Posts Tagged “embassy jobs in kenya”
Nairobi Women’s Hospital Chief of Medical Services Job in Kenya 2012
Chief of Medical Services
- Leading and managing the strategy formulation and implementation in the area of medical services in the hospital;
- Providing leadership in formulating, implement and monitoring clinical policies, protocol and standards to foster appropriate and consistent patient care;
- Spearheading the development and implementation of capacity building initiatives for medical services personnel including training, staff induction and clinical research activities;
- Engaging with doctors for issuance and management of admission rights in line with hospital policies and procedures;
- Working closely with hospital leadership to enhance the hospital relationship with medical officers, registrars, consultants and regulatory bodies;
- Developing managing and controlling the medical services budget including finance, staffing, equipments and consumables;
- Develop an organisational plan for medical services operations providing for efficient use of personnel including clinical assignments, rotation and call schedules, and coverage
- Coordinating the functions of the Medical Advisory Committee in addressing of medical staff activities in accordance with the legal requirements, ethical standards and overall hospital policies.
- Championing the organisation course in network development, contracting, and credentialing in local and regional markets
- Medical Degree from accredited University
- Registration with KMPDB or any other EA Medical Board
- Post graduate qualifications in medical field or management
- At least 5 years clinical experience
- At least 2 years in a management or administrative capacity
- MBA added advantage
Accountant Payables Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
- Evaluate all invoices received and cheque requests
- Arrange and match these invoices
- Prioritize them for payment
- Process cheque requests received
- Prepare and disburse accounts payable checks
- Arrange for NHIF, NSSF, PAYE payments
- Have a clear understanding of expenditure
- Prepare breakdown of accounts
- Prepare balance sheets on a daily basis
- Maintain monetary information, records and important files (e.g. copies of cheques, paid invoices, reimbursement details, documentation, reports, copy of receipts, vendor files etc.,) to ensure the availability & accessibility of documentation.
- Ensure the correct procedures are followed in observance with established policies
- Inform staff of changes in regulatory guidelines.
- Help compliance check officers with all the documentations, they asked for
- Always monitor company accounts and its balances, in order to ensure payments and transactions are up to date
- Prepare daily ledgers
- Maintain confidentiality of accounts
- Receive any complaints in invoices
- Investigate and resolve such discrepancies
- Maintenance different files for different vendors
- Coordinate with vendors, get the required material and answer their inquiries
- Reconcile statements either on a weekly or monthly basis
- Prepare monthly reports and draw graphs showing profit and loss
- Lend a hand in month end closing reports
- Assists auditors by providing support and credentials on internal process for both accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Assists bookkeepers for the reason of responding to their questions in regards to accounts payable policies, procedures and statistics.
- Handling the payroll and receivables from time to time
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Senior Accountant or the directors.
- 5 years experience in accounting atleast two of which should be in handling payables accounts.
- Working knowledge in using Pastel and Sage accounting package
- Highly organized, professional, analytical and adept problem-solver.
- Positive attitude, sound work ethic and an ability to follow instructions.
Program Director Jobs at African Wildlife Foundation in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Program Director Conservation Enterprise, Nairobi
Closing Date: Friday, 27 April 2012
This position will provide the vision and intellectual capital needed to achieve sustainable conservation outcomes through commercial activity.
For more than 50 years, the African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has been an important player in African conservation and sustainable development. As a key strategy for creating sustainable conservation outcomes, AWF regularly engages in social enterprise ventures across all of its African Heartlands. These ventures create partnerships between communities and the private sector, and model how triple bottom line projects should work – profitable business ventures, economic development for communities, and legally binding conservation covenants. Collectively, AWF’s enterprise ventures represent millions of dollars of investment and span a range of sectors including conservation tourism, livestock management, agricultural production and marketing, and fisheries management.
DUTIES AND CONTEXT
The Program Director will report directly to AWF’s President, and serve as a member of AWF’s senior program leadership team. S/he will form a strategic vision for furthering AWF’s conservation mission through opportunities created by commercial activity. In addition to expanding AWF’s portfolio of successful enterprises in the tourism sector, the Program Director will work to grow AWF’s impact in other critical sectors such as agriculture and livestock. S/he will also play an important role in expanding AWF’s geographic presence. On an annual basis, the Program Director will help to identify conservation goals around which AWF’s efforts will be focused. S/he will ensure that enterprises are designed to be both commercially viable and deliver on AWF’s desired conservation outcomes. The Program Director will oversee AWF’s conservation enterprise team to ensure they are following best practices and delivering excellent enterprise projects within AWF’s conservation landscapes.
