Posts Tagged “graduate trainee jobs in kenya 2012”
Human Resource Officer Jobs at World Agroforestry Centre in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Employer: World Agroforestry Centre
Application deadline: 1 week 2 hours 26 minutes
About the organization
The World Agroforestry Centre is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about us, visit our website: www.worldagroforesgtry.org
World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is recruiting for the positions of Human Resources Officer to be based at its headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. The position will report to the Human Resources Specialist.
The role will be to provide HR administrative and operational support within the HRU and frontline customer service to all ICRAF staff and Hosted Institutions that require access to HRU services. The successful applicant’s duties will include supporting the HR Specialist in the provision of an employee-oriented quality service in the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. With specific tasks being:
• Workforce planning
• Job evaluation
• Support sourcing and Selection Logistics
• Preparation of Appointment letters/contracts
• On boarding of new staff
• Administration of probation evaluation process
• Administration of employee Separation
Qualifications and experience
First degree in HRM, or business management/ business administration. A diploma in HRM is of an added advantage.
At least 5 years’ experience in HR work and 3 of these being in recruitment.
IT competent in MS Office and email and internet utility
Solid experience with Human Resource Management Information System
Ability to demonstrate strong planning, tracking, administrative, written and oral skills
A professional and flexible approach to work, with the ability to prioritise.
Experience of delivering strong customer service with ability to identify client needs for appropriate solutions
Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural, environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity and teams
Terms of offer
We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This position is remunerated on local terms. The appointment will be for an initial period of three (3) years, subject to a six (6) months’ probation period.
How to apply
A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position, and your salary expectations.
Detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae.
The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone numbers and email addresses, and fax details, if available.
Address these to:
The Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), P.O Box 30677, 00100, Nairobi, Kenya OR send via email to: email@example.com. Indicate “Application for a Human Resources Officer” on the application letter. Applications will be considered until 04 July 2012. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th July 2012
Pathfinder International M&E Specialist Job in Mombasa, Kenya 2012
Pathfinder International (PI) is an international non-profit organization that is dedicated to supporting high-quality comprehensive reproductive health services in Kenya.
- Reporting to the M&E Advisor, the position will support the design and implementation of M&E systems and activities within the project including strategies, plans, indicators; data collection and information management tools and training;
- quality assurance mechanisms; and related budgeting tasks;
- Develop and support project evaluations, including data collection design, tools, and implementation; data analysis and qualitative assessments; team guidance and mentoring;
- collaborative development and oral and written presentation of findings and recommendations; and supports all members of the M&E Team, including strengthening team member skills and practices. The position will also mentor, coach, and train program and project field staff who have M&E responsibilities.
- S/he will assist project staff and partners in data collection, analysis, and presentation, including leading the design and operationalization of systems and tools.
- The role will work closely with MoH/MoPHS counterparts and prepare regular reports for USAID.
- S/he will also design and conduct operations research, and participate in project midterm and final evaluations, and oversee M&E staff.
- This position will work as part of the PI’s strategy to support a culture and practice of reliable planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER) in Kenya.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitatively-related social science, medicine, epidemiology, or related field with 5-10 years’ experience working in M&E for Population-Health and Environment (PHE)/international development programs, and particular significant M&E field experience in SRH&R/HIV and AIDS Linkages and Integration.
- Significant experience in developing and utilizing monitoring and evaluation systems for large scale health sector related integrated health programs, preferably USAID-funded.
- Demonstrated ability in working collaboratively with and building the capacity of national, regional and district level government partners, NGOs, FBOs and other institutional partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Kenyan health system at the national, regional and district levels and experience in scaling-up institutional capacities for planning and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to translate and communicate research findings to policy makers, program managers, donors and other stakeholders.
