Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) Jobs career in Kenya 2013
The Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS) is a statutory organization of the Government of Kenya established by the Standards Act, Cap 496 of the laws of Kenya in July 1974.
The mandate of KEBS is to provide Standardization, Metrology and Conformity Assessment services through promotion of standardization in commerce and industry, provision of testing and calibration facilities, control of the use of standardization marks, undertaking educational work in standardization, facilitation of the implementation and practical application of standards, maintenance and dissemination of the International System of Units (SI) of measurements.
KEBS wishes to recruit innovative and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Degree holders’ positions: Officer KS 6
- Public Health or Environment Science – 1 position
- Medical Physicist – 1 position
Degree holders’ positions: Assistant Officer KS 7
- Chemistry – 3 positions
- Civil Engineering – 2 positions
- Mechanical Engineering – 1 position
- Electrical Engineering – 3 positions
- Physicist – 1 position
- Food Science/ Technology – 9 positions
- Biotechnology – 1 position
- Agriculture – 1 position
Diploma Holders’ Positions: Assistant Technicians KS 8
- Analytical Chemistry – 3 position
- Mechanical Engineering – 3 position
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering – 1 position
- Civil Engineering – 2 position
- Food Technology – 4 position
Application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates must be attached to the application form which available online via KEBS Website http://www.kebs.org on or before 22nd June, 2013.
Only short listed candidates shall be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
All degree applicants for engineering related positions must be registered as Graduate Engineers.