Posts Tagged “bank jobs in kenya”
Blue Webs Africa PHP Developer Job in Kenya
The job requires the ability to build stable, secure, and attractive web applications based on predetermined specifications, but also creativity to come up with and ability to execute one’s own ideas that will further our goals as a company.
We are looking for someone with the self-discipline to get work done in a timely manner without constant oversight. We’ll also be looking for an eagerness to collaborate with a small team of highly-motivated people.
Candidates must be able to furnish portfolios of their work, or at least several links to websites that they have created or made substantial contributions to.
- Develop custom web applications and websites using the PHP and AJAX.
- Implement client websites and web applications, intranets and extranets.
- Help to architect client projects under the guidance of our chief technical officer.
- Prepare project specifications documents, features documents, feature documents and project plans.
- Develop new products and extend existing ones.
- Participate in all phases of Web application and websites development projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Rapidly develop new features based on user feedback.
- Work on weekly and bi-weekly deadlines
- Hands-on web development experience.
- Programming experience using PHP/MySQL required.
- Experience customizing and further developing and hacking open source software.
- BSc Computer science (you don’t necessarily need a CS degree (although clearly, that helps), just be smart).
- Proven experience building web applications and database-driven websites.
- Interest in feature development to accommodate user needs
- Appreciation of cross-browser compatibility and web standards
- A focus on security is a plus.
- Experience with shell scripting, Perl, Python is a plus.
Web Design skills a big plus
Interested and qualified candidates that meet this Job description should send their updated CV to email@example.com on or before 5th March, 2012.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leader, Acceptance Development Job Vacancy 2012
The job holder will carry out responsibilities detailed below in the assigned location within the Middle East & Africa region.
- Commerce Development (CD) Strategy & Execution
- Acceptance Development
- Regulatory over sight (with relation to Interchange)
- Non-traditional business expansion
This individual is the ‘Go To’ person for Commerce development across the assigned location within the Middle East & Africa region, ensuring alignment between the location’s ‘go-to-market’ approaches and the overall APMEA Commerce Development strategy, taking into account the region’s longer term strategic initiatives.
Establish new partner / vendor/ enabler / joint venture integration with capabilities to sustain MasterCard’s competitive advantage and tracking performance against key objectives. This individual will have responsibility for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with both acquirers and merchants across the assigned location.
Fundamental to accelerating the development of the business in the allocated location, is a backbone of strong acceptance in partnership with key Acquirers.
The individual will be responsible for developing a dedicated Acquire plan, along the lines of the current “issuer” business development model, however focused exclusively on Acceptance Development across the assigned location.
Maximize revenue through an effective acceptance strategy, and in-depth understanding of MasterCard P&L.
The individual will support in the development of the allocated location’s Interchange strategies, in collaboration with all regional cross functional teams. The successful candidate will be required to support in the assigned location’s Regulatory dialogue and support Country Management, on all matters relating to National and Regional interests.
In addition the Commerce Development lead, will be responsible for Business Expansion and Non Traditional business efforts, in establishing a sustainable Emerging Market business model for the assigned location, as MasterCard further commercializes its pervious association business structure, post the IPO.
- Analyze business opportunities to increase volume and share. Implement both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
- Implement Commerce Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability
- Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value.
- in partnership with regional Commerce Development resources, contribute to developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans.
- Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation
- Deliver extensive acceptance expertise and knowledge into the market place
- Actively contribute to the individual market Commerce Development efforts
- Business Acumen
- Knowledge leadership
- Finance and planning
- Solution drive
- Results orientation
- Strong Analytical ability
- Influence; Assertive, Initiative
- Autonomy, Independence, Accountable and Responsible
- Quantitative, qualitative and analytical insight
- Commitment, Passion and Energy
- 5+ years experience in the financial services and payments business
- Deep business development and marketing experience
- Strong project development and marketing experience and organizational experience
- Experience in merchant acquiring, retailing and/or corporate transactional banking will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple stakeholders in a multicultural environment across multiple geographic locations
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, extensive experience in communicating in an international environment at senior management level
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Exceptional business judgment and strategic planning skills
- Business Case development, including financial analytics
- Budget preparation and management
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid solution development skills and effective working; both independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal and communication skill, including presentation skills
- Bachelor in Commerce required, MBA preferred
SasaHivi Media Accountant Job in Kenya 2012
SasaHivi Media Ltd (‘Sasa Hivi’ means in Kiswahili ‘right now’) was founded in 2003 in Nairobi, Kenya by a group of long time experienced Multimedia, PR and IT professionals.
So, as SasaHivi Media Ltd as a company is relatively young, the experience brought together in it, is very sophisticated.
SasaHivi Media Ltd is all about bringing the best of Technology (Media and Internet) together with the best of Culture (Design, Content creation and Publishing).
- Updating of the companies’ financial records on a regular basis. This includes: Recording and verifying all income and expenses, recording and verifying the bank statements, and all other works necessary to maintain the records on a proper base.
- Generating a weekly report of the financial situation after updating the records and sending it by e-mail to the Managing Director.
- Preparing and maintaining the financial records for internal company use and for use with the official authorities.
- Notifying the Managing Director of any irregularities.
- Preparing and forwarding the monthly VAT, PAYE, NHIF, NSSF and other mandatory Returns.
- Preparing the annual financial report and have it audited in collaboration with a Registered Auditor.
- Obtaining Tax Compliance Certificates from the relevant authorities from time to time.
- Advising on improvement and implementing of the same on the financial records of the Company.
- Any other works necessary to conclude the above assignments successfully.
- Education and degree(s) in disciplines related to the primary responsibilities.
- Experience of working in the requested field.
- Experience in working with current electronic accountancy software.
- Experience in working with ETR.
- Ability to express in good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Attention to detail and creativity in problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a team and to communicate in a clear way.
Full-time / Part-time arrangements are a possible option.
If you feel you are the right person for this job please e-mail us your CV & work references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 24th February 2012