- Design and implementation of program M&E systems; development and field-≠testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators; data collection design and implementation (routine or survey); data analysis, synthesis, and communication of results; applied evaluation or research skills, including statistical analysis; M&E ≠related information and communication technologies;
- Detailed knowledge of log frame and results framework project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation methodologies and the ability to coach and train others in their use; significant experience supervising needs assessments and surveys, and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience in social research methodologies, including highly-developed analytical and communication skills and the ability to assimilate and process information for wide-ranging audiences.
- Excellent management and organizational skills suitable for a complex environment with multiple competing priorities, short deadlines, and performance pressure; ability to manage several major multidimensional activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience with USG and other donors’ M&E approaches, current tools, practices, and expectations for program results and reporting
- Knowledge of data analysis software (e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS Epi Info, ENA for SMART) and basic computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) is required;
- Strong capacity to handle complex tasks independently, multi task and prioritize, and meet multiple deadlines on time; ability to work in a stressful environment and remote areas with limited access to basic facilities.
Fundraising Director Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
A high-growth social enterprise based in Nairobi is looking for a motivated, professional Fundraising Director to secure donor funding for economic development and agricultural livelihood programs and research in rural communities.
- Develop a pipeline of strategic funding proposals and achieve monthly targets for submissions and approvals.
- Maintain a list with the requirements and formats of different donors with respect to sectors, priorities, guidelines and what budget lines are fundable.
- Manage time frame and submission deadlines for the relevant donors.
- Identify new sources of funding via list serves, internet searches, and networking, and proactively create opportunities to secure program funding and consultancy work.
- Represent organization to potential donors at forums and events, and coordinate and encourage donor visits to field programs.
- Manage and support program teams, developing budgets and writing proposals.
- Develop highly successful donor relationships.
- 3 years economic development or agriculture fundraising experience working within or securing funds from complex institutional funders, foundations and corporate.
- Previous experience with the organizational structure of NGOs, charitable foundations, or bilateral development agencies.
- Familiarity with requirements of key livelihood donors and capacity to work in a multi-donor environment.
- Good program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and consistent documents including log frames.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present effectively to decision makers.
- Experience with strategic planning, project management and financial planning.
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to manage budgets and use Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to develop strong working relationships with funders.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Program Director Jobs at African Wildlife Foundation in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Program Director Conservation Enterprise, Nairobi
Closing Date: Friday, 27 April 2012
This position will provide the vision and intellectual capital needed to achieve sustainable conservation outcomes through commercial activity.
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been an important player in African conservation and sustainable development. As a key strategy for creating sustainable conservation outcomes, AWF regularly engages in social enterprise ventures across all of its African Heartlands. These ventures create partnerships between communities and the private sector, and model how triple bottom line projects should work – profitable business ventures, economic development for communities, and legally binding conservation covenants. Collectively, AWF’s enterprise ventures represent millions of dollars of investment and span a range of sectors including conservation tourism, livestock management, agricultural production and marketing, and fisheries management.
DUTIES AND CONTEXT
The Program Director will report directly to AWF’s President, and serve as a member of AWF’s senior program leadership team. S/he will form a strategic vision for furthering AWF’s conservation mission through opportunities created by commercial activity. In addition to expanding AWF’s portfolio of successful enterprises in the tourism sector, the Program Director will work to grow AWF’s impact in other critical sectors such as agriculture and livestock. S/he will also play an important role in expanding AWF’s geographic presence. On an annual basis, the Program Director will help to identify conservation goals around which AWF’s efforts will be focused. S/he will ensure that enterprises are designed to be both commercially viable and deliver on AWF’s desired conservation outcomes. The Program Director will oversee AWF’s conservation enterprise team to ensure they are following best practices and delivering excellent enterprise projects within AWF’s conservation landscapes.
This will be a highly visible position and so the Program Director must be seen as a subject-matter expert in the field of social enterprise as applied in the context of African conservation. S/he will have the ability and necessary private sector contacts to identify and develop enterprise opportunities across a variety of geographies and sectors. The Program Director must be a visionary who is able to position AWF as the go-to organization for effective conservation-based social enterprises in Africa.
