Posts Tagged “best jobs kenya 2012”
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Risk Officer Job in Kenya 2012
Job Purpose: The ERM Risk Officer will report directly into the ERM East Africa cluster Head and will be responsible for assisting the Divisional Head conduct the relevant Governance meetings, execution of the Control Framework and the provision of Control Advisory Support.
Job Background / Context: Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is a newly formed organization comprised of a few hundred employees globally. ERM was created to proactively assist the businesses, O&T, and the independent control groups in enhancing the effectiveness of controls and managing operational risks across products, business lines and regions.
- Conduct BRCC (Business Risk, Compliance, and Control Committee) as per governance policy guidelines
- Identify emerging risks for the Franchise.
- Administer the RCSA process until such time as it is replaced with the Manager’s Control Assessment (MCA) process.
- Facilitate the MCAs for the most material entities in the Country. Oversee the facilitation of the MCAs for all other entities in the region. Track the MCAs, corrective action plans, and other required follow-up through the Catalyst system.
- Coordinate the implementation and review of Key Risk Indicators across all businesses and functions as per the regional guidelines.
- Assist the Cluster Head with the implementation of the Fraud Management Programme in East Africa
- Conduct Infrastructure Risk Reviews to assess control environments, identify vulnerabilities, develop solutions and oversee implementation of enhancements.
- Track open issues / corrective action plans and independently validate issue closures.
- Partner with controls design specialists to oversee implementation of Points of Control standards.
- Work with Operational Risk Management and business management to remediate inconsistencies as required.
- Provide specific country insights as required.
- Partner with relevant business and control groups to ensure their ‘best practices’ conform to country’s operating standards and/or regulatory requirements. Provide input into Compliance Control Matrix in this regard.
- Coordinate with the cluster / region in providing information on control environment and implement control related initiatives initiated at region and cluster level
- Monitor changes in the environment, in our strategy and in our operational and technology capabilities proactively and oversee appropriate modifications to the control environment that arise from those changes.
- Work with ORM to determine and resource key areas that require focus.
- Assist local management with country Prioritization / re optimisation projects.
- Travel to the countries on a periodic basis.
- Familiarity with consumer, corporate and investment banking
- Strong experience in operational / product control.
- Minimum 7 years industry experience with a background in Risk, Compliance or Controls, preferably gained in an international financial institution.
- A thorough knowledge of multiple control environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Analytical abilities
- Significant attention to detail
- Strategic and goal-oriented focus
- Unwavering commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- College/university education preferred, but an exceptional working track record will be deemed more important.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
- In depth knowledge of Risks, Controls and processes in Financial industry
- The successful candidates will need to show that they are unafraid to take responsibility in a greenfield post with extremely high exposure and expectations
- The candidates must be able to work effectively with local contemporaries and peers in other clusters and regions to maintain a collaborative culture
Deadline of application is 5th July 2012 before 5:00 PM.
KCB Head of Retail Sales Job vacancy in Kenya 2012
- Develop sales strategies for specific product channels, customer segments and regional segments with an aim of achieving growth and profitability targets.
- Establish and manage all checks off relationships between the bank and Corporates including agreeing on the terms and conditions of the scheme arrangements.
- Establish product campaign targets, focusing and driving the entire sales team and personal bankers towards achieving and exceeding the set targets including monitoring, review and communicating of performance to individuals, branches and units within the bank.
- Forecast, plan implement and monitor all regional sales, cost and expenditure activities within set budget and proactively and promptly device remedial actions to minimizes the variances between the budget and actual performance.
- Champion customer focus and create a customer centric team focuses on new ways to improve quality against key organizational objectives such as customer service, productivity or TAT.
- Responsible for managing opportunity and Risk associated with direct sales unit. Develop, rollout, maintain and where applicable recommend procedures and controls that meet/strengthen the requirements of KCB Group policy, standards, country laws and regulations.
- Ensure seamless bank’s operations and adherence of procedure standards and that all products meet the set criteria
- Review and evaluate Personal banking product proposition with a view to make improvements to exceed dynamic customer needs, changing economic landscape and competitor activities.
- Coach, mentor and develop a high performing team with clear responsibilities and accountabilities. A key ingredient being inculcation of a performance management framework
- University Degree in a Business Related field from a recognized institution. Those with an MBA or a Diploma in Banking (AKIB/ACIB) will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5-6 years proven experience in Sales, Credit and Bank operations
- Experience in managing sales representatives and commission sales
- Experience in resolution of customer complaints/relationship management
- A thorough knowledge of Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations
- A good understanding of risk and credit policies and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competences in championing high performance management.
