SEPU Production Assistant, Supply Chain Officer, and Human Resource Officer Job in Kenya 2013
It also acts as an agent, consultant and stocks chemicals, drugs and publisher of educational materials for the purpose of promoting standards and quality of science education.
SEPU urgently requires self-motivated individuals with exceptional commitment, creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following positions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision of staff both in wood and metal workshops
- Be able to implement innovations of products.
- Design and manufacture equipment according to customer’s specifications.
- Equipment modifications according to customer’s specifications.
- Knowledge of latest technologies available and ability to implement them in the factory.
- Cost optimization and completion of projects in an efficient manner.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that plant & equipment are effectively maintained to ensure maximum production efficiently.
- Organize all production operations to ensure that output and quality targets are met.
- Diploma preferably in Industrial Education. Higher Diploma will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in a busy commercially oriented work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Conversant with factory Laws of Kenya
- Team player
- Reliable in handling confidential data and information
Job ref: SEPU/SC/2013/001
- Procuring goods and services in accordance with the Public Procurement & Disposal Act and Regulations.
- Soliciting quotations, issuing LPOs and LSOs and reconciling invoices with LPOs against the vote book.
- Inviting and processing tenders
- Supervising supplies and storage of raw materials
- Preparing tender documents.
- Ensuring reconciliation of deliveries against records of goods ordered.
- Preparing reports on procurement/supplies activities.
- Maintaining procurement/supplies records.
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned.
- Diploma in purchasing and supply management from recognized institutions. A Higher Diploma will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a comparable organization and should have working knowledge and understanding of public procurement disposal procedure.
- Be result driven with excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability and readiness to work long/odd hours
Job ref: SEPU/HR/2013/001
- Administering leave and related issues
- Administering medical scheme and related issues
- Administering statutory contributions
- Capturing all staff related issues
- Providing basic counseling to staff
- Providing effective guidance and supervision of staff.
- Assisting in handling staff grievances in a prompt and conscientious manner
- Ensuring accurate maintenance of personnel records
- Administering the central registry and its related services
- Performing any other relevant duty assigned.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management. A Higher Diploma will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must be a member of professional body preferably Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Proven track record and ability in managing change, handling employee issues and concerns.
School Equipment Production Unit
P. O. Box 25140-00603, Nairobi.
University of Nairobi, Kenya Science Campus, Ngong’ Road.