Posts Tagged “bridge international academies security consultant”
Flytxt Technical Operations Engineer Job kenya 2012
Experience: 2-5 Years
Position:Technical Operations Engineer
Department: Technical Account Management
Flytxt is the technology leader in mobile marketing and advertising.
Mobile with its unique attributes – immediate, personal, and traceable and its reach into 80% of world’s population – is an unparalleled marketing channel.
Flytxt provides technology to mobile operators to enable them to play a key role in mobile marketing and advertising.
Neon, the third generation mobile marketing platform from Flytxt is deployed at major mobile operators and media companies across Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Neon enables customers to generate incremental revenue through high-impact mobile marketing campaigns.
- The marketing consultant would be interacting on a day to day basis with the marketing team of the telecom operator to enable them to run their campaigns better.
- His skills would be put to use to design innovative real time campaigns targeted at the subscriber base of the operator, to fine tune already running campaigns at the operator, analyze the performance of new and old campaigns.
- The consultant should also analyze regularly details related to the subscriber base of the operator, the extend of the churn the operator is facing etc.
- He in collation with the marketing team should design a strategy for the operator for the future months as well
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, oral and written
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Certifications in CCNA/ORACLE/MICOSOFT/SOLARIS ADMIN
- Hands on , resourceful, energetic, can do
- Attention to Detail
- High level of data analytical skills
- Be a Motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities to meet business goals.
- To support project team for installation and commissioning of new hardware.
- Responsible for supporting operational duties like server maintenance activities, network or VPN configurations, patch up-gradation and installations support.
- Handle the tasks of providing high-level backup support to the operations and maintenance personnel as required.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Troubleshoot product and system issues and communicate with various functional departments within organization to resolve Customer problems.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Ensure timely customer notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering specialized in Computer Science (CS/CSIT), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) & Telecommunication Engineering (TE).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Telecom IT & Technical Support services.
- Intermediate level in management of Network/System Infrastructure in Solaris/Linux platform along with data center management.
- Basic level experience in writing & executing basic SQL queries.
- Intermediate knowledge of IP routing, VPN & Ethernet technology and operations.
- Basic knowledge of Telecom OSS/BSS, Messaging Platforms (SMS, MMSC etc) and IN systems.
- Basic knowledge with managing Cisco/switch platforms and other devices like load balancers/content filtering/firewalls/IDS/IPS and network modeling software. Networking certification from Cisco (e.g. CCNA) and Microsoft would be a plus.
- Expert in troubleshooting.
Interested candidates should submit their applications and detailed CVs online on or before Friday 30th March, 2012 on http://www.mara-ison.com/job/ (select the position then APPLY)
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here