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
Assistant Manager Accounts Payables Job in Kenya 2012
- Supervision of production of accounts payable documents in SAP system that covers: Recurring Documents, Down payments, Request Process, Online Pay Request, Running Self Billing and journal uploads for invoices.
- Overseeing creation and storage of back-up documents for cancellation, dummy credit and journal upload activities
- Ensure that Team members understand their obligations in this respect and to ensure that the process and culture supports this.
- Co-ordinate responses to queries from market contacts via phone email in a professional, courteous and timely manner to the highest customer service standards.
- Be the first issue escalation point for the supported market for all payment queries after team members.
- Establish and maintain business partnership with the market contacts.
- Come up with improvement ideas on how to make the process more efficient and push that through the market.
- Take ownership for delivering on promises and speak up when operational standards are slipping
- Create high performing teams consisting of engaged people and support the actions to deliver this
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting/Finance.
- 4-8 Years work experience in accounts payables/general accounting as well as strong team leading and client management skills
- Strong working knowledge of SAP system and any other accounting software
- Able to manage own time and team resources effectively
- Above 30 years of age
- Good knowledge of service level agreements
One Acre Fund Office Manager Job in Kisii Kenya 2012
Employer: One Acre Fund
Job Location: Kisii, Nyanza Province
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, and Burundi that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. We are growing quickly. In five years, we have grown to serve 70,000 farm families with more than 500 full-time field staff.
We are seeking an Office Manager for our Kisii office to play a key role in our organization by managing the operations of the Nyanza Provincial Headquarter office of One Acre Fund. The Office Manager will be responsible for managing the Finance, Audit, HR, Logistics and IT teams, and coordinating communication with the Kenya Headquarter office.
The Office Manager must be a quick learner that will be able to train, motivate, and lead a group of managers who will be leading the various departments of our operations.
The Office Manager must proactively diagnose problems, brainstorm improvements and solutions, and lead and manage the implementation of those solutions. The Office Manager must be a strong manager who has experience mentoring staff and facilitating communication. We are looking for a highly organized and motivated individual to fill this role.
Primary Duties of an Office Manager
Train and Manage Management Staff: You will train and manage the performance of the Nyanza Management Team in Kisii. You will hold weekly meetings, regular trainings, provide individualized feedback, and improve the team’s capacities and capabilities. We are looking for a manager who will make themselves available to the staff as a mentor and partner.
Office Operations: Maintain office operations, ensuring that all of the teams (finance, logistics, human resources, etc) have the tools necessary to do their work. You will also carry out high level administrative tasks as necessary and supervise the performance of the Nyanza HQ teams. You will be responsible for the organization of office files and materials as well as operability of office equipment and facilities. You will manage upkeep, cleanliness and organization of office space including shared meeting spaces and kitchen.
Facilitate Communication: You will be responsible for facilitating communication between office staff and field staff, as well as between Nyanza HQ and Kenya HQ. You will need to communicate programs and policies as they are developed, as well as play an active role in executing new systems as they are developed and deployed.
Set and Achieve Targets – You will be given a number of projects intended to improve the office operations. You will manage and execute these projects from start to finish, by working with other staff.
Create and Deliver Reports – You will be responsible for preparing and submitting timely and relevant internal documents, external documents, and all applications and submissions to relevant external authorities, as required.
Lead by Example, Solve Problems – One Acre Fund needs decisive leadership on their office management team. You will lead by example by setting high standards of performance, integrity, and teamwork. You will continually improve systems, policies and procedures, and identify existing problems, and anticipate future ones.
If you have these skills and experiences in these areas, please highlight them on your cover letter and resume.
Career Growth and Development: One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through weekly mentorship and through regular career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with minimum of five years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for sustainable agricultural development in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are proactive; please only apply if you fit these criteria:
- Strong work experiences managing large teams: 5+ years of management experience preferred.
- Leadership experience: Experience managing people and teams in or outside of work.
- Proactively diagnose and solve problems
- Strong computer skills:Ability to create reports and tools in Word and Excel; fast typing speed (20+ wpm); quick to learn and operate other software (i.e., Access)
- Proven ability to set and meet targets on the job
- Clear communicator/mentor
- Top-performing undergraduate degree in management, business, or other relevant fields from a recognized University (please include grades and test scores on your resume)
- Integrity and a Positive Attitude
- Demonstrates high quality work with a strong attention to detail
- A willingness to commit to living in Nyanza for a long term position
- Language: Fluent in Kiswahili and English Required.
- Passionate about serving smallholder farmers
We will begin interviews in early May and plan to have new managers begin in late May.
Compensation: Competitive Salary with Performance Based Incentives
Benefits: NSSF and NHIF, airtime and transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com (Subject line: Nyanza Office Manager+ the place you heard of the position).
