Kirinyaga University College Job career in Kenya 2013
Principal of College
Kirinyaga University College was established by the Kenya Government through The Kirinyaga University College Order, Legal Notice No. 108 of September 2011 as a constituent college of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
The successor to the Kirinyaga Technical Institute (KTI), the University College aims at becoming a world class university of science and technology specializing in industry oriented innovation and entrepreneurship in engineering, ICT and agriculture.
The University College is located approximately 100 Km North East of Nairobi off Nairobi Sagana-Embu-Highway in Kutus Town of Kirinyaga County.
The location offers a serene academic, research and student study environment at the foothills of Mount Kenya.
The University College Council seeks to appoint a suitable candidate to the position of the Principal.
The Principal to be appointed will be a self-motivated, dynamic, and visionary and result oriented person who has high ethical values, integrity and professionalism.
The Principal will have an overall mandate of establishing a strong academic, research and innovation oriented, firm administration and financially sound University College.
The University College Council hereby invites applications from qualified persons to fill the position of Principal of Kirinyaga University College.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
As the Chief Executive Officer of the University College, the Principal will be the accountable officer on matters of academic, research, administration and financial management of the College working under the direction of the University College Council with the following duties, responsibilities and accountabilities;
- Guide and train high caliber and industry oriented students;
- Have overall mandate to direct, organize and administer academic programs;
- Have overall mandate on sound and prudent management of all assets;
- Develop, coordinate and implement research, academic and administrative policies in accordance with the Master Plan and Strategic Plan;
- Maintain efficiency and good order as to ensure proper enforcement of the Statutes and other College
- Regulations in line with the University Act;
- Provide innovative and creative leadership in the areas of finance, human resources, planning and infrastructural development, students’ affairs management and community linkages;
- Play a key role in the facilitation and maintenance of linkages with government/regulatory agencies and other local/international institutions of higher learning;
- Guide the College in line with the Performance Contract signed between the Council and the Ministry of Education
- Perform other duties as may be allocated by the University College Council from time to time.
Requirements for Applicant
- Be a holder of an earned PhD and be a Professors or Associate Professor in the areas of science, technology and related fields;
- Be well published and an academic leader in his/her area of specialization;
- Have at least eight (8) years of academic and research experience at senior level and possess demonstrated capacity for leadership in an academic and/or research institution having served as
- Chairman and Dean of Faculty/School
- Be familiar with current national, regional and global trends in provision of higher education;
- Possess demonstrated ability to prudently manage human and financial capital
- Possess demonstrated ability to plan, develop and implement academic programs and institutional linkages;
- Be registered with and be active members of professional associations in his/her area of specialization;
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, highest ethical standards, integrity and professionalism.
Applicants whose professional background experience includes leadership in teaching and administration in reputable international institutions, networking, fundraising and resource mobilization, as well those with training in the field of management, such as MBA, will have an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for this position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including house allowance, gratuity, medical and other benefits in accordance with the University College remunerations guidelines.
The appointment will be for a contractual period of five (5) years renewable once for a further period of five (5) years subject to a satisfactory performance appraisal by the University College Council.
The applicant should submit detailed Curriculum Vitae detailing academic and professional qualifications, experience in academic, administration and leadership skills; publications, awards/scholarships/funding done; membership to professional associations and others linkages.
The ideal candidate should be a Kenyan citizen who will meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution and a high level of professional ethical standing.
Consequently all applicants are expected to obtain clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
Applicants should in addition attach their copies of certificates and testimonials detailing their e-mail address (es) and telephone contacts. The CV should also detail names of three referees giving their telephone numbers and contact addresses
Applications should be sent to reach the undersigned on or before 21st June, 2013
The Chairman of University College Council
Kirinyaga University College
P. O. Box 143 -10300
Kirinyaga University College
P. O. Box 143 -10300