Job career at Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager in Nairobi, Kenya
Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Report To: Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary Scope of Work: The Regional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager will support the Regional M&E Advisor to provide technical leadership and implementation oversight for all of Danya’s monitoring and evaluation initiatives in the region.
The position will be responsible for providing technical assistance to USG agencies, USG partners, and national government partners, designing and leading high impact M&E strategies and implementations.
- Responsible for leading M&E technical approach across multiple projects
- Represent Danya before stakeholders and oversee implementation of activities throughout the Africa region
- Contribute to annual work planning
- Establish and maintain a productive relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, NGOs, project staff and community groups for smooth implementation
- Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Work collaboratively with project staff and US-based headquarters staff to assure proper financial projections, reporting, spending and compliance with project terms and conditions.
- Contribute to ensure projects meets set targets
- Promote and support the dissemination of best practices among the project teams
- Contribute to timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program activities and results to the donor, including progress reports, and annual reports
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant bachelor degree with Master’s or PhD level training in public health or agriculture preferred
- A minimum of 6+ years of senior level experience in designing and implementing M&E strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present materials in meetings, at conferences and to write project documents (including research and evaluation design plans, logic models, data collection and data analysis plans, and final reports) and proposals with minimal revisions from the supervisor.
- Knowledge of research and evaluation (process, outcome, impact) concepts and principles, and the ability to apply them during the implementation of project tasks; ability to design large evaluation and health communication or food security studies and product development plans.
- Data collection (key stakeholder interviews, focus groups, surveys, and secondary data analysis techniques), data management, and data analysis skills, experience with SPSS and good working knowledge of SAS and Nud*ist a plus.
- Demonstrated experience providing training and technical assistance to public health or food security projects of over $1,000,000 US per year in developing countries
- Experience developing successful, replicable and sustainable projects
- Expertise in research to practice – identifying best practices and adapting them to program realities
- Solid publication record in area of M&E
- A team player accustomed to building team capacity, delegating working teams, and developing communities of learning among host country partners and counterparts
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Strong change management, results oriented and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Fluency in English
- Experience and understanding of Global Health Initiative or Feed the Future frameworks
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
How to Apply
Interested applicants please email CV together with a covering letter which explains how you meet the criteria in this job description to: recruitmentafrica@DANYA.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: Please entitle your email subject line with: Your name, position title and save letter together with CV in one attached file.
Deadline for applicants: 5th January 2014