The Fund now invites all Enterprises owned by Kenyans aged 18 to 35 years to register with the National Youth Enterprises Directory.
The registered Youth Enterprises will benefit in the following ways among others;
- Directory will publicize the Youth Enterprises to the general public.
- This will enable the public to buy from young entrepreneurs, increase sales and offer more employment opportunities
- Directory will constitute a useful database on sector specific new ventures and businesses that the youth run.
- Directory will formalize the existence of Youth Enterprises which may eventually lead to the formation of common bond associations.
- Directory with sector specific listing, will present a fertile ground on which market linkages (supply of raw materials as input for large manufacturing firms) and forward market linkages (serving as supply chain agents/distribution channels) will germinate.
- Directory will present opportunities for Youth Enterprises arising from Advocacy and lobbying for preferential Outsourcing by government agencies and large organizations.
- Directory will boost the image of the Youth Enterprises as capable and trusted partners in mutual strategic alliances.
- Directory will allow Youth Enterprises to benefit from Capacity building in form of training needs, market survey and research.
- Directory will reveal the funding structure of most Youth Enterprises which will inform the government on the most appropriate interventionist and facilitative strategies.
- Pick a registration form at the nearest district youth office, fill and return
- Download from our website www.youthfund.go.ke,
- Fill online at www.intellectlimited.com or www.youthfund.go.ke,
All applications should reach us on or before 31st January, 2012.
Youth Enterprise Development Fund
8th Floor, National Bank Building,
P.O. Box 48610-00100, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254-20-2211671-2 / 2211675
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
1. Doing bookings
2. Ensure each booking has a booking card
3. Ensure all bookings are confirmed and re-confirmed
4. Ensure all bookings have ticket numbers
5. Ensure ticketing rules are followed.
6. Ensure all tickets are authorized for by the client. Any ticket sent to accounts without an L.P.O or letter of authority by the clients will not be invoiced. If sent with fraudulent authorization then the you will be personally held accountable even if is after your departure from our employment.
7. Ensure going through the queue messages and advise clients on the status of bookings
8. Do quotations to clients ensure they are properly typed/pasted and call/chat all clients to ensure they have received their emailed quotations
9. Ensure the quotations are responded to immediately incase of delays then advice the client the intention to do so.
10. Send any cash paying clients to accounts office for receipting.
11. Cancel all cancelled tickets on the computer system, punch them and forward them to accounts with the attached cancellation slip.
12. Ensure that we are updated on all current fares from the airlines.
13. Ensure you seek authority for all discounts to clients especially walk ins who are not within our approved levels of discount in our systems
14. Ensure all un-needed bookings are cancelled in the system to avoid no show fees.
15. Do a daily sales report and forward to the relevant accountant on a daily basis.
Must have account they can walk in with and in addition to accounts to be allocated to be able to generate minimum 10,000,000 sales a month within 6 months.
Minimum experience 4 years in a busy office, have relevant education to the position and a computer literate
If you meet the above, kindly send or resend your application along with an up-to-date CV with telephone contacts for three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org including your daily telephone contact, current net salary and your expectation.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model. The company runs a large-scale network of low-cost primary schools in Kenya that significantly outperforms other primary schools in the same areas because of our “school in a box” systems.
Our schools profitably deliver this high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, which enable the schools to cover all their costs and create a profitable central organization at scale. We have launched 37 schools in Kenya, we will double in size in the next 6 months, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students across the continent.
About this position
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world.
A central part of our operations includes the identification and verification of plots of land for our schools inside the informal settlements. This position within a Development environment, will be responsible for performing all billing transactions required including (but not exclusive to)
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required)
- Must have strong knowledge of customer relations/satisfaction as they relate to billing and financial concepts
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented
- Perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills required
- Capable of making timely, independent decisions
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skill
- Identifies and resolves client billing complaints
- Provides weekly and monthly reports and goes over with COO
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Opens and closes all files
- Responsible for overall coordination of billing and accounts receivables process
- Enters daily payment receipts and issue resolution, and assures that all issues are resolved on timely basis
- Maintains, customize and troubleshoots the billing/client management software
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance or business administration
- Possess advanced skills in customer service and provides effective solutions
- Ability to work long hours including weekends
- Passionate about children and education in Africa
- Knowledge of billing/problem resolution practices (at least 3-5 years of experience)
- Knowledge of billing computer programs
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and employees
- Effective knowledge of business office procedures
- Must be well organized , detail-oriented and personable with a professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skill necessary to interact with attorneys/lawyers and clients by both telephone and written correspondence
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Unilever Tea Kenya jobs Vacancies kenya 2012
Are you looking for an opportunity to race ahead of the pack? Could you work with the World’s best tea growing and manufacturing company? Would you rise to the challenge of a diverse and dynamic working environment?
Go on, get started to an exciting career with Unilever Tea Kenya Limited, log on to www.unilever-esa.com to apply for the following vacant positions;
All applications are received and processed online no hard copy applications will be accepted.
The mission of the Fund is to offer the best support services to persons with disability in Kenya through provision of resources, promotion of awareness and advocacy of appropriate policies.
As part of our Fundraising initiatives, we are planning to hold a National fundraising walk and are thus inviting
an event organizer to manage the event for us.