10+ Years of Experience. MBA or Related Masters. Proven Entrepreneur. Natural Leader. Project Management. Cultural Sensitivity. Financial Acumen. Negotiation Expertise. Business Development. Passion for Conservation. Tourism Experience Preferred. Superb English. French Preferred.
COMPENSATION Highly Competitive
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “PD-CE”. Applications will be kept in strict confidence.
Please use your cover letter to summarize a vision for utilizing social enterprise to further AWF’s mission.
National Gender and Equality Commission Deputy Commission Secretary, HR Manager, Finance Manager, Programme Officer and HR Officer Jobs in Kenya 2012
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Commission, we are seeking to recruit suitably qualified and highly committed individuals to fill the following positions within the Commission.
1. Deputy Commission Secretary
One (1) Post
Reporting to the Commission Secretary/Chief Executive officer, the Deputy Commission Secretary shall be responsible for development and implementation of strategic plans, strategies, policies and work plans in order to achieve the vision, mission and mandate of the Commission
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide leadership to a team of Programme Officers so as to achieve the mandate of the Commission
- To develop and implement the strategic plan, policies, strategies, work plans and budget of the Commission
- To coordinate the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the various programmes of the Commission
- To ensure the implementation of a result based management process so as to monitor key result areas and outcomes both internally and externally
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Masters Degree or its equivalent
- At least ten (10) years working experience in leadership position at senior management level in a public service or private sector organization
- Demonstrated commitment to Gender and Equality issues
- Knowledge of gender and development and implementation of strategic plans, policies, strategies, work plan and budgets
- Has strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation as well as financial management skills
- Meets the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Demonstrates good understanding of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
- Demonstrates good understanding of the social, political and economic situation in Kenya
- A creative and astute planner, innovative in workflow design and management
- Effective communicator with excellent negotiation and people leadership skills
One (1) Post
Reporting to the Commission Secretary/CEO, Human Resource and Administration Manager
will be the head of Human Resource and Administration Department and will be responsible
for driving the Human Resource strategy and ensuring operational efficiency and delivery of
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all recruitment matters, promotions, remuneration, staff training and development, staff welfare, industrial relation matters and performance management
- Ensuring proper design and maintenance of Human Resources Information Systems
- Managing the Human Resource function through effective teamwork
- Ensuring regular review of terms and conditions of service for staff
- Ensuring professional career planning and succession management
- Overseeing management of administration services, namely office services, registry services, management of assets and other allied functions
- Provision and design of appropriate human resources management and administrative policies, procedures and processes to ensure that they are compliant with labour laws
- Ensuring high standards of discipline among staff and that disciplinary procedures are applied uniformly and fairly
- Ensuring proper implementation for staff retirement and pension schemes
- Payroll management and performance management
- Planning, organization, administration and control of activities of Human Resource Department
- Implementation of Human Resources Policies, rules and regulations
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized University
- Masters Degree in Human Resources Management or its equivalent
- CPS (K) or its equivalent
- Must have at least five (5) years working experience in Human Resource Management at a Senior Management level
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in leadership and management at senior level
- Excellent communication skills and computer literacy
One (1) Post
Reporting to the Commission Secretary/CEO the Finance Manager will be responsible for designing, planning and coordination of all aspects of financial management of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, design and coordinate all aspects of financial management of the Commission
- To manage the implementation of sound financial and accounting control systems and procedures in accordance with the standing financial instructions approved by the Board
- To advise the Commission Secretary/Chief Executive Officer and the Board on the financial plan including preparation of estimates of income and additional sources of revenue
- To put in place systems for control of expenditure and development of capital plan in accordance with strategic plan
- To prepare financial information including the establishment and maintenance of effective control systems for preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management and consolidated accounts for the Commission
- To maintain good working relationships with financial institutions and banks
- Prepare financial statements, government and donor financial reports
- Coordination of the external audit
- Supervision of accounts support staff
- B.Com (Accounting Option) or its equivalent from a recognized University
- MBA or its equivalent
- CPA(K) or its equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years experience of proven track record in accounting and financial management systems in public and private institutions or donor funded programs
- Proven ability to mentor, motivate and work as part of a team
- Should have good knowledge and understanding of Computerized Accounting System
Four (4) Posts
Reporting to the Deputy Commission Secretary, the Programme Officer will be responsible
for the preparation and implementation of workplans in order to achieve the mission of the
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and implement workplans
- Prepare proposals for sourcing funds;
- Prepare budget proposals for the implementation of annual workplans;
- Facilitate and establish strategic linkages with development partners and stakeholders;
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports;
- Organize workshops, conferences and seminars; and
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of Commission programmes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences and a Masters Degree in Gender and Development or any other relevant field from a recognized University;
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in a senior management position in the field of gender, human rights, development and governance;
- Demonstrate a thorough and comprehensive understanding of gender issues and knowledge of project design and development;
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate.
