction Company Jobs in Kenya: Operations Manager, Foreman, Civil Engineer, Technical Manager and Drivers 2012
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a startup revolutionizing education across Africa with a truly unique business model. The company has launched a large-scale franchise-like network of ultra low-cost for-profit private primary schools across Africa.
Our schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $5 per child per month, enabling local school managers to operate their school businesses profitably, while creating a highly successful business at the central level. We now have 60 schools in Kenya, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students.
About this position
Bridge International has developed an extremely detailed and rigorous instructional approach to enable a broad group of potential teachers from local slum neighbourhoods to be extremely effective in the classroom. Our teachers come to us with a minimum of secondary school certificates, some with and some without previous teaching experience.
The Training Facilitator is responsible for facilitating and implementing an intensive 7 week training program designed to develop strong future teachers. The Training Facilitator position requires a team player with initiative, problem solving skills and enthusiasm for teaching. Training occurs in a very fast-paced environment and requires a dedicated Training Facilitator. This is a long term position.
There is a very rigorous interview process for communication skills, including reading and presentation skills, clear writing skills, and leadership qualities. We seek a candidate who can add value to our management-level team. We are hiring for a three month contract followed by a permanent contract offer to the right candidate.
- Provide daily training and facilitation, according to detailed guidelines and session scripts created to train new teachers, who will work in challenging settings.
- Follow a highly scripted facilitation approach.
- Must be skilful in managing large groups of people.
- Work within a team to make improvements to presentations.
- Meet with senior trainers to share results and feedback from daily presentations.
- Record individual scores for trainees as they teach sample lessons.
- Create daily and weekly reports for supervisors on training progress.
- Evaluate trainees’ performance using their scores on tests and activities.
- Must have experience facilitating training sessions, preferably for groups of 50 or more participants.
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and integrity in speech and behaviour.
- Outgoing, energetic and friendly personality who is able to manage stress well.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be comfortable giving and receiving detailed feedback in order to improve performance.
- Must be highly self-directed and highly motivated to excel
- Experience teaching is an advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Must be willing to travel and work Saturdays.
Deadline for Applications: 1st Feb, 2011
How to Apply
You can apply and view detailed job requisitions on the Careers Page at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
SOS Children’s Villages International Human Resource Assistant Job in Kenya 2012
We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect.
With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children.
SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
The Human Resource Assistant is expected to assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The person will be based in Nairobi with occasional travels to Somalia and Somaliland.
Qualities & Key competencies:
- Excellent communication, organizational & administrative skills & abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oratory & solid writing skills
- A keen listener, team builder and a great motivator with a capacity to live and work in a culturally diverse atmosphere
- Good communicator & demonstrate ability to mix with people of various ages
- A stickler for discipline, moral uprightness and dialogue
- Strong mediation skills – in case of conflicts with/among staff
- Ability to professionally handle social and emotional issues
- Ability to establish interpersonal relationships; patient, tolerant, A team player
- First degree in Social Science
- Good computer knowledge, especially common word-processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- At least 3 years working experience in an NGO
- Experience of working in a multi- cultural environment
- Ample practical experience in methods & techniques in working with adults & motivate them to express their feelings & allow personal growth
- Ability to closely monitor labour legislation on statutory deduction.
If you fit the above profile, please apply by sending a detailed cover letter, CV, scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates, daytime contact, and three referees to the Human Resource Department on firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for receiving applications will be 23rd January 2012.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.