Interested firms should send the following:
* A profile of the firm citing similar client’s assignments handled before.
* A technical proposal on the proposed event.
* A financial proposal on the proposed event.
The information is to reach the undersigned ether by post or hand delivery on or before 19th December 2011.
The Chief Executive Officer
National Fund for the Disabled of Kenya
2nd Floor, Rehema House
Kaunda Street/Standard Street, Nairobi
P.O. Box 47857 – 00100 G.P.O
The main focus of the Construction Administrator (“CA”) will be to assist in the construction administration of Mandharini, a large resort in Kilifi Kenya. Mandharini will be built by a Contractor. The CA will work with the Construction Manager (“CM”) to help oversee the construction process and handle all administrative work regarding the construction process.
The CA will initially be based in Nairobi for the first 2–3 months and thereafter in Kilifi for about 18 months during the construction of phase 1 of the project (with a possibility for extension) and will report to the Construction Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviewing and organizing approved drawings for the construction project in liaison with the Legal Officer, Construction Manager and the Directors
- Coordinating BoQ reviews
- Measuring and administering rates and quantities
- Responsible for issuing drawings to various consulting teams on site and ensuring that all consultants teams are working from only the most current approved drawings
- Providing weekly reports to the Head office
- Assisting the CM in overseeing the construction project in all its aspects
- Assisting in completing and updating all project documents when needed
- Developing of effective communication mechanisms to ensure efficient information flows amongst the various participants
- Bachelors’ minimum in engineering or a construction related degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working for a contractor as a project based Quantity Surveyor in large scale construction projects
- Strong in reading and understand construction drawings
- Experience with drafting / analysing BoQs
- Practical construction knowledge
- Good Administrator both on site and in the office
- Contract administration and knowledge of legal issues regarding the construction contract desirable
- Excellent skills in MS Office and ArchiCAD or AutoCAD knowledge desirable
- Accurate and Detail oriented
- Persistent and able to handle pressure
- Good communication and inter-personal skills required to work with the consultants team and Construction Manager
- Analytical and Practical personality
- Strong in planning
- Willingness to live in Kilifi and travel as requested
Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 9th December 2011.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Starting salary: Ksh10,000
Fluent in English, written and spoken,
Excellent with PowerPoint,
Good with social Media i.e. Facebook, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn,
Excellent personal organization and coordination skills,
Attention to detail and strong problem solving ability.
Sales and marketing on phone
Follow up on leads by calls and emails
Arrange meetings and training’s
Do PowerPoint’s and invoicing
Post updates on Facebook and twitter
Write to clients and or hopeful leads newsletters.
Apply Job Through firstname.lastname@example.org
all administrative work regarding the construction process.
The CA will initially be based in Nairobi for the first 2-3 months and thereafter in Kilifi for about 18 months during the construction of phase 1 of the project (with a possibility for extension) and will report to the Construction Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reviewing and organizing approved drawings for the construction project in liaison with the
Legal Officer, Construction Manager and the Directors
· Coordinating BoQ reviews
· Measuring and administering rates and quantities
· Responsible for issuing drawings to various consulting teams on site and ensuring that all consultants teams are working from only the most current approved drawings
· Providing weekly reports to the Head office
· Assisting the CM in overseeing the construction project in all its aspects
· Assisting in completing and updating all project documents when needed
· Developing of effective communication mechanisms to ensure efficient information flows amongst the various participants
Experience, Knowledge and skills required
· Bachelors’ minimum in engineering or a construction related degree
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience working for a contractor as a project based Quantity Surveyor in large scale construction projects
· Strong in reading and understand construction drawings
· Experience with drafting / analysing BoQs
· Practical construction knowledge
· Good Administrator both on site and in the office
· Contract administration and knowledge of legal issues regarding the construction contract desirable
· Excellent skills in MS Office and ArchiCAD or AutoCAD knowledge desirable
Qualitative and other attributes required
· Accurate and Detail oriented
· Persistent and able to handle pressure
· Good communication and inter-personal skills required to work with the consultants team and
· Analytical and Practical personality
· Strong in planning
· Willingness to live in Kilifi and travel as requested
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward a copy of your updated resume, and your current salary and benefits package to email@example.com before close of business 9th December 2011. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For more vacancies visit our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke.
* Prepares orders for the site
* Ensures materials are put together
* Fills out a requisition form to take material out of stock
* Makes site visit to verify the location and condition of the site prior to set up
* Directs and supervises casuals on the site set up
* Assists in setting up at the site
* Ensures that clients signs the delivery note
* Ensures that the client fills the customer feedback form
* Ensures all materials and collected after a function
* Supervises and assists with the loading, offloading and sorting of materials
* Ensures materials are cleaned after usage
* Assists in the clean up of site material
* Reports damaged materials to storekeeper or accountant
* Hands over materials to accountant and store keeper and signs form
* Assists in pressing cleaning, and other support services in the company.
* Conducts performance appraisals for reporting staff
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
* 1 year experience in logistics, events management or similar field
* Attention to detail
* Ability to monitor information
* Ability to coordinate
* Communication and interpersonal skills
* Planning and organizing skills
* Ability to work under pressure
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send you CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org