Please include your salary expectations in your application.
Security Coordinator Job Vacancy at Relief International in Kenya 2012
Job Title: Regional Security Coordinator, Nairobi
Closing Date: Monday, 23 April 2012
POSITION: Regional East Africa Security Coordinator
LOCATION: Nairobi (Kenya) or Juba South Sudan with frequent field residencies in the region required.
DURATION: One year with possibility of extension
ABOUT RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
The Regional Security Coordinator (RSC) will take on a rigorous leadership role in each country of focus and as a security and safety point person for all RI regional programs via Nairobi interagency coordination. The Security Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and advising on safety and security management of all activities in Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Uganda and new country programs in the region as they evolve. In addition, the Security Coordinator will be responsible for formulating and submitting timely and accurate reports to HQ, while representing the programs and organization in-country. The position is based either in Nairobi or Juba, but requires 60% time in each of the target country programs.
Position requires: 1. At least 3 years of international security experience working in conflict affected countries and complex relief settings in the fields of both security & communications.
At least 2 years experience providing security and safety support for international NGOs (required).
Demonstrated knowledge of UN, ECHO, MOSS, and other standard INGO security frameworks.
Excellent references reflecting demonstrated teamwork, maturity of judgment, tolerance for hardship and stress, leadership and integrity of character.
Fluency in English – written and verbal. Arabic knowledge an advantage.
Ability and willingness to train country staff counterparts; proven training leadership required.
Must be able to demonstrate strong writing, reporting, and situational analysis skills.
This is an unaccompanied post based in the RI Nairobi or Juba Office and field and sub offices in Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Uganda, and Somalia. RI provides living accommodations and local transportation only at country program sites.
How to apply:
To Apply: send resume, cover letter, writing sample, salary history, date of availability, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line must include: Regional East Africa Security Coordinator
Deadline:23rd April 2012
Northern Water Services Board Project Manager, Water & Sanitation Engineer and Project Accountant Jobs in Kenya 2012
Northern Water Services Board (NWSB) under the KWSBSP acquired a grant from the African Development Bank (ADB) for the purpose of improving NWSB’s institutional capacity to develop sustainable RWSS services for the Region.
The objective of the project is to improve water supply and sanitation services in urban, peri-urban and rural communities within the service area of the Northern Water Services Board (NWSB).
The Board requires the services of reputable experts to provide the services of a highly skilled and experienced RWSS Technical Assistant Team comprising of a Project Manager, Water and Sanitation Engineer, and an accountant to assist NWSB to achieve the above objectives.
Interested individuals must provide relevant information as follows:
The holder of the position will be reporting to the Program Coordinator and will be responsible for the actual execution of the project and supervision of a team of staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this position is to assist in the overall day to day running of the ADB Program.
The specific duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Directing, co-coordinating, controlling and managing the programme’s operations
- Overseeing the planning, implementation and monitoring of the programme activities
- Carrying out effective consultation with all key stakeholders at all stages of implementation of the programme.
- Developing the programme’s strategies, policies and plans to facilitate achievement of overall objective and specific objectives of the programme.
- Other related duties allocated by the Program Coordinator.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences, a Masters Degree in Development studies will be an added advantage.
- 3 years work experience with the water sector in public or Non-Profit organization
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in local language will be an added advantage
- Coordinating all technical aspects within the program.
- Ensuring design construction and maintenance standards are adhered to the maintained
- Coordination of Boards strategic and Business plans for development of investments and infrastructure in the Board area.
- Development and promotion of in use information technology in the institution.
- Design and development of appropriate and cost effective models for water appropriation, storage, purification and distribution.
- Design and development of strategies to reduce Unaccounted for Water (UFW) achieve desired operational efficiency and improve.
- Promoting, developing and contracting sustainable and viable water service delivery in urban and rural schemes constructed by the Board.
- Supervising and monitoring urban and rural water service providers.
- Preparing, executing and enforcing compliance to Water & Sanitation Service agreements.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Boards statutory and other reports required by Government or development partners
The successful candidate should be an experienced Engineer and must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Water or Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution. A post graduate qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Registration with Engineer’s Registration Board and Membership of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya or relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years experience in water and sewerage design, development and management.
- A sound understanding of the reforms taking place in the water sector in Kenya.
- Experience and demonstrable skills in management and administration.
- Relevant Information & Communication Technology skills.
- Formulation and implementation of sound financial policies, strategies and systems.
- Managing all the Board’s internal and external financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Overseeing the production of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial management accounts, and other reports.