This will be a highly visible position and so the Program Director must be seen as a subject-matter expert in the field of social enterprise as applied in the context of African conservation. S/he will have the ability and necessary private sector contacts to identify and develop enterprise opportunities across a variety of geographies and sectors. The Program Director must be a visionary who is able to position AWF as the go-to organization for effective conservation-based social enterprises in Africa.
10+ Years of Experience. MBA or Related Masters. Proven Entrepreneur. Natural Leader. Project Management. Cultural Sensitivity. Financial Acumen. Negotiation Expertise. Business Development. Passion for Conservation. Tourism Experience Preferred. Superb English. French Preferred.
COMPENSATION Highly Competitive
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com with the subject “PD-CE”. Applications will be kept in strict confidence.
Please use your cover letter to summarize a vision for utilizing social enterprise to further AWF’s mission.
Blue Webs Africa Business Development Executive Job in Kenya 2012
lue Webs Africa is looking for a highly-motivated, intelligent, and skilled individual to join its team as a Business Development Executive
The position will have the primary and immediate responsibility for growing the sales and Services, maximizing financial returns through efficient and effective marketing and delivery of products. The person will be expected to work closely with the engineers to close deals.
Job Objectives / Summary
Working within sales & marketing team you will be responsible for building and developing a successful sales & marketing pipeline. This is a new business role and you will be expected to generate leads by participating in a number of sales & marketing activities:
- Calling prospects from a target database (usually following up a mailshot)
- Cold calling
- Attending exhibitions/seminars
- Referrals from clients
- Conduct day to day sales & marketing activities.
- Own revenue targets and deliverables
- Identify and qualify prospects within this target market.
- Perform presentation and customer sensitization activities
- Prepare proposals and tender documents.
- Identify Customer requirement: meet customer requirement with minimum hassle.
- Develop and build a client base utilizing proven sales techniques e.g. prospecting, cold calling, lead generation and probing.
- Create a large base of customers
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the delivery of quality service
- Degree or Higher Diploma in a related field ( Sales and marketing, BCOM)
- IT certification will be added advantage
- 2 years sales in IT will be added advantage.
- Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Good Communication Skills
- Strategic Business Perceptive
- Good organizational skills
- Time Management of self and others
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of own job/Subject Area
- Ability to sell and meet targets.
- Go getter , independence, Trustworthy/ Reliable, Team player
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Confident, Pleasant and Smart
- A demanding job that requires high level of achievement, commitment including lobbying for business.
- Aggressive and Result Oriented
- Able to meet set target on a monthly basis
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to write good proposals
- Ability to keep confidential company and client information.
Interested and qualified candidates that meet this Job description should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th March, 2012.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Action Against Hunger Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
ACF – USA is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position;
Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator – Nairobi
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the FSL team to implement FSL activities through program implementation, facilitating the development and implementation of M&E tools and mechanisms, facilitating the preparation of proposals, expenditure forecast and procurement planning.
H/she will also be responsible for reporting and documenting program activities to ACF and donor standards.
The incumbent will ensure internal coordination for integrated programming with the Nutrition and WASH teams and ensure external coordination and representation with other FSL stake holders (MoA, KFSSSG, IPC Kenya working group and other NGOs).
H/she will be responsible for reviewing historic, internal and external information for the ACF areas of intervention as well as ensuring continuous nutrition beneficiary profiling analysis. Continuously monitor and analyze the humanitarian context and FSL needs in the country and recommend new interventions
Qualifications and Skills required
- Min. master’s degree in agriculture, socio-economics, or related studies.
- At least 5 years of experience in humanitarian FSL work
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Good management and representation competencies.
- Experience with agro-pastoral and livelihoods programming.
- Experience with programming in drought prone areas and disaster risk reduction activities
- Experience in developing world context.
- Familiarity with ACF and acceptance of ACF’s principles.
- Familiarity with donors and donor procedures helpful.spread sheets, internet/e-mail, accounting package
This is a Nairobi based position with frequent travel to the field
Closing Date: 7th March 2012
Interested candidates should forward their applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and telephone contacts or email addresses of 3 referees preferably former supervisors to:
Indicate the position on the subject line of the email.
Do not send your academic certificates via e-mail.
Academic certificates will be requested during the interview process.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.