One (1) Post
Reporting to the Human Resource and Administration Manager, the successful candidate shall perform the following functions among other duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure proper maintenance of Human Resource records
- Administration of employee benefits as per Commission Policy
- Processing of employees claims
- Ensuring that employees queries are attended to promptly and appropriate advice and guidance given on Human Resource issues
- Ensure recruitment and induction of new employees is done as per approved Commission procedures
- Implementation of approved disciplinary policy
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management from a recognized University
- At least three (3) years work experience in a busy Human Resource Department
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Highly effective planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a positive attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages
- CPS II
- Knowledge of relevant HRMIS is an added advantage
Applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of Certificates, present salary, expected salary, names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to: -
National Gender and Equality Commission
P O Box 27512 – 00506
so as to reach him not later than Thursday 5th April, 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Forecast and Planning Manager Job in Kenya 2012
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies was conceived in 2007 out of the belief that giving every child access to a high quality education would have the greatest impact on reducing poverty worldwide.
With that guiding insight, Bridge International developed a strategy that would enable it to launch a large-scale network of high-quality, ultra low-cost, for-profit primary schools.
Operating a network of schools supported by a strong central headquarters gives Bridge International the scale, experience, and capacity to invest in systems of management, support, training, and innovation that allows individual schools to dramatically increase their effectiveness.
Using this model, Bridge International is able to profitably deliver high-quality education for $4 per child per month. This ensures that its academies will continue to successfully serve its communities as long as parents value the educational service provided.
The first Bridge International Academy launched successfully in Kenya in 2009 and 60 academies will be operating in Kenya in January 2012. Through rapid and strategic expansion, Bridge International will provide a quality education to over a million students in the coming years.
About this position:
To direct the income forecasting, modeling, and profitability measurement and tracking functions of the school operations, to produce regular management and executive management analysis, forecasts, and profitability tracking reporting and well as actively participating in the development of the institution’s strategic plans, financial goals, and development strategies.
Responsibilities (Functions and duties)
- Responsible for delivering efficient and integrated contact centre solutions that meet the current and future needs of the company.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasting leading to provision of head count requirements within the operation.
- Effectively manage a team and provide technical expertise to the planning team.
- Execute the forecasting and inventory planning process which entails consolidating customer forecasts, project forecast inputs and demand history to generate a rolling 12 month shipment forecast for all equipment and supplies in order to determine target inventory levels, and develop a purchasing forecast for all supplies.
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of a comprehensive financial forecasting process using the QRM Balance Sheet Management system (QRM).
- Manages and directs the production of multiple financial forecasts and what-if income sensitivity analyses; analyzes corporate and service-level performance against management objectives and goals; effectively presents and explains results to senior management.
