Posts Tagged “accounting jobs in ruiru”
Clearing and Forwarding Industry Business Development Managers Jobs in Kenya 2012
- Presentation to clients
- Developing and managing client accounts and assisting in debt collection
- Carry out market trend, competitor and customer surveys
- Provide after sales service where necessary
- Liaising and building rapport with industry stakeholders
- Make a thorough market and brand review at regular times
- Conduct market research to understand market dynamics.
- Implement the marketing plan in respect of budget, timing and brand guide lines.
- Recommend corrective measures to achieve the targets.
- Achievement focus
- Self Motivation
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Extremely Aggressive
- Team Player
- Multitasking Skills
- Computer Literate
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good numerical skills
- Report and Proposal Writing Skills
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Results oriented and focused
- At least 2- 5 years working experience in the clearing and forwarding industry
- Proven track record of closing business and meeting Sales targets
- Higher Diploma/ Bachelor in marketing or relevant degree.
- Age between 25-35 years
Africa Platform for Social Protection (APSP) Advocacy and Communications Coordinator Job in Nairobi Kenya 2012
Job Title: Advocacy and Communications Coordinator
Reporting to: Executive Director
APSP was established as a response to the growing demand for “voice” and more active engagement of African civil society in the shaping of Social Protection policies, programmes, and practices in Africa.
It is a network of individuals and organizations operating at sub-national, national and regional levels, with a commitment to promoting and strengthening the social contract between states and citizens. APSP is now active in 30 countries in Africa
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual communications plan consistent with the APSP’s mission, strategic and programme objectives (plan may be periodically revised as necessary)
- Act as the budget holder for APSP’s communications & advocacy related activities
- Implement communications plan and coordinate with other team members and other stakeholders such as the National CSO platforms, the media, and relevant government institutions to develop quality products that help achieve organizational goals and objectives
- Provide technical assistance, including planning, implementation, editing, design and other services as required by the APSP and the National CSO Platforms in Africa for the development and implementation of their strategic communication plans
- Prepare various external communication materials called for in the communications plan, or tailor existing materials for the APSP audiences
- Identify and maintain good relationships with key partners, including journalists and communications contractors
- Update and maintain the APSP website and social media tools to promote information and public engagement
- Provide oversight on project documentation and oversee an effective network-wide information management system
- Facilitate the production of quarterly newsletters and disseminate to the APSP audiences
- Develop and disseminate advocacy materials and information on social protection to the APSP audiences
- Obtain, understand, and effectively communicate and disseminate project research in a timely manner to the APSP partners in Africa and beyond
- Regularly compile content collected from progress made in different countries where APSP works
- A degree in Communications or journalism with at least 3 years’ experience in advocacy and communications in an NGO environment at the level being advertised and a working knowledge of French.
- A relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage.
Applicants must submit 1 detailed CV, cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this position, contact information for 3 referees and current and expected remuneration package.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you meet the requirements for the above position, please send your application to email@example.com to be received by 12th March 2012 (indicate the job you are applying for i.e. Advocacy and Communications Coordinator in the subject box).
For the detailed job description please visit www.africacsp.org
Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu Jobs vacancies 2012
The hospital is part of a network of health facilities in East Africa which include: clinics, Aga Khan Hospital Mombasa, Aga Khan Hospital Dar es salaam and Aga Khan University Hospital Nairobi.
It provides medical care to the population of western Kenya region and works with leading clinicians in the country in the management of complex cases.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 accreditation and is moving towards new standards of clinical quality improvement and patient safety.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is expanding its services to Kakamega County and is seeking qualified candidates for the following positions:
Resident Medical Officer (Senior House Officer)
The successful candidates will be responsible for providing consultations and quality clinical judgment to patients in Ambulatory and Emergency Medicine at the Medical Centre in Kakamega.
- MBBS from a recognized University
- At least one- year working experience
- Must be Registered/Licensed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Competency in emergency procedures e.g. ACLS, ATLS etc will be an added advantage.
- Excellent PR and communication skills.
The success candidate will be expected to set up and competently manage dental services in the Medical Centre at Kakamege in accordance with our quality policy which emphasizes continuous improvement of service to meet and exceed customer expectation.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from a recognized University
- Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Current practicing License
- At least two years experience after completing internship preferably in a hospital setting
- Pleasant personality, team player.
Provide quality nursing services including performing necessary procedures at the Medical Centre.
- Registered Nurse (KRN/KRCHN) or above from an accredited School of Nursing.
- At least one year experience in a Medical/Surgical setting in a busy medical institution.
- Certificate in Theatre, Critical Care or Emergency Nursing will be an added advantage.
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
- Excellent PR and communication skills.
To provide quality Pharmacy services.
He/she will be expected to be an active member of the health care team in the Medical Centre
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from MTC or any other recognized institution.
- Must be enrolled and licensed by the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- At least one year working experience in a busy pharmacy.
- Knowledge of computer packages will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate will prepare documentation, maintain sample processing records and ensure timely dispatch of results.
He/she will maintain relevant equipment in terms of calibration and alignment and will be expected to comply with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control at the Medical Center in Kakamega.
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or above
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures
- Knowledge and experience in haematology, quality control and serology.
- Ability to write and review SOP’s
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 standard is desirable
- Ability to work in other laboratory sections whenever he/she is required
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory
Reporting to the Dental Surgeon, the successful candidate will assist the dental surgeon in the provision of comprehensive dental services within the Medical Centre in line with the hospital’s mission.
- Diploma in Dental Assisting.
- At least two years experience preferably in a busy dental practice
- Self motivation and ability to work without supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Pleasant personality, team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
1 Position – Kisumu
Reporting to the In-charge Facility Management and Safety Committee, the security officer will be responsible for ensuring security and safety of Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu clients, personnel and Hospital resources.
The Security Officer will lead security mainstreaming to promote a positive security culture throughout the organization.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for developing and implementing security policies and procedures at the Hospital.
- KCSE ‘C’ grade or above
- Basic security training from a recognized security firm and/or institution with experience in CCTV operations
- Excellent skills in fire management and first aid
- Excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Good interpersonal relations, leadership and organizational skills.
- Expertise in effective use of VHF Radios and security phonetic alphabets
- Proven track record in executing a security plan
- At least five years working experience in a similar position
- Excellent skills in MS Office
Applications including detailed curriculum vitae, names and contact of three referees should be forwarded by 10th February, 2011 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
P.O. Box 530-40100