African Virtual University (AVU) Receptionist Job in Kenya 2014
Receptionist – AVU Centre for Virtual Education Innovation
The African Virtual University (AVU) is a Pan African Intergovernmental Organization established by charter with the mandate of significantly increasing access to quality higher education and training through the innovative use of information communication technologies.
A Charter, establishing the AVU as an Intergovernmental Organization, has been signed so far by eighteen (18) African Governments – Kenya, Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Cote d’Ivoire, Tanzania, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of Congo, Benin, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Burkina Faso, Niger, South Sudan, Sudan, The Gambia, and Guinea-Bissau.
2.0. Scope of Work
The Receptionist for the Centre for Virtual Education Innovation will be expected to perform/deliver the following:
- Answer telephone calls and transfer them to the appropriate staff member.
- Receive and welcome clients and visitors in the organization.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Collect, Sign for and distribute mail packages.
- Organize and coordinate office cleaning.
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Assist the Finance and Administration unit with other duties as assigned
3.0. Competence, Skills and Attributes
- Must be a mature, respectful and honest person of high integrity that is able to work in a team and make meaningful contributions to the team objective.
- Good communication and sound report-writing skills will be an added advantage.
- Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the supervisor.
- The successful applicant must possess at least a C Plain in O’ Level
- Possess a business diploma or qualified in secretarial duties and be proficient in computer packages.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Have excellent communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- The applicant must have 4 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
- Possession of a Business degree will be an added advantage
5.0. Modalities of Work
The Receptionist for the Centre for Virtual Education Innovation will work full time dedicating 8 hours in a day for 5 days a week.
6.0. Duration: 24 months
The Receptionist for the Centre for Virtual Education Innovation will work under the supervision of the Manager, Finance and Administration or such other person as the AVU may designate from time to time in writing.
How to Apply
The successful candidate will be appointed for 2 years
Application must include an application letter and a detailed curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email and residential addresses; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com and must have Receptionist CVEI as the email subject.
All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be based at the AVU Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
The closing date for this application is February 5th 2014 at 18:00 East African Time (UTC/GMT + 3)
Note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The African Virtual University (AVU) www.avu.org is an equal opportunity employer.