- Manages the design, development, and implementation of an effective service profitability measurement process
- Identifies and develops studies that focus management’s attention on the most significant elements of risks to earnings in the financial forecasts and formulate strategy recommendations for senior management
- Participates in the monitoring of losses and helps to recommend and implement changes to the risk forecasting/measurement process within the Company
- Directs the analysis of the income impact of new capital/liquidity rules and regulations
- Responsible for management guidance, oversight, and on-going training and development of direct staff members.
- Keeps informed of new ideas and developments through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other financial institutions.
- Remains abreast of regulatory developments, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) pronouncements, and best practices within the risk management industry.
- Coordinates with Senior Management, Supervisors, and staff in all functional areas in the accomplishment of assigned duties.
- Leads departmental projects as requested by Head of Department and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Planning and Forecasting Analyses Reports
- Income Forecasts
- Profitability and Loss Tracking Reports
- Seven (7) years experience in a similar Forecasting and Planning Manager capacity in a fast-moving, multi-product environment
- Must have led planning teams in the past
- Must have a degree in supply chain, industrial engineering, finance, economics, mathematics, or another quantitative discipline and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- A masters degree in Business, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering shall be an added advantage
Specialist knowledge required:
- Forecasting – Demand: Knowledge of demand forecasting and inventory management techniques, processes and best practices.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/reorder levels. Knowledge of asset management procedures, policies and information used to optimize inventory levels and/or fill rates (e.g., balance inventory levels against inventory carrying costs).
- Supply Chain: Knowledge of elements that make up the supply chain and the interrelationship between these elements. Ability to manage and execute strategies across the supply chain to reduce costs and gain efficiencies in the completion of a quality finished good. Ability to analyze, balance, synchronize and synergize all internal and external resources and assets to ensure the progress and ultimate completion of a finished good.
- CCR Processes: Knowledge of CCR processes (e.g., fulfillment, settlement and purchase orders). Knowledge of specific supply chain process design standards and operating methods (e.g., packaging equipment, service and installation, order management). Knowledge of the impact, interdependencies and relationships that each function within the supply chain has on each of the other functions.
- Process Improvement: Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement. Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve current state.
- Information Systems: Knowledge and use of existing CCR Technical Information Systems (e.g., JDE, DBS, SAP, Intranet) to generate necessary data. Ability to access, analyze and utilize information in a manner that adds value to the Company. Ability to propose system enhancements based on business needs.
- Computer Modeling: Knowledge of statistical and mathematical computer programs and modeling techniques. Ability to apply and analyze large amounts of data for developing projections and estimates (e.g., transportation routings, supplier optimization, review of reactive mechanical service records).
- Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier. Ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics. Ability to measure against those standards. Ability to communicate performance standards and metrics.
- Logistics Management: Ability to strategically align distribution processes to fulfill customer requirements (e.g., configuration of supply chain). Basic knowledge of supply chain integration, logistics network designs, transportation management and warehouse management best practices. Knowledge of geography for use in logistics and transportation decision- making.
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and implement rapid changes in project direction.
- Ability to condense highly technical subject matter into clear and effective communications to Senior Management.
- Razor-sharp analytical skills, especially the ability to identify trends and drawing conclusions from vast amounts of data
- Intellectual curiosity
- Self-starter, a quick learner with very strong analytical thinking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to communicate complex ideas concisely
- Active listening
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving/decision making
- Planning and organizing skills
- Information gathering and interpretation skills
- Decision making and judgement skills
- People management skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Marketer and Graphic Designer Jobs in Kenya 2012
Lucrative position for a marketing executive to sell Exhibition space for SME 2012 @ 15% commission only.
Caliber of person needed: Aggressive, Proactive, Eloquent Speaker.
2 months probation,full time employment with attractive salary & commission after results.
- Diploma in graphic design
- Come with already done websites
- 2 months probation,full time employment with attractive salary & commission after results.
