Posts Tagged “data entry jobs in nairobi 2012”
Head of ICT Jobs at Nzoia Sugar Company Limited in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Head of ICT
Reports To: Managing Director
Job Role: To develop Nzoia Sugar Company ICT Strategy, implement the strategy and ensure the design and selection of ICT applications and infrastructure support capacity and to drive the strategic business objectives of Nzoia Sugar Company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
To participate in Nzoia Sugar Company’s strategic planning process by developing and implementing Nzoia Sugar Company’s ICT strategy in consultation with the ICT Steering Committee
To initiate IT-related budgeting and planning and ensure its alignment to Nzoia Sugar Company’s goals and objectives.
To Control and manage all operational and capital ICT expenditures and ensure that it is carried out within the approved budget
To plan for additions and major modifications to the Nzoia Sugar Company’s applications and infrastructure in liaison with the ICT Steering Committee
To ensure that design and selection of ICT applications and infrastructure support the strategic objectives of NSC
To champion the ICT change and provide leadership to the Applications, Database and Networks & Infrastructure teams.
To manage Nzoia Sugar Company’s website.
To ensure ICT facilities meet the needs of individuals and projects.
To offer overall responsibility for protection of Nzoia Sugar Company’s information assets including overseeing development and maintenance of systems security, access controls and disaster recover management
To ensure all ICT projects, policies and procedures meet Nzoia Sugar Company’s quality objectives
To Liaise with all departments and outreach offices to continuously identify new ICT requirements.
To develop service level agreements between ICT and the business and ensure that these are achieved.
To Lead and drive a culture of innovation and creativity in seeking ICT solutions to organizational challenges.
Qualifications and Experience
A first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
Post graduate degree or diploma in ICT, or a relevant discipline.
Certification from relevant recognized professional bodies.
At least 7 years of progressive experience in ICT at least 2 of which should be at the Senior Management level.
Below 50 years.
Skills and competencies
Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills at various levels of management and the Board
Ability to conceptualize and convert ideas into solutions Understanding of the business environment and developments in ICT which impact the business
Exposure to the sugar or agriculture industry will be an added advantage
Relevant professional certifications from recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage
Proven experience in fibre optic and wireless networks
How to Apply:
Applicants interested in the above position should send their curriculum vitae, 2 passport size photographs, academic and professional qualifications, copy of the identification card together with the mobile/day time telephone contacts so as to reach the under mentioned on or before 18th April 2012.
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited
Deadline: 18th April 2012
Project Advisor Jobs at Management Sciences for Health in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Leadership, Management And Governance Project Advisor, Nairobi
Closing Date: Saturday, 05 May 2012
TITLE: Leadership, Management and Governance Project Advisor LOCATION: TBD (Nakuru, Isiolo, Nyeri, Kakamega or Mombasa)
Serving as staff of the Leadership, Management and Sustainability Project in Kenya (LMS/Kenya), the Leadership, Management and Governance (LMG) Project Advisor will collaborate with the Kenya AIDS, Population and Health Integrated Assistance plus Project (APHIAplus) to strengthen APHIAplus and Health Sector LMG capacity within one of the five zones in which APHIAplus has a presence (Coast/Nairobi, Central/Eastern, Western/Nyanza, Rift Valley and Northern Arid Lands). The Advisor will work with APHIAplus staff to develop leading and managing skills among health sector managers; build skills in systems management, including, but not limited to human resources, finance, and communications; reinforce supervision and mentoring skills and process improvement at the district level; improve planning skills and oversight of the planning process; and strengthen governance structures and roles in the health sector. As a result of the LMS/Kenya–APHIAplus collaboration, it is expected that managers at all levels of the health system will have strengthened leadership, management, and governance knowledge and skills to effectively manage their programs and facilities to achieve greater health outcomes in a changing health system environment. Additionally, APHIAplus staff will have the skills and hands-on experience with LMG tools and approaches to integrate these into their ongoing work.
As the LMG Regional Advisor, the main responsibilities of this position include: 1. Enhance “on the ground” collaboration between LMS/Kenya and APHIAplus to identify LMG priorities in the assigned region 2. Provide technical assistance to the health sector (public, private, and faith-based) to respond to these needs and/or identify technical assistance requirements to be filled by LMS/Kenya staff and consultants
3. Build the capacity of APHIAplus to integrate responses to these LMG needs into their ongoing work, in collaboration with other LMS/Kenya staff 4. Link with the national level LMS/Kenya staff to support the regional work of LMS/Kenya national-level initiatives including work in priority hospital reforms, training in health systems management, leadership development program support, supporting teams and individuals going through online learning programs, etc. 5. In collaboration with the national level LMS/Kenya Communications staff, identify best and promising practices in leadership, management and governance for documentation, sharing and scale up 6. Perform other duties as may be assigned
This position will report to an LMS/Kenya National Coordinator as well as the zonal APHIAplus Director.
