Safaricom Limited Enterprise VAS & Partnerships Product Manager Job in Kenya 2013
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Product Manager – Enterprise VAS & Partnerships
Ref: EBU –PMEVP -JULY 2013
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Enterprise Business Development Department within the Enterprise Business Unit Division.
In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Cloud and Data, the job holder will be responsible for propositions development, packaging, and go-to-market (GTM) activities in support of Safaricom Business enterprise VAS (location based services, mobile advertising, SMS, business applications ,USSD applications) and partnerships in the Enterprise Business development team of the Enterprise business unit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for;
- Identify growth prospects and specific opportunities in the sector;
- Develop and deliver the strategy and roadmap for the Enterprise VAS and partnerships portfolio;
- Create and manage winning partnerships with key stakeholders including Technology and service vendors, commercial partners and internal support teams to create and deliver end-to-end innovation value chains for enterprise customers;
- Stays updated on relevant industry, technology and market trends and combine this with a needs analysis at prospective customers and market segments to identify winning propositions that deliver to the business unit objectives of revenue, retention and innovation CDIs;
- Formulate, direct and coordinate products marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers;
- Identify, develop, and evaluate Go to market strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors;
- Implement market definition and discovery studies and analysis of the findings;
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections;
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities;
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction;
- Select products and accessories to be displayed at trade or special production shows;
- Ensure transfer and sustenance of products knowledge among the Enterprise and Customer support teams including account managers, client service managers, deployment and support teams before launch and thereafter during the product lifecycle;
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends;
- Perform needs analysis at prospective customers and market segments to identify winning propositions for a products portfolio that delivers to the business unit objectives of revenue, retention and innovation CDIs
- Achieve the CDI target for products and innovation for the allocated product stream;
- Ensure high levels of quality and customer experience in launched products through documented, simple, and well tested sales, provisioning and support processes.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university preferably in Marketing and Sales;
- At least 3-4 Years working experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems;
- Experience in ICT projects management. Certification by a recognized professional body will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods;
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
If you meet the requirements and are self-driven, proactive and up to the challenge, please send your resume and application letter quoting the job reference number to the address below.
All applications must be delivered on or before Friday 19th July ,2013
Head of Talent & Resourcing
via E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org