Closing date: 10th Feb 2012
Steel Industry Internal Auditor Job in Kenya 2012
Company Profile: Our client is a manufacturer in the steel industry.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Plans and executes various financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with accepted professional standards in order to determine compliance with Company policies and accounting & other procedures and adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
Also performs audits of information systems and related processes & reviews related security policies and procedures
- Plans and conducts audits for areas within the organization
- Individual is responsible for detailed audit work and related documentation, including all work papers and audit reports for assigned areas.
- Areas covered include portfolio management, interest rate risk management, asset liability management, capital allocation, securitization, and liquidity funding. Individual must be a thought leader in promoting and influencing sound risk management practices with business partners.
- Review and Implement Internal Controls
- Review of accounting and operational policies, systems and procedures internal Audits for all operations.
- Perform specific audit procedures and prepare work-papers documenting the audit procedures performed.
- Send alerts on system deviations, correction notifications & update database of checks made
- Follow-up to determine adequacy of corrective actions.
- Provide assistance to external auditors as requested.
- Special studies and projects as may be assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of operating activities of Manufacturing companies
- Sound technical knowledge of Accounting software
- Computer Literacy
- Nosey”; good people management skills; aggressive, but diplomatic; good communication skills, verbal & written; and task & solution oriented
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Internal Auditing preferably in a manufacturing company
- Demonstrate abilities and experience in Report writing and analytical thinking;
To apply for this position send your CV to email@example.com quoting the position in the subject line and preferred location.
Kindly also mention your current/ last salary and benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Independent Medico-Legal Unit Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Location: Nairobi with some travel
Position reports to: Program Officer – Legal Redress and Training
Duration: 1 year renewable based on performance
Purpose of the Job / Job Profile
Reporting to the Legal Redress and Training Officer, the incumbent is responsible for assisting the Legal Redress and Training Officer in provision of legal services to clients, management of trainings, policy and legislative development and community outreach initiatives.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Provide of legal advice and assistance to clients
- Manage the client in-take process including conducting the screening of cases, taking witness statements and written consents
- Accompany torture victims to police stations to lodge formal complaints, record statements and follow up of their cases.
- Provide legal guidance in fact-finding missions and field investigations
- Maintain and update legal information in client files and client case database by use of an effective and efficient bring-up system
- Post and retrieve of cash bail on behalf of clients.
- Procure legal precedents, legal proceedings, rulings and judgments
- Follow-up of litigation cases with the clients and the contracted network lawyers
- Assist in conducting legal research and drafting of legal opinions
- Provide legal support in community outreach and advocacy initiatives
- Supervise legal interns and law students attached to the organization
- Assist in the development of programme work plans and budgets
- Assist in fundraising for the programme
- Prepare reports on client cases and the programme activities for internal processes and donor requirements.
- Regular reporting on relevant programme activities
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Program Officer and/or the Executive Director
- An LL.B degree with at least one year experience in the Human Rights field or A Diploma in Law with at least five years of working experience in Human Rights.
- Demonstrable understanding of and commitment to human rights, social justice and change
- Ability to conduct effective legal investigations and documentation of Human Rights violations
- Ability to work effectively with communities in the prevention and response to Human Rights violations.
- Good command of English and Kiswahili languages
- Self-motivated, committed to human rights, organized and able to function well under pressure.
- Must be willing to take the initiative and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to appreciate, respect and promote gender and women’s rights both at the work place and in programme/project work;
- Experience in writing project proposals, reports and policy briefs;
- Ability to work in a diverse team and offer leadership;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as IT competency.
If you believe you have the talent we are looking for, have passion and commitment to human rights and your experience and qualification matches the above, you are invited to send your application letter and CV, including your current salary, expected remuneration, three professional referees and day time telephone contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter ASSISTANT LEGAL REDRESS AND TRAINING OFFICER by 4 pm, Monday 23rd January 2012.
Note: We will only receive email copies, only successful candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
IMLU is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other ground for discrimination.