DAI Business Growth Specialist Job career in Nairobi, Kenya 2014
Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
Objective of the Programme:
DAI is preparing for an anticipated DFID and the Nike Foundation funded Programme; Assets to Adolescent Girls.
Scope of Work:
We are seeking applications from highly experienced technical experts for the role of Business Growth Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in close collaboration with the Country Relationship Managers and Girl Design Specialist to support an innovative portfolio of businesses to refine and scale products that benefit girls at the country-level
- Identify and coordinate technical assistance for entrepreneurs
- Provide on-going assessment of grantees and make recommendations for their business advisory needs
- Support the development of local partnerships, providing information and forging relationships with local service providers, investors, and private sector businesses
- Work with the Country Relationship Managers to develop a database of pre-approved international and local technical assistance providers covering the following services – business development services, sector specific technical support, distribution and logistics support and girl safety support
- Minimum of 10 years’ working at the cutting edge of development, product and business development, and/or social enterprise
- Experience in management of teams
- Strong working knowledge of the private sector
- Strong local network of private sector and business leaders, development experts, mentors, investors, development programs and NGOs, etc.
- Experience working with innovative social enterprises and SME’s to grow and scale
- Understanding of human centered design (HCD), prototyping, business and financial modelling, investment and venture capital, distribution and marketing, and other elements critical to scaling successful products and businesses
- Project management skills and ability to manage consultants and resource partners
- Ability to identify challenges and match expertise to problems for solutions
- Experience working with woman and girls in the development world
- Proven experience developing and managing networks of local and international organisations from the public, private and third sectors
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English (both written and oral) and fluency the primary language of the country of work is essential
- Experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and/or South and South East Asia is highly desirable
How to Apply:
Anticipated Project Start Date: April 2014
Project Duration: Three to four years