LEAP Program Officer Job in Kenya 2013
Learning, Evaluation and Achievement Program (LEAP)
Search Closes: June 24, 2012
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We seek a dynamic program officer to head a cross-cutting program to promote organizational learning, evaluation, and knowledge sharing.
The program officer reports to the executive director.
The LEAP Officer provides strategic vision and leadership on internal monitoring and evaluation efforts; staff and grantee learning and training initiatives; and the integration of the organizational values into the work environment and product.
The Open Society Initiative for East Africa (OSIEA) promotes vibrant and tolerant democracies by supporting individuals and groups to participate in matters that affect them and to demand fair treatment, access to services and accountability from their leaders, institutions and government.
- Develop and apply criteria to measure the effectiveness and outcomes of OSIEA programs through the use of the
- Appreciative Inquiry (AI) evaluation methodology to improve performance
Staff Learning and Training
- Promote an office environment that encourages innovative thinking and knowledge sharing. Organize regular all-staff trainings and identify learning opportunities for staff on an individualized basis. Create learning opportunities to improve network program collaboration.
Integrating the Organizational Values
- Lead innovative initiatives to uphold and integrate the organizational values into the performance of duties and tasks on a daily basis to foster healthy inter-office communication
Grantee Learning and Training
- Support program staff to incorporate capacity building and institutional strengthening components into grant making.
- Oversee a grant portfolio to oversee these aspects as well as to support opportunities for promising young leaders
- Relevant advanced degree and proven commitment to the protection of human rights in the Eastern African region
- Knowledge of the Appreciative Inquiry methodology of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in capacity building and organizational development
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and capacity to think strategically
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse array of people
- Team spirit and respectful working and decision-making style
- Ability to manage multiple liaisons within OSIEA and the larger Open Society Foundations network in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Integrity, diplomatic manner and professional discretion essential
- Willingness to travel as needed
For more information: http://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/about/offices-foundations/open-society-initiative-eastern-africa
Compensation: Competitive salary, with good benefits package
No phone calls, please. Only successful candidates will be contacted