1. Minimum of a master’s level education in public health, international development, organizational development, public administration, management, social sciences or a related field 2. Minimum of 5 years overall work experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in capacity development, program management, and health systems strengthening 3. Knowledge of and experience in management and health systems capacity development and monitoring and supervision in Kenya desirable 4. Proven experience providing technical assistance to public health programs or projects 5. Demonstrated organizational, managerial and supervisory skills and abilities; sound judgment, and high ethical standards; flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines 6. Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required. 7. Strong initiative and self-motivation highly required 8. Computer literacy with competence in Word , Excel, and PowerPoint is mandatory 9. Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners 10. Willingness to relocate to the specified work location (Mombasa, Nakuru, Kakamega, Isiolo or Embu) if not already located there. When applying for this position, please state your preferred work location.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
How to apply:
To view the full job description of the positions and to apply, please visit our employment opportunities website at https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/4655/job
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Athi River Hospitality Industry jobs vacancies kenya 2012
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess options for co-ordinating the activities, procedures and systems so as to promote common policies and practices.
- Prepare and draft the organisation’s Annual Report.
- Identify development opportunities consistent with the aims of the organisation and the operating environment.
- Maintain an awareness of organisational and technological developments and ensure that the service operates in ways which make best possible use of the resources available.
- Maintain day-to-day financial control of the service within budget heads agreed by the trustee board.
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored, including credit control.
- Managing multiple stakeholders
- Handling of the procurement function
- MBA or equivalent degree required.
- Professional accounting qualification, CPA (K) or its equivalent.
- Eight years of experience in increasingly responsible financial positions encompassing a broad range of managerial roles.
- Experience with, and/or understanding of, the special requirements of operating in a Service business setting.
- Experience with, and/or understanding of, Information Services functions.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Superior leadership, management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent creative and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player orientation.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 15th February 2012.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
Sustainable Environmental Development Watch Network Jobs in Kisumu Kenya 2012
EA SusWatch Regional’s Secretariat is hosted by UCSD in Kampala, Uganda.
With support from Government of Sweden, the East African SusWatch Network is set to implement the Lake Victoria Environment Management Project (LVEMP II) Civil Society Watch project – a three-year project.
The following jobs are available:
Based in Kisumu
The National Coordinator (NC) will be answerable to the National Steering / Executive Committee and will be responsible for supervising the Accounts Assistant (AA).
The major terms of reference for the NC include but not limited to:
- Implementation of national activities as per the Project’s agreed work plans
- Link the National level actors (including communities and citizen groups in the LVB) with the Regional Lead Agency and other actors
- Preparation of Quarterly and Annual Reports to the Regional Secretariat and national Executive / Steering Committee & network members.
- A first degree in development related studies, sociology, political science, economics, environment, or related fields plus at least 5 years experience in an advocacy and lobby setting within the LVB.
- A Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Knowledge and previous working experience in livelihood, poverty reduction or (sustainable) development – oriented advocacy work within the lake Victoria basin or East Africa being an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (verbal &written) in English.
- Project M&E (and other management) skills
Based in Kisumu
Working with the Regional Finance and Administration Officer and the National Coordinator on a day– to day basis, he/she will be responsible for the administrative functions of the NFP secretariat
The major terms of reference for the Accounts Assistant (AA) include:
- Raising payment vouchers, making approved payments and ensuring that all expenses are adequately supported.
- Provide bookkeeping and accounting services to the project.
- Preparation of the national Chapter’s financial reports to be submitted to the Finance and Administration Manager at the EA SusWatch regional secretariat.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual accountability reports to the regional office
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other related field
- At least three years’ proven working experience in administration/ human resource – related work, preferably with a similar NGO setting
- Knowledge of QuickBooks computerized accounting software and proficiency in other computer skills is an added advantage
How to apply
Send motivation letter explaining your interest in the stated position (including expected salary); CV not exceeding 5 pages; names of three 3 work related referees; and applicants daytime telephone contact to:
The Chairman – SusWatch Kenya
Closing date is 5pm on February 3rd, 2012
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
EA SusWatch Network is an equal opportunity employer.