- Implementing financial and accounting systems
- Ensuring adequate controls that support the Board’s financial operational efficiency and compliance.
- Procurement and distribution of the Board’s office equipment, services and assets.
- Monthly and quarterly reports on on-going assignments
The successful candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- Certified Public Accountant CPA II.
- Minimum 3 years experience of which 2 years should have been in a senior position in a large and busy organization.
- Knowledge or government and donor financial reporting
- Demonstrable administrative and managerial capability in work performance and results
- Good communications and leadership skills
- Relevant Information & Communication Technology skills
These positions are on a one-year contract, to be renewed subject to performance requirements.
Please send your applications including cv, e-mail and other contact details latest by Friday, the 30th March, 2012 to the following address:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Northern Water Services Board, Maji House, Kismayu Road,
P. O. Box 495 – 70100,
NB: Remember to subscribe to get email updates of a new job vacancies.Subscribe down here
Sales Executive Job in a Marketing Consultancy Firm kenya 2012
Roles and responsibilities
- Identifying new markets and business opportunities by visiting retail shops and supermarkets maintaining and developing relationships with new and existing customers.
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office.
- Reviewing your own sales performance and that of the entire team, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- The ability and desire to sell.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong industry awareness.
- 1 year of experience in sales Management.
- Experience with selling fast moving consumer goods
- Ability to drive sales
Please send your CV ONLY indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title on the email subject to email@example.com
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Suite 3, 13th Floor, Development house,
Moi Avenue, Nairobi.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database no for interviewing.
Kenya Episcopal Conference- Catholic Secretariat Jobs in Kenya 2012
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
- take, type and distribute minutes of meetings
- implement and maintain office systems
- maintain schedules and calendars
- arrange and confirm appointments
- organize internal and external events
- handle incoming mail and other material
- set up and maintain filing systems
- set up work procedures
- collate information
- maintain databases
- communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- liaison with internal and external contacts
- coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
- operate office equipment
- manage office space
- relevant training or qualification
- knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, and database management
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- knowledge of business principles
- proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- proven experience in information and communication management
- required typing speed
- verbal and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- planning and organizing
- time management
- interpersonal skills
- customer-service orientation
- initiative and reliability
- stress tolerance
- Diploma in relevant field, University Degree will be an added advantage
- Must demonstrate high level of initiative, honesty, dynamic strategic thinking
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- A person of attested integrity
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Extent of carrying out duties and responsibilities above.
- Must be a committed Catholic, with good recommendation from own parish priest
Applications should be addressed to:-
Kenya Episcopal Conference-Catholic Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
Applications must reach us on or before 13 February 2012
A job vacancy has arisen for an Audit Senior.
The successful audit candidate must be working or have worked in an audit firm and will be responsible for conducting clients audits, preparing audit reports and highlighting issues relating to internal control weaknesses.
Job Specification (Expected Skills/Attributes):
The incumbent will he required to possess the following attributes:
- Excellent analytical and audit skills
- Should he self-driven and work with minimum supervision
- Advanced report-writing and presentation skills
- Risk Analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of the role and functions of the Internal Audit Dept.
- Good personal judgment, initiative, creativity and maturity
- Expected pay is a gross of 40-45K.
- Should be a CPA / ACCA Finalist
- A degree is an advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ audit working experience
- Must have worked in an audit firm in a senior position.
- Ability to handle mid – large clients.
Please quote your current salary.
If qualified send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the title (Audit Senior Job) on the subject line.
Corporate Staffing Services
Suite 3, 13th floor, Development House, Nairobi.
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database.
GUNDUA FOUNDATION TEACHING JOBS IN KENYA 2012
Gundua Foundation (www.gunduafoundation.org) is expanding our already successful Secondary School with 300 students and finishing a Health Centre with International standards. We are therefore recruiting several exceptionally motivated and energetic Teachers and Health Centre Staff. All our Staff is here to meet and see every students and patients needs. We need strong leadership and competent Staff interested in modern pedagogical and medical research and methods.
Our staff is;
- Trained and competent in their professions
- Computer literate
- Showing strong leadership
- Interested in modern pedagogical/medical research and methods
- Ready to start to work as soon as possible.
Teachers have preferably two of the following subjects: Physics, Mathematics, History, English or Ki-Swahili. Additional competences as Arts, Sports and Drama are subject to extra interest
Our professional language is English
If you meet the demands of the above and are willing to join a high quality and hard working staff, we want your application, CV and Personal letter sent by e-mail before the 24th of January 2012. Mark your application under “Subject” in your e-mail as “School” or “Health” Centre.
E-mail your application to: email@example.com
Interviews will be held from the 7th of February 2012 and onwards for the ones contacted