Posts Tagged “gis kenya jobs 2012”
Finlays Supply Chain Manager (Tea Extracts) Job in Kericho, Kenya 2012
Finlays is a vertically integrated and geographically diversified agri-business that takes a leadership role in sustainability.
The group has established itself as a reliable, responsible, innovative and sustainable producer with a deep knowledge and passion for its products. Sustainability is pivotal to the group’s success and it lies at the heart of what Finlays does and stands for.
Finlays is Kenya’s largest agricultural export group employing over 22,000 people and annually exporting over 300 million stems of flowers, 7 million kilos of vegetables, 26 million kilos of black tea and 3 million kilos of tea extract.
The organisation is geographically located in Nairobi, Naivasha, Kericho, Mt. Kenya and Mombasa and works with 1,200 vegetable out growers and 10,000 tea out growers.
A vacancy has arisen for a supply chain professional who is a dynamic and self focused self starter with a passion for excellence, customers, people development and quality products.
The position is based at our Tea Extracts operation located in Kericho, Kenya.
Tea Extracts Kenya is part of the global Finlays Tea Solutions business.
Reporting to the General Manager – Tea Extracts Kenya, the successful candidate will work as an integral part of the tea extracts team and strategically deliver a high level of supply chain performance so that it is efficient, cost effective and ensures the best quality and highest value to
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- ensuring optimal availability of production materials including green leaf from tea estates and packaging materials from suppliers;
- managing finished goods including storage and shipment to customers;
- effective management of supply and logistics contracts such as those covering haulage to port, freight forwarding and storage;
- ensuring the best practice and cost effective supply chain policies, processes and systems exist including those relating to inventory management, planning and scheduling and materials requirement planning;
- maintaining high standards of discipline in regard to HACCP, GMP and Health and Safety requirements throughout the supply chain;
- ensuring working capital optimization through management of inventory levels;
- coordinating with customers with regard to product availability, packaging and shipping schedules to achieve flawless documentation and execution to the satisfaction of all customers;
- supervision and development of supply chain staff and effective teamwork within and outside the department;
- responsibility for developing and achieving supply chain key performance indicators in areas of supplier performance, customer service, consumer complaints, product distribution and cost control; and
- achieving continuous improvement throughout the supply chain.
The ideal candidate must possess the qualifications / competencies outlined below.
- Should be a graduate in a supply chain/business/logistics related discipline;
- Five years demonstrable experience, devising and implementing supply chain strategy, preferably within a large company.
- Depth of skill including problem solving and experience should ensure that sound people, line management and functional competence can be taken for granted;
- Self driven, reliant and motivated, being energetic and positive in outlook with hands on approach to see things through to completion;
- Highly numerate and computer literate;
- Experience in handling and planning across a multi-site operation with good project management and preferably lean manufacturing knowledge;
- Able to structure a plan, marshal resources, work as a team and deliver on commitments; and
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills: persuasive and with the gravitas to gain senior management confidence.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV with a covering letter to the
Human Resources Director,
P.O. Box 10222, Nairobi 00400.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to reach not later than 20th April 2012.
Those applicants who will not have heard from us by 1 May 2012 should consider their